Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers (35686 Views)

Italy Oil Firm, ENI To Repair Port Harcourt Refinery / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariaria Shoemakers / Why We Label Our Shoes Made In Italy, China : Aba Shoe Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by MyMentor: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
I wore d shoe dat i bought in 2008 to Onitsha where dey r selling foreign shoe, telling dem dat i want dat type again, dat it lasted more dan expectd.
I was suprizd wen i was told dat it was Aba shoe and refer me 2 another shop.
I really bought it, bt dis time cheaper knowing dat it is Aba.
I betta buy Aba as Aba, dan Aba as foreign.

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by BushidoBlue(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
My fellow Aba people, let's consider some points that will move our market:
1) Let's make peace with the Federal Govt, they hold the key to our success. If they Ban importation of shoes, we will sell faster and better.

2) Let's us be wary of Ben Bruce and Saraki, they are using us to score cheap political points because the Economy is Bad!

3) Let's advertise our products well and look for other means to sustain ourselves!

Meanwhile:
Shoutout to all those who copy and peep in the exam hall... Even those who manage to graduate from the University and those who tried with ND results and Still come here and Type "Buhari is a Dullard" just to get some likes! I hail una..

Make peace??
Are we at war with the FG?
Besides was it not Buhari who began his administration by designating a whole region