Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! (2693 Views)

Our New Taxi In Northern Nigerian. (hilarious) / Northern Nigeria Politicians Be Like... / Welcome To Northern Nigeria! (edit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2009
Improved Healthcare: A pregnant woman in labour is being conveyed to a hospital 350 miles away in this ambulance lipsrsealed

Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by SamMilla1(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2009
grin grin grin grin

This should be moved to the jokes section
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Improved Healthcare: A pregnant woman in labour is being conveyed to a hospital 350 miles away in this ambulance lipsrsealed

dont believe this is northern naija. pls prove it grin
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2009
Sam Milla:

grin grin grin grin

This should be moved to the jokes section

Why should it be moved to the jokes section? It better remains here so that our politicians will see it. Man, this is real and no joke. I did my Youth service in a hospital in the north, Yobe state to be precise and we had a case where a woman having a difficult labour was transported with something like this to the hospital. The journey according to them took about six and a half hours. Since we didnt have the facilities to carry out the operation that was nedded, the woman was reffered to a general hospital and was then transferred to a car but  unfortunately, she died before she could get to the hospital.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
more pics!

Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by sunjongs(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
Fellow Nigerians, I don vex tire, laugh tire, yab tire, now i want talk i hope say i no go tire to say make govt do something about ikom abakaliki road abi govt spokesmen no dey see that economic blow to our business transactions. Make God help una make una hear me. Respect!
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2009
sunjongs:

Fellow Nigerians, I don vex tire, laugh tire, yab tire, now i want talk i hope say i no go tire to say make govt do something about ikom abakaliki road abi govt spokesmen no dey see that economic blow to our business transactions. Make God help una make una hear me. Respect!

My brother they wont construct roads for human beings and cars but look at the type of road they build for cattles grin
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by kokoA(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2009
senseless post!
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Becomrich: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2009
This two picture are not from northern nigeria. they are from other countries of africa. please google picture for country. The north is running propaganda.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by generalzango(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
@sunny-bobo,thez are not our pics,why don't u stop dez propaganda.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by zomby(m): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
Extremely hilarious pictures, but the topic is very offensive, especially to those from the northern part of Nigeria.
Our moderator must be sleeping as usual.

Topics like this should not be allowed to stay on this magnificent forum.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2009
definetely intended for the general cheesy

definetely not nortthern naija - an ambulance with a cross? in the same northern naija ? beans cheesy

and as for the cowrolla which is all over the net . . .we don't have black and white spotted cows in naija.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Phemour: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2009
This is real funny
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by onyengbu1(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2009
zomby:

Extremely hilarious pictures, but the topic is very offensive, especially to those from the northern part of Nigeria.
Our moderator must be sleeping as usual.

Topics like this should not be allowed to stay on this magnificent forum.

I wont see people like you saying the same thing if an ofe mmanu guy wants "all igbos dead".
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2009
We should just take the pictures for what they are; a joke. And the OP, the joker grin.

This definetly aren't northern Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2009
ilugunboy:

We should just take the pictures for what they are; a joke. And the OP, the joker grin.

This definetly aren't northern Nigeria.

I wonder why Nigerians don't travel round Nigeria. One can not be sitting in the comfort of his home in a GRA in Nigeria and say that the above pics are not from nigeria. I did my NYSC in Yobe state and in the locality where I served, having one of these is even considered a luxury. You need to travel to the interior parts of the north (not Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, jos etc) to really appreciate the level of poverty and disease among those people. I personally took some pictures with ox-drawn carts like the ones above which is a very popular means of transporting farm produce. I would have posted the pics here with my NYSC uniform but for reasons of identity, I won't.

Guys, people need to go to these areas or if anyone has a cousin who has done the NYSC in the north, let him or her show the person this picture and ask if things like this exist in the north.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
I fail to see why Nigerians are looking down on themselves over these pictures?

what's so strange about ox drawn carts in a rural area?

Do you see Asians abusing themselves the same way over oxcarts?

The scene looks very peaceful and there's no traffic on the road.

Everybody in the world cant be rich.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2009
tpia.:

I fail to see why Nigerians are looking down on themselves over these pictures?

what's so strange about ox drawn carts in a rural area?

Do you see Asians abusing themselves the same way over oxcarts?

The scene looks very peaceful and there's no traffic on the road.

