Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

I Guess You Never Knew Who Composed The Famous Happy Birthday Song(pix) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Guess You Never Knew Who Composed The Famous Happy Birthday Song(pix) (561 Views)

Today Is World Left Handers Day. See Famous Left Handers / Girl Behind Famous Meme Is All Grown Up / Amazing Animal Facts You Never Knew. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Guess You Never Knew Who Composed The Famous Happy Birthday Song(pix) by phensbassey: 11:25am On Feb 18, 2016
[color=#000099] [color=#000099] The song, Happy Birthday to You , is sung
thousands of times every day and millions of times
each year. It is that simple ditty of four lines wishing
someone a “Happy Birthday” with one of those lines
containing the birthday person’s name. The composer
of that tune was Mildred J. Hill (1859-1916) whose
birthday is June 27. Her younger sister, Patty S.
Hill (1868-1946), wrote the words. This song,
though simple in structure, has a complex history.
Mildred and Patty were born in Kentucky in the
Louisville area. They and their four other siblings
had parents who instilled in them the value of
education and music. Mildred was a composer, music
teacher, and musicologist who had specialized in the
study of Negro spirituals. Patty was a kindergarten
teacher and principal of the Louisville Experimental
Kindergarten School. She was a leading authority on
early-childhood education that emphasized the
concepts of the German educator who created
kindergarten, /color]

1 Like

Re: I Guess You Never Knew Who Composed The Famous Happy Birthday Song(pix) by Sphilip1(m): 11:34am On Feb 18, 2016
I never knew

(1) (Reply)

25 Things About Life I Wish I Had Known 10 Years Ago / Nigeria Fuel Scarcity- NLC To Declare Nation Wide Strike / Nigerian Singer Ketchup In Coma After Jet Ski Dubai Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.