Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx (8182 Views)

Ford’s Self-driving Vans Are Now Delivering Food In Miami / Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW / 2019 Ford Edge ST Revealed (photos, Details And Price) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by spenx084(m): 10:32am On Feb 20, 2016
To all the car gurus in the house,please I need an advice on which of this SUVs is more reliable base on spare parts,fuel consumption and easy to maintain.

Rx 330 2006 to 2008
Ford Edge 2010
Mdx 2008 to 2010

I want to get anyone of this before June but I am still confuse on what to go for.
Thanks
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by Kashif(m): 10:56am On Feb 20, 2016
spenx084:
To all the car gurus in the house,please I need an advice on which of this SUVs is more reliable base on spare parts,fuel consumption and easy to maintain.

Rx 330 2006 to 2008
Ford Edge 2010
Mdx 2008 to 2010

I want to get anyone of this before June but I am still confuse on what to go for.
Thanks

There is no 2006 to 2008 Rx 330. If you are looking at reliability and maintenance, relegate the Edge.
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by Femtopford(m): 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
spenx084:

Rx 330 2006 to 2008
Ford Edge 2010
Mdx 2008 to 2010

Thanks

I don't know of Lexus and Acura, but sincerely speaking, Ford edge is sure guaranteed for you.
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by kingreign(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
spenx084:

Rx 330 2006 to 2008
Ford Edge 2010
Mdx 2008 to 2010

Thanks

Bro, welcome to lexus, the pursuit of perfection. The lexus is a perfect match for you. If you need luxury, reliability and dependability.
Hint: over 5 million Americans can't be foolish to drive lexus rx series since its introduction in 97.

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by honmusa(m): 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
pls drop Acura from the list ,fuel mileage very poor unless u can afford to run it on premium fuel

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by femicousim: 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
RX330
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by spenx084(m): 4:32am On Feb 21, 2016
Thanks guys,I appreciate all your advice....judging from the comments here,it means Acura is off the list.....I will consult more on Lexus and Ford Edge....I really don't want to make mistake,that is why I brought this here.
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by sultaan(m): 7:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Nice choice you have there, but you will have to know that all 3 truck you are considering are in different class.
The RX350, and MDX are both Luxurious vehicles of Toyota and Honda but the Edge is mainstream unless you get the SEL which is near luxury.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/car-compare?=&trim=AAbLp8N&trim=AAbLBOS&trim=AAbLPTc&type=summary

The RX is the best option here but the Edge should be the cheapest.

There should be better support for RX and what makes it attractive to you will make thieves like it too

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by HOTARIO(m): 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
I have not owned a Ford but i think the interior of the Edge is rather bland. Maybe an Explorer may compare to the MDX in terms of luxury and performance. I have owned the RX 330 and it's quite refined. I own an MDX at the moment and I'm loving it. When people talk about the MDX and fuel it's kinda laughable. it is expected that a 3.7ltrs engine will burn more gas than a 3.3. or 3.5ltr engine. A luxury car is a luxury car. it can run like an economy car. I will therefore say that opinions are rife good or bad but ultimately decide on your choice based on what you want from your car. If you need a ride to use full tank for two weeks daily whipping non of this is a choice.
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by sultaan(m): 3:53am On Feb 29, 2016
The Edge is at a disadvantage here because for the 2010 model year, base Edge start $27k
(08-10)RX350 is $37k and MDX is $42k

Not a fair fight and the person who said the interior was cheap should know its $10k cheaper than RX350

It is up to buyer to see the value in his purchase

With the current rate for dollars none of these vehicles will be cheap and if thing go on like this topics on cartalk will change in different direction
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by NL1960: 10:28am On Feb 29, 2016
sultaan:
The Edge is at a disadvantage here because for the 2010 model year, base Edge start $27k
(08-10)RX350 is $37k and MDX is $42k

Not a fair fight and the person who said the interior was cheap should know its $10k cheaper than RX350

It is up to buyer to see the value in his purchase

With the current rate for dollars none of these vehicles will be cheap and if thing go on like this topics on cartalk will change in different direction

This is interesting. Never knew that Ford Edge is cheaper than RX 330. I love the design of Ford Edge but i have always thought that the price was way higher than RX 330. If Ford Edge is cheaper than RX 330, how come Nigerians are not buying it the same way they are buying RX 330.
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by sultaan(m): 5:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
NL1960:

This is interesting. Never knew that Ford Edge is cheaper than RX 330. I love the design of Ford Edge but i have always thought that the price was way higher than RX 330. If Ford Edge is cheaper than RX 330, how come Nigerians are not buying it the same way they are buying RX 330.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ford/edge/2010/sd-AAbLupk

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/lexus/rx/2008/sd-AAbLuid

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/acura/mdx/2009/sd-AAbLruH

The market is just getting exposed to American brands the survival rate of the few on the roads will determine if they have more users or go the way of Daewoo

Value is an issue yet to be discovered by Nigerian car users but I think the better educated they are about brands the better choice they will make based on their budget instead of depending on some uneducated hearsay .

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by Kashif(m): 8:17am On Mar 01, 2016
NL1960:

It's the Rx350, not 330.
Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by NL1960: 9:14am On Mar 01, 2016
Kashif:

It's the Rx350, not 330.

My bad. Did not look very well. I can now see why. Ford Edge always trips me whenever i see it. RX350 is also superb.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
The MDX is smooth and quiet with a good number of horses coming from the hood. It also comes with a third row seat with a hand full of buttons to push. Fuel economy is lousy with 15/20mpg. In my opinion,the MDX is out in terms of fuel economy,unless that won't be an issue.
This leaves us with the RX and EDGE.
The 2008 RX is basically a toyota with a little more make-up,louis vuitton shoes and Valentino dress hahaha. Its owned by a good number of Nigerians and our mechanics are familiar with it. Spare parts are available. EPA states it does 18city and 23 mpg(FWD models) for highway which is approximately 29 and 37 km per gallon(1 US gallon=3.7 litres) for an suv thats just fine.
The Ford edge is big and hefty,and with a re-tweaked engine and transmission for 2010,it does an impressive 18/25 mpg. Its not as common as the RX,but I'm starting to see increased numbers of our roads today. Most Nigerians might tell u to stay because the car has this or that problems. Truth be told,some,if not most have poor maintenance habits. When u mention transmission fluid,they immediately think ABBRO haba! That's why a lot of people hate the Nissan Murano. These cars come with a manual,try figuring out at least what type of oil and fluid is recommended and you are good to go. If I was in your shoes? I'd definitely go for the 2010 FORD EDGE and no turning back. Good luck anyways.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section / Which One Is Better For Uber / HOW GOOD IS LEXUS ES300?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.