Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria (33150 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by shugaboy6102(m): 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
Armaggedon:
Was that why he was kneeling before the dullard, saraki and tinubu? Just to be made ordinary chancellor? The chancellor that the dein of agbor got when he was younger than him.

The waste is known for producing touts as 'kings'. This facebook boy they call oni is one of them, including alake(that has leaking mouth) deji of akure that fights with his wife and the infamous oba akiolu.

Later they will come to challenge oba of benin
nna y will you say something like this about such a high personality.Am currently serving in osun state and i know this new oba is such a gentleman and i think i love him to be the chancellor of my Alma mata the university of Nigeria. Proudly igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
wadetaw202:

How does that elevate you or your unknown, inconsequential and forsaken igwes to any position in Nigeria? Continue to be angry. It won't change anything.

shallow motherfcker. i am not igbo.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by wadetaw202: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
publicenemy:

shallow motherfcker. i am not igbo.

Whatever you are, you are clearly not using your head right.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by shugaboy6102(m): 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
scholes0:

Unfortunately for you, you have no say in the matter As you are inconsequential......
God bless u for that reply..proudly igbo

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by aduje(m): 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
Is this Ooni younger than Dien of Agbor - HRH Obi Keagborekwuzi 1- VC of Unilorin?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
lanrema:
Congrat Ikeji Orisa
wrong the real or complete title of the Ooni is Oonirisa--meaning Ooni Orisa.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by ajademola2000(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
Armaggedon:
Was that why he was kneeling before the dullard, saraki and tinubu? Just to be made ordinary chancellor? The chancellor that the dein of agbor got when he was younger than him.

The waste is known for producing touts as 'kings'. This facebook boy they call oni is one of them, including alake(that has leaking mouth) deji of akure that fights with his wife and the infamous oba akiolu.

Sorry.. ehn I know you are pained

Pained as define by google :- affected with pain, especially mental pain; hurt or troubled.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by omofunaab(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Armaggedon:

Do you want sango the god of thunder to visit you? Or is it ogun the god of iron you want? Because you are indirectly inviting them for abusing Yoruba kings like this. ..fool

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
[s]
Thatitan234:

Professor as chancellor?? Just shut up
[/s]wat happened to correction?.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by shugaboy6102(m): 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
SirToby:

Your brain is too damp to know that GEJ already appointed the previous ooni as UNN chancellor few month to his death, so the new ooni has to continue. I also guess obi of onitsha is a shameless gay for accepting to become ABU chancellor
Hmm why did you let a fellow provoke u to the extent of calling the obi of onicha shameless.I know u didn't mean it though but don't let people without value push u too far.Am proudly igbo and i support the ooni to be the chancellor of my once beloved school UNN

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by goshen26: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
He is not wanted
by their fruit u shall know them....tribalism.... No wonder u can hardly find a street in d bEAST named after Yoruba or Hausa man, reverse is the case in other regions....leave tribal sentiment Nigeria is one, any one wU want to break it will eat his next meal in prison

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
Jobabori:

Chancellorship is honourary. They only come to University during ocassions like convocation etc. They perform no serious function in the University.
thanks for ur correction.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by shugaboy6102(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
I know u are pained but maybe he's father may not be the stupid one.I believe people choose to be naturally stupid so pls just insult the dude and leave his papa alone.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by luvprince4real(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Is he younger than d dein of agbor who is d chancellor of unilorin?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
SirToby:

For dis-respecting and insulting youruba kings, may the curses in Job 17 be on my head and my entire lineage till my miserable life crumble in the presence of my helpless parents!

let it be so!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by luvprince4real(m): 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
omofunaab:

Do you want sango the god of thunder to visit you? Or is it ogun the god of iron you want? Because you are indirectly inviting them for abusing Yoruba kings like this. ..fool
my friend wake up, there is nothing like all dos stuffs u just mentioned. Dis is y una no dey grow.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Ecoterrorism(f): 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
He is not wanted
stop using Cheta Nwanze of Smooth FM to promote your bigotry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by shugaboy6102(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
goshen26:
by their fruit u shall know them....tribalism.... No wonder u can hardly find a street in d bEAST named after Yoruba or Hausa man, reverse is the case in other regions....leave tribal sentiment Nigeria is one, any one wU want to break it will eat his next meal in prison
my brother come to umuahia and u will hear streets like awolowo street, akintola way,etc the poster may not be igbo and i want u to know that all tribalist are liable to die young so therefore just keep being the gentle and good Nigerian than am sure u are.one love

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by shugaboy6102(m): 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
omofunaab:

pls show mercy sir for all tribalist do not know what they are saying biko.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by domopps(m): 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
Armaggedon:

And your point is?

Cheeeers
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by jaymdee(m): 11:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Is Dein of Agbor older than him?
Dein Ikenchukwu is younger than him, so the Dein of Agbor is the youngest University Chancellor.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by menacetosociety: 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
patrickbon:
Nsukka go suffer now foolish man
Bloody Illiterate grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by bayinq25(m): 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
gcode123:
[size=13pt]This is kinda funny to me, i think he shoud turn it down.

As an oodua king im not sure he should avail himself so much so his position is not watered down.

Not all appointments are noble. And a king is only honoured among his own who share equal or similar history[/size]
king of agbor was chancellor at unilorin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by bayinq25(m): 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
SirToby:

Obi of Onitsha is the chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University. You are a complete idiot.
that name sounds like cheetah which epitomizes speed but his reasoning is as slow as a worm but we have people like u around to put that brainless round thing he/she calls a head in order,thanks jhor
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by mayorjohnholt(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Armaggedon:

U just dey talk fire....
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Positivist: 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
gcode123:
[size=13pt]This is kinda funny to me, i think he shoud turn it down.

As an oodua king im not sure he should avail himself so much so his position is not watered down.

Not all appointments are noble. And a king is only honoured among his own who share equal or similar history[/size]
The function of a Chancellor is basically to conduct the ceremony for the award of diplomas and degrees in a university. In Nigeria, that position has been the reserve of traditional rulers since the day of Abacha. The current Ooni wouldn't be the first traditional ruler to be so appointed. I understand that the purpose of such an appointment is part of strengthening national unity. In case you're not aware, the Chancellor of ABU, Zaria is the Obi of Onitsha while incoming one for UNILAG is from the El-Kanemi people of Borno. Before criticising something, understand its purpose first.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by tafabaloo(m): 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
What about Dein of Agbor?

He was Chancellor to UNILORIN in his thirties.....i think he is yet to be 40 year old.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Babyphinas(f): 11:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
Congrats
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by excellentmomma(f): 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
Jobabori:

Chancellorship is honourary. They only come to University during ocassions like convocation etc. They perform no serious function in the University.

Your head dey dia.

They are just Visitors. And they are sent from different regions just like NYSC posting, for cross cultural relationships and unity.
Lastly traditional stool bearers are used so they can "chop" too and be settled by the govt they are affiliated to.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by Splendidee(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
U no dey ever graduate? How long wil u be undergraduate.mmtch
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by fatytoy333(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Armaggedon:

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria by M4gunners: 12:00am On Feb 19, 2016
Dein of Agbor is the youngest Chancellor abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sultan On State Of Nation: We Are Being Cowed Into Silence / Olubayo Adesola: Dogs Are Not Reared In Ara, Osun State. It's A Taboo / Igbo Language And Nigerian Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.