Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

"Our Kids Are Looking Up To You"- An Open Letter To 9ja Celebs From A Parent - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Our Kids Are Looking Up To You"- An Open Letter To 9ja Celebs From A Parent (479 Views)

Photo: Cartoon Network Showing Adult Content To Our Kids / Longing To Be A Father And A Parent / What Would You Do As A Parent? Gratitude Or Punishment Or Both? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Our Kids Are Looking Up To You"- An Open Letter To 9ja Celebs From A Parent by adren(m): 3:11am On Feb 18, 2016
OPEN LETTER FROM A CONCERNED PARENT

nigerian celebrities and their 'washing dirty-linen in public' syndrome- "unnigerianly" - TEMITOPE STEVE

from 9ice and ruggedman to davido and his babymama drama to psquare and jude to olamide and don jazzy et al..

Dear celebrities, please stop your 'craze'..

I am writing this piece from as far as my memories could avail me.. the moral ethics our immediate society has to offer this generation and the ones yet unborn are proving to be on a huge decline in terms of the culture and belief on which our fatherland was proudly built.

we may seemingly have to begin to look up to ourselves simply because, our leaders are failing us- politicians, religious leaders, institutional leaders, and now, celebrities, with whom our lost hope is minimally attached, seems to be gaining a huge presence in the long, rich list of irresponsibles.

I am outrightly pained by the insensitive acts they have adopted probably from the whites who invented these social ways of life- a norm, if not arrested ASAP might become a national embarrasment and a monumental craze.

As an adult, I am fed up of picking up dailies with 3-4 pages dedicated to celebrity beefs; i am tired of having to catch up with frustrating topics on blogs and forums basically about their deep-lying secrets proudly revealed by one another in a bid to soiling each other's reputation and losing people's respect and ultimately, their fan base. As if their choice of vulgar and explicit words and rythms, their dreaded and naked outfits and their smoking and drinking issues which a regular kid would want to adopt and emulate because of their vulnerabilties to wild contents easily captured by their minds are not enough already to make up an immoral 'unafrican-like' society. Truth is 'i don't care and no one does', besides, we all have secrets.

Charity begins from home and extends into our immediate environment which is why our young ones and minors are quick to adopt even the tinest of details the 'street' has to teach them. they are vulnerable to moral acts and immoralities which springs up from their surroundings and this undoubtedly, aids or mar their moral development.

while i take some quality time to rebuff celebrity feuds and internet drama whenever i come accross them, my kids and a million others take pleasure in deriving positives from them which can only harm their moral upbringing and mindset rather than offer them any good.

obviously, they (celebrities) think their childish attitudes are fascinating and can only get interesting by fueling their rifts and protuding classic details which are only meant to be a two-man affair, however, unfortunately, their attempts to make it a public affair becomes laughable and shameful..

as a parent blessed with infants, aiming to bring them up rightly, i earnestly bemoan the ever increasing and derailing societal ethics and our home grown celebrities are not willing to stop these acts anytime soon.

as a matter of fact, we may have to force the hands of the law into bringing this nefarious acts into check if that is the only option left because I, alongside future-oriented Nigerian parents will fight abruptly to end this craze as I will do everything humanly possible to protect the minds of my young ones from what they see and what they hear to ensure they grow into responsible adults.

I am simply urging celebrities to join in the mission of channelling moral causes into the minds of infants, minors and teenagers by setting up a good and formidable example because, it is the only thing we ask in return of 'helping you achieve your dream' and it is the only way we are most assured of a better future from a strong foundation.

God bless Nigeria
God bless africa
#SayNoToImmoralities

(1) (Reply)

106-yr-old Lady Celebrates Black History Month In White House / Biafra: Fasting Commenses For Release Of IPOB Leader / Shocking!! What A Man Did To His Colleague In Lagos Because Of His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.