Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? (835 Views)

When Building Wealth Should You Pay Debt Off First Or Invest? / The CBN Is Winning But Pessimists Still Complain - Dele Sobowale / Lagosians Complain Bitterly About Lake Rice Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? by robzyone: 12:24am On Feb 20, 2016
Living in Nigeria is hard, i am suffering the effects of the falling Naira on the parallel market as prices of goods and services have continue to rise. It continues to gets worse everyday and i tell you living in Nigeria just got tougher. As if, it is not bad enough, the two biggest political parties have been throwing blame games and i wonder how that will save our Naira.

The simple reason why the Naira is falling is 'NOBODY WANTS NIGERIA NOT EVEN NIGERIANS'.

I am not here to into details of how we got here but to help us look at things differently. Everywhere I go, all I hear is complains with little or no solutions. Almost everyone I have spoken to about this issue keeps asking "Why are we not producing ordinary toothpick in Nigeria?" but non of them has written a business plan on the production of toothpicks in Nigeria. This makes me worry as I am 110% sure complaining don't solve problems.

Falling Naira is a problem, we all must come together and do something about it. We cannot keep complaining and do nothing about it. In the spirit of doing something about it, I have decided to blog about it. I will not to go into details of what the government needs to do to save the Naira but will list something Nigerians can do to save the Naira.

Patronize Made in Nigeria: Nigerians need to understand the reason why we need to patronize ourselves. Let me try to explain with this simple example. If you own a barbing salon, majority of your customers will live in Nigeria, so if you don't buy what Nigerians make, the less likely your customers can pay for a haircut. So look at it this way "Buying Nigeria makes Nigerians richer. Richer Nigerians means business growth".

Talk about Solutions not Problems: I see this as one of the greatest challenges of Nigerians. I find it funny that most government workers go to work to talk Nigeria's problems but never talk solutions. These are the closest people to the government and should only talk, think and make solutions. We all need to understand 'For every problem, there is a solution'. Talking problems leads nowhere but more problems.

Start or Support a Business: Nigeria needs to be self-sufficient before we can export. We need to reduce our importation and the only way to do this is to create businesses. If we have to stop importing toothpick we need to start producing toothpick. The economy looks scary but this is the best time to start a business in Nigeria.

Think Positive and Believe in Nigeria: This is the most important of all. We need to think positive. We need to believe in ourselves. I find it scary that an average Nigerian thinks negative first. A Nigerian will tell you 2 billion reasons why it won't work forgetting that there are 10 billion reason why it will work. If we can switch our negativity to positivity, the world is ours.

Nigerians are Good People: I really wonder how we got this wrong. I wonder why we think Nigerians are bad people or fraudsters. It is no doubt that about 1% of Nigerians are bad but why should we allow the actions of 1% or less make us conclude that the remaining 99% are bad or fraudsters. We need to change our first impression from "First treat a Nigerian as fraud till proven otherwise" to "First treat a Nigerian as good till proven otherwise".

I really love Nigeria and wish us the best. These are trying times but what we do now determines what we become. We cannot continue complaining and expect things to change, we need to take actions to save the Naira.

Please, feedback is welcomed. Thanks for reading.

http://blog.ayokunle.com/falling-naira-complain-or-invest/
Re: Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? by taurus21: 12:28am On Feb 20, 2016
QUESTION FOR TODAY

Which 1 of these is falling fastest?
a) Naira
b) ManUtd
Re: Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? by BushidoBlue(m): 12:31am On Feb 20, 2016
[size=18pt]#ImpeachBuhariNow![/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2944894/impeachbuharinow

1 Like

Re: Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? by oyinkinola: 4:51am On Feb 20, 2016
robzyone:
Living in Nigeria is hard, i am suffering the effects of the falling Naira on the parallel market as prices of goods and services have continue to rise. It continues to gets worse everyday and i tell you living in Nigeria just got tougher. As if, it is not bad enough, the two biggest political parties have been throwing blame games and i wonder how that will save our Naira.

The simple reason why the Naira is falling is 'NOBODY WANTS NIGERIA NOT EVEN NIGERIANS'.

