Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,557 members, 7,861,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? (719 Views)

I Will Sue Glo For Illegal Deductions / Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by 2mNaira: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
A few day ago I received a notification from GLO that NGN 50 has been deducted from my credit for a subscription that I know I never made.I concluded it must be
as a result of system error and I just proceeded to send STOP to the number I was instructed to send STOP to if I wish to unsubscribe.

To my greatest surprise, some days after I received another notification that NGN 20 had been deducted from my credit for a ringing tone.Now, if u know me, you will know that I will never subscribe for a ring to in my dreams not to talk of in real life.
I became concerned.I asked myself if this is
not a malicious program whose objective is to steal from people.Imagined how much these monies will amount to if these deductions were done from the credits of just 5million people.

So, decided that I will have to think of something to do about it.The problem is that I have never been able to speak with a GLO customer service agent no matter how long I patiently waited.

While still thinking of the right course of action to take, just a few minutes ago I received a notification that an amount ( which I was too shocked to commit to memory ) had been deducted from my credit for the last sms I sent and, believe me, I did not send any SMS.

Pls what can I do to stop these train of unending deductions.

lalasticlala kindly help push these to front page.
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by Elosky20: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
buhari must probe dis, dis is kworuption
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by Topestbilly(m): 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
Am not experiencing such deduction from my line..

I will suggest u visit one of their branches to clear d issue.
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by 2mNaira: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
Topestbilly:

OK.
My home is at a considerable distance from the nearest GLO office.I hear that there is an NCC line that one can call to quickly resolve such issue.Do you know it?
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by 2mNaira: 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Topestbilly:

Since u say you have not been experiencing it,I will assume its an error and chaange the title.
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by yomi007k(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Glo is fond of that thing...

Dey deduct kobos repeatedly 4m my airtime. I have called cus care but it still happens.
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by Tritone02: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
NCC number is 622 free of charge
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by 2mNaira: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Tritone02:
NCC number is 622
free of charge
Thanks a lot.Just what I need.
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by Warlord3000(m): 8:33am On Feb 21, 2016
Do I even have diabetes and yet they give me diabetes fact and remove my money all the time despite UNSUB or stop messages sent to them.. Gosh

Lost count and tired of calling CC
Re: GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? by 2mNaira: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Warlord3000:
Do I even have diabetes and yet they give me diabetes fact and remove my money all the time despite UNSUB or stop messages sent to them.. Gosh

Lost count and tired of calling CC

Good.U have finally confirmed that this is rampant

I will edit the post and make it a campaign against GLO and hope it hits front page.

(1) (Reply)

Glo's Data Speed Finally Improving / How To Update Play Store / Recover Your Stolen Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.