Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp (956 Views)

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6mt: 300 Horse Power Niger Use : For 1 Yr / Now in Lagos!!!! 2002 Ford Explorer V8 Engine 4.6 liters (Limited) N1.690m / 2007 Chrysler 300c With 5.7l V8 Engine For 2.5m - Sold!. Sold!!. Sold!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp by ademlabi(m): 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
Diferent strokes for different folks.People buy Machines for different purposes.Some buy cars cos of its sexyness and durability while some buy cars cos of the engine capacity and the rate at which the car moves.Some people like cars with big engines cos it moves faster than a small engine while some prefer cars with small engine cos of less fuel consumption,easy to maintain and assumption of less mechanical problems.
          Actually,different factors constitute to the rate at which a car moves such as the number of cylinders(V6,V8,V12),the combustion rate,(2.0 lit,3.0,3.5 lit engine) and the horsepower.There is an issue that some V6 cars with high HP moves faster than FEW V8 cars with lesser Horse power ?.How true is it?Toyota (Camry) and Honda have not produced V8 engine cars in recent years.Audi S5 will receive the latest 329-horsepowersupercharged V6 engine that is on call to substitute for the old 4.2-liter V8.More cylinders usually mean more power (more air in each cylinder),although that changes with superchargers and turbochargers.Since knowledge is power,I will like us all to share our views on this.
        Anyway,My job is tobuy cars for my clients in Cotonou,clear it and deliverthe car as soon as possible.If you are interested in buying that sexy machine you have always wanted,all you need do is to come down to Badagry and letz check on it in
Cotonou.At first,you dont have to come with cash  all you need do is to come up with the transportation fee and we
are good to go, (serious buyers please).My numbers are 07063943373,07028266031. youngholf@yahoo.com

Ademola.
Re: Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp by ademlabi(m): 12:32am On Jul 11, 2009
Contributions,
Re: Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp by oluomoadebayo: 4:13am On Jul 11, 2009
please is the V6 fuel consumption higher and difficult to manage for an average man?or whats the difference btwn it and the normal engine?
Re: Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2009
@ Ademlabi:

More cylinders does not equal more power. The number of cylinders does not influence how much air and fuel can be drawn into the combustion chambers, and power produced.

What's more important is cylinder head design, valve gear, and more importantly, swept volume. A 3,0 I4 motor will undoubtedly produce more power than a 1,8 - 2,4 V6.

Porsche ran a 3,0L I4 16V engine in the Porsche 944 S2 in the '90's, that produced 211hp. It was the worlds largest and most powerful naturally aspirated I4 at the time.

The numbers you posted - 2.0 lit,3.0,3.5 are not the combustion rate, those numbers refer to cylinder swept volume, in litres. Combustion rate is very different, and is determined by the fuel octane number, shape of combustion chambers, compression ratio and camshaft profiles. But, that's a matter for another thread.
Re: Open Discussn(v6 Engine With A High Horse Power And A V8 Engine Witha Lesser Hp by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2009
oluomoadebayo:

please is the V6 fuel consumption higher and difficult to manage for an average man?or whats the difference btwn it and the normal engine?

A V6 is a normal engine.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Toyota Seina / Mercedes Benz C 200 Full Option / Nigerian Used 2006 Toyota Corolla {bank Type} For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.