I am not here to into details of how we got here but to help us look at things differently. Everywhere I go, all I hear is complains with little or no solutions. Almost everyone I have spoken to about this issue keeps asking "Why are we not producing ordinary toothpick in Nigeria?" but non of them has written a business plan on the production of toothpicks in Nigeria. This makes me worry as I am 110% sure complaining don't solve problems.

Falling Naira is a problem, we all must come together and do something about it. We cannot keep complaining and do nothing about it. In the spirit of doing something about it, I have decided to blog about it. I will not to go into details of what the government needs to do to save the Naira but will list something Nigerians can do to save the Naira.

Patronize Made in Nigeria: Nigerians need to understand the reason why we need to patronize ourselves. Let me try to explain with this simple example. If you own a barbing salon, majority of your customers will live in Nigeria, so if you don't buy what Nigerians make, the less likely your customers can pay for a haircut. So look at it this way "Buying Nigeria makes Nigerians richer. Richer Nigerians means business growth".

Talk about Solutions not Problems: I see this as one of the greatest challenges of Nigerians. I find it funny that most government workers go to work to talk Nigeria's problems but never talk solutions. These are the closest people to the government and should only talk, think and make solutions. We all need to understand 'For every problem, there is a solution'. Talking problems leads nowhere but more problems.

Start or Support a Business: Nigeria needs to be self-sufficient before we can export. We need to reduce our importation and the only way to do this is to create businesses. If we have to stop importing toothpick we need to start producing toothpick. The economy looks scary but this is the best time to start a business in Nigeria.

Think Positive and Believe in Nigeria: This is the most important of all. We need to think positive. We need to believe in ourselves. I find it scary that an average Nigerian thinks negative first. A Nigerian will tell you 2 billion reasons why it won't work forgetting that there are 10 billion reason why it will work. If we can switch our negativity to positivity, the world is ours.

Nigerians are Good People: I really wonder how we got this wrong. I wonder why we think Nigerians are bad people or fraudsters. It is no doubt that about 1% of Nigerians are bad but why should we allow the actions of 1% or less make us conclude that the remaining 99% are bad or fraudsters. We need to change our first impression from "First treat a Nigerian as fraud till proven otherwise" to "First treat a Nigerian as good till proven otherwise".

I really love Nigeria and wish us the best. These are trying times but what we do now determines what we become. We cannot continue complaining and expect things to change, we need to take actions to save the Naira.

Please, feedback is welcomed. Thanks for reading.

http://blog.ayokunle.com/falling-naira-complain-or-invest/

OIL AND LFR
[b] THE TWO MAIN MEANS OF INCOME FOR NIGERIA ECONOMY
.....with the determination of Nigeria president Buhari and the trust of of world leaders toward nigeria, from America, Eroupe, Asia and gulf nation the down price of oil and the rise in $ is not a corse to nigeria but a blessing.
Among the oil producing countries, and OPEC only nigeria have what other didn't, we have oil in common but nigeria have the looters as well, this opportunity raise nigeria above other oil nation and when all this country are frustrated with oil down price, nigeria have turn to her looted fund reserved to keep her economy running.
Nigeria is bless with oil and (LFR) looted fund reserve, when the oil price is down, the rise-up of dollar $ hike the value of our LFR, if government inject the LFR recovered on the economy, it will boot our economy!
at rate of $ to ₦ today if government managed to recovered $1 trillion LFR it will give us:

$1=₦400, $1trillion=₦400trillion!
I hereby challenge the Nigeria economists who insist that rising $ and downwards of oil price is a broke to nigeria economy to come-up for debate!
Note (LFR is looted fund reserve)[/b]
Re: Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? by robzyone: 8:26am On Feb 20, 2016
BushidoBlue:
[size=18pt]#ImpeachBuhariNow![/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2944894/impeachbuharinow

How does impeaching Buhari save our Naira? You need to ask yourself how can you save the Naira? Incase you didn't know, the official dollar to Naira rate is 199 Naira.

(1) (Reply)

Pure Water’ Hits N20, Hawkers Protest / Pure Water Packing Bags Needed / (pls Advice) How Can I Recruit Workers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.