Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? (1014 Views)

Clean Toks Honda Halla Jst 550k / Honda Halla For Quick Sale **Reduced to 260k** / Need Ideas About Honda Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? by gbubs: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hi All,
Where and how was the name derived. This is the most popular brand of Re-named Nigerian Honda.
What is so special about this "Honda Halla", any advantage over other Honda(s) or brands?  smiley
Re: What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? by KunleA2(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2009
its the 1990-1993 Honda. Its cheaper and VERY RELIABLE. Most mechanics can fix it cos they are familiar with it. its been around for a while undecided
Re: What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? by gbubs: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2009
I don't think its cheap o, because the way people around here (Abuja) go on about it, I understand 1992 model (Nigerian used) goes for N600,000, what or who was it named after?
Re: What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? by KunleA2(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2009
gbubs:

I don't think its cheap o, because the way people around here (Abuja) go on about it, I understand 1992 model (Nigerian used) goes for N600,000, what or who was it named after?

I said "CHEAPER". But you will get your money's worth on the car. The name may have come from the vehicle being favored by the Northern Mallams when it first came out undecided

Just a guess.
Re: What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? by bombsquad(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2009
Kunle-A:

. The name may have come from the vehicle being favored by the Northern Mallams when it first came out undecided

which has made theft of honda cars very high because the criminals have an already available market in the north, them dont ake honda do aboki life, chei, dey love the car 2 much
Re: What Is The Hullabaloo About Honda Halla? by gbubs: 9:31am On Jul 09, 2009
Thanks "kunle-a" and "bombsquad" for your replies.
I was thinking of going for it before but now i know better, apart from being 'aboki's favourite, ole's favourite wink and the technical knowhow on the part of the mechanics, i dont see any special advantage it has, will stick to my golf3 quest (i love that car)

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean 6months Used Camry 1994 Model For Sale / Hot And Fresh Toyota Corolla 2002 For Sale Pics Include Pls Cal 08038379715 / EXTRA CLEAN MECURY Villager Red COLOUR TOKUNBOH FOR SALE @ 630K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.