Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Why Religion Is Never Our Problem - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Religion Is Never Our Problem (453 Views)

Is Big Brother Naija Our Problem? – By Niran Adedokun / 10 Valid Points Why Religion Has Done More Evil Than Good In Nigeria! / Why Religion Is Never Our Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Religion Is Never Our Problem by presskid(m): 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
On January 8 2016, i was driving into a main road through a junction, in an attempt to be careful, I forgot watching my left side as I carefully watched the motor bikes coming towards my right, when they all halted I drove into the junction forgetting a vehicle might be driving towards my left, in short there was a collision, when I got out of my vehicle I realized that I had inflicted a partial damage on the door of a Mercedes jeep, my vehicle too had its bumper and fender damaged.
The owner of the Jeep demanded repairs, she even threatened to arrest me or confisticate my car, I pleaded with everything I could as I knew it was going to be hard to make repairs, it was a major junction, alot of people came around and pleaded on my behalf but she refused and even insulted the strangers, as this went on she even boasted that she is a pastor in a very popular church's branch. I had to apologise on her behalf to a guy she cursed while trying to plead for me.
Even though I had little, I opted to repair her vehicle, at least to stop her from the nuisance she was causing on my head, when we got to the repairers, the bill was very expensive, was already thinking I might have to sell some of my personal items to raise the money that day as I still have to repair my vehicle too. With the help of some good men around the repairers the bill came down to 10,000 naira and this men are Muslims, and as all this went on this woman kept raining all sorts of insult and abuses on me, to the tune of calling me a 419 and the like, she never kept quite but the most touching part of the story was a man who had nothing to do with the matter but later intervened, he happens to be an ALHAJI who has the respect of the mechanics, he advised me on the issue and later talked to the repairers involved and the price was later brought down that I was only asked to pay 5000 naira. Then I came to a conclusion:
Interms of religious difference, this alhaji could have chosen not to help me and while a quite number of people would expect a pastor to have a forgiven heart to a fellow Christian , but reverse was the case, the pound of flesh the woman took from me was far far bigger than the damage I caused her, and she happens to be a servant of God.
I committed against a fellow Christian and a Muslim pulled me out.
A man already has his attitude before choosing his religion, if you see anything wrong in a man, don't question his religion, check his attitude as a man.

Re: Why Religion Is Never Our Problem by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
First, where does it happened? West or North? I bet you if were to be North religion will play it way because many of them are illustrate. But in the West they tolerate each other that Muslims can enter church during his friend wedding, naming etc and vise-veser. But you have said it all" if you see anything wrong in a man, don't question his religion, check his attitude as a man".
Re: Why Religion Is Never Our Problem by NiGeRianTr0ll(m): 2:18am On Feb 19, 2016
Shes a pastor?===The bitch_ is probably cock-thirsty and sex-deprived...Mad woman...as a pastor, you are expected to not even demand what you know is beyond someone's power and she was even cursing again?

FVCKING BIITCH

(1) (Reply)

4 Pitfalls To Avoid In Answering "Why Are You Interested In This Position?" / Mods, Please Help Me Resolve My Account / A Wrong Signal[a SHORT 18+ STORY]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.