Everybody in the world cant be rich.

Spot on!!!
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by muhsin(m): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2009
I find it difficult to find the rationale behind this OP. Is it meant to make people laugh or what? Remember this board is titled "Politics". Thanks
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2009
muhsin:

I find it difficult to find the rationale behind this OP. Is it meant to make people laugh or what? Remember this board is titled "Politics". Thanks

It is assummed that many Nigerian politicians and their cronies visit the politics section of Nairaland. So, the rationale behind this OP is for those thieving politicians to see what their looting is causing to the common masses whose interest they are supposed to be protecting.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2009
@Sunny_bobo,

Don't start claiming monopoly of knowledge about the north here.

Fine!,  you served in the north for one year (barely enough to know Yobe thoroughly), I schooled in Unimaid (Maiduguri) for 4+ years and did my service year in Jigawa state (not even in Dutse but Ringim, Kazaure and Hadeija), so can equally claimed little knowledge of northern Nigeria.

Fine, transportation means around there is still not as developed as what we have here south, but not as bad as what your pictures tried to portrayed up there.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2009
ilugunboy:

@Sunny_bobo,

Don't start claiming monopoly of knowledge about the north here.

Fine!, you served in the north for one year (barely enough to know Yobe thoroughly), I schooled in Unimaid (Maiduguri) for 4+ years and did my service year in Jigawa state (not even in Dutse but Ringim, Kazaure and Hadeija), so can equally claimed little knowledge of northern Nigeria.

Fine, transportation means around there is still not as developed as what we have here south, but not as bad as what you pictures tried to potrayed up there.

If truly u schooled in Unimaid and served in the rural areas of Jigawa, it is either you are not telling the truth or you served by correspondence. I have personally had a ride in one of those. The above is a common means of rural transportation of Agricultural products and other goods to the market on market days. They even exist in some so called urban areas like Potiskum.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2009
Whatever you claimed, but i still insists that THOSE PICTURES WERE NOT TAKEN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Phemzy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2009
ilugunboy:

Whatever you claimed, but i still insists that THOSE PICTURES WERE NOT TAKEN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA

Are you trying to protect the image of Nigeria?

Maybe you should travel around the country before you insist, not just sitting down in your house with your laptop and saying rubbish.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by bawomolo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2009
ilugunboy:

delusion grandeur.

keep fooling guys. rural nigeria is really that bad and no it isn't Niger or Chad
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2009
once again, can someone explain how the scenes pictured here are worse than photos of trash mountains and open gutters littering the south.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 11, 2009
behold the toyota cowrolla

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=cowrolla&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

and the 'african ambulance'

http://images.google.com.ng/images?q=african%20ambulance&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

the op may soon rip off pics from this site:

http://witnessthis./2009/05/29/for-the-love-of-africa/
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by infotunnel: 2:03am On Jul 11, 2009
I nearly laughed my head off!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by platinumnk(f): 4:28am On Jul 13, 2009
the north don suffer, angry
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Jakumo(m): 6:04am On Jul 13, 2009
Sunny Bobo,  you need not try to awaken those Nigerian patriots who refuse to accept the existence of the sort of poverty you have seen with your own eyes.  Such blinkered folks would still disbelieve their eyes even if their car broke down on the road in that picture, and the only means of transport out of the desert was of the sort of contraption shown in your above two photographs.   The patriots would probably choose to just sit and die of thirst beside their disabled car as the cow-team left, convinced that they were in the throes of a heat-induced hallucination .

By the time MEND finishes with Lagos and Abuja, people who own cow-drawn vehicles will be considered fortunate.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by samparian(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2009
@ilugunboy
it seems you spent all your time on campus and just visited Maiduguri metropolis(town as we call it) and never travelled around Bornu and Yobe state.
Maiduguri town is very fine and modern but have you travelled to other parts?
you claim to graduate from Unimaid, ok. i have a question for you.
at the school main gate, instead of turning right and heading into town, turn left and drive beyond that old round about, keep going straight for like ten minutes, and you'll see a whole new world.
i also attended unimaid dude and i lived off campus.
Re: Pictures Of Development In Northern Nigeria! by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
It's not only Akwa Ibom that has good roads.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crazy Answers For Crazy Questions;d / See Baby Who Holds The World Record For The First Mankind Smile / Could This Be molestation???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.