Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Floating_in_grace: God Writes Straight On Crooked Lines - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Floating_in_grace: God Writes Straight On Crooked Lines (602 Views)

Nigerians, WATCH THIS VIDEO & You Will Never Pay Tithe Again To Crooked Pastors / Dele Momodu Writes T.B Joshua An Open Letter / Getting The Record Straight On Apostle Suleman's Fulani Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floating_in_grace: God Writes Straight On Crooked Lines by Justoc: 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
At about 8:00 am, the bell would ring, and then the stampede from the hostel to the assembly ground. It is time for morning assembly. You really have to be quick about it, otherwise you will land into the net of the school prefects and be harvested for late coming. You know what that means…

In those days in school, the first thing that hit my eyes that early morning as I file behind a fellow student is the inscription on a small wooden board, hanging in front of the Principal office: “God writes straight on crooked lines”

To me ‘writing on crooked lines’ means God can do all things, and this was just my understanding of the inscription, then. Nineteen years now, I understand better.

The life of a Christian on earth is like crooked lines. The pains we go through while trying to do His will, the disappointments, the tears, the struggles, all make up the crooked lines. Like a potter and the clay, He keeps moulding us, trying to be as soft as He can with His delicate hands. As a master sculptor, he keeps chirping away the rough edges of our nature and characters. And like a goldsmith, he allows us to pass through the refining fire. By the time He is through, you will come out a sparkling gold. Then will you be conformed to His image and likeness – qualified to join Him in the heavenly places when the time is due.

My brother, my sister, do not resist. Try not to murmur. Endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:3). He is in the process of straightening your crooked nature in order to conform to His image. And when that awaited time comes, you will never have any drop of regret in your cup.

The FACT is that it is difficult to do the will of God while here on earth but the TRUTH is that He keeps molding us in this crooked path in order to make us straight to be able to reach home through the narrow way.

www.blog.floatingingrace.com

Re: Floating_in_grace: God Writes Straight On Crooked Lines by Aceed: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
WORD!!!

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Fire Razes Prostitutes Home In Port Harcourt / The Price Remains Death.be Faithful And Don't Rob GOD. / Picture Speaks Also About What Jesus Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.