Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory (663 Views)

No Bars No Glory(Free Instrumental) Prod by Double-Six / Who Owns The City, A Live Story Of A Kingdom. / Africa Owns Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory by TimJackJsm(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
I board,a cab,at Church Junction.It was a rush hour.I have a class.There was a vacant seat at the front passenger seat.Albeit we were two that will seat there.The first occupant is already in there.I closed the door with a big bang to ensure the firm closure in case it will open considering the overfed mama I gotta sit with.That must have earn a ten thousand calories burning.It was a big bang that shook the steering around.The driver wasn't holding it after all. He,the driver displeased looked at me,but was speechless.I looked back at him then quickly at the passenger by my side.I tilt my neck a bit,without a word to show the driver the reason behind my action,while fixing my gaze on the big fat woman sitting by my side.That look I gave the driver said it all,he had sighed, knowingly full well that the blame is on him.He should have allow a single passenger sit there.But that would mean any hundred naira is lost,if you asked any commuter to opine about it.His, sure aren't different.
I ensured I hold the door to the car frame with the elbow bent over the car window.I had done this,to prevent the door from opening all of a sudden.Of course I pray that happen not but,it is good to do the right thing at the right time,anytime there is an option of doubt,than telling "Had I known..." story after the deed is done.
The driver starts the car,and was about to pull out of the park,when,someone,another driver of a cab,shouted at him,saying,"oju yobo"("big popping eye man"),don't hit me!
Re: It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory by spramzy(m): 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
wadup
Re: It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory by TimJackJsm(m): 11:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
spramzy:
wadup
Boss!!
How far you?
Re: It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory by TimJackJsm(m): 12:27am On Apr 06, 2016
I look at the driver's face. I imagine that other driver must be good commentator.What an adjective he gave there.It sounded harsh but was a joke though.
Our driver been aware of my stare,perhaps that prompted his reply;
Oloju ekee(small eye-balled man),no wonder you can't see well,park well man!!he shouted titlting his head up.
The other driver smiled.
"Ojuyobo"he hailed.

I was about alighting from the bus when,I saw a man running towards his child a tall and handsome lad,as he draws near,it became obvious his intent of running towards the car,which was still grounded,yet he gesticulates in a manner to stop the car,that his child has forgotten his WAEC examination card,which he brought for him.

At that moment, I could recollect,when I was in my final class in Senior Secondary school,writing WAEC exam.I almost shook my head at that instant,not for the present father run to his child but the various experience in my WAEC examination time.
Re: It Is GOD WHO Owns The Glory And Victory by TimJackJsm(m): 1:35am On Apr 06, 2016
There we were all standing on the long verandah of the hall,most of us resting on the bannisters,everyone talking,gisting.
Attention shifted to the Principal Office, where two parents,with about six to seven (external)students not from our school gathered.
The gathering caught our attention.
What must be happening there?I thought.
Sooner it became clear,those fellas came to write the examination, as external candidates.They already sown our school uniform dresses,which they wore.It aren't anything new to have external candidates come to write the exam here.Though my school is a public government own school.
However, the school authority was not aware of their registration. Because they never did,and the day was the first day of the exam.
They had paid one of the staff,who teaches in Junior Secondary School,who had catered away about 210,000naira from them, promising them of registration which he never did.
The Principal called Mr Charlie the teacher in talk on mobile,gave the phone to the parents to talk with him.
Mr Charlie that I saw that very morning in school told them that he was presently in Coutonou.
What a Maradona Mr Charlie is!!
It was a funny incident but really an annoying one.Those students will have to miss the whole examination, perhaps take a GCE.
When one of the parents,an elderly man with a Bona fide Yoruba tribal marks did react,he said...

Which made everyone burst laughing...

(1) (Reply)

The agonies of a man / My Birthday Recitation- Divepen / The Darkest Side Of Love - Episode 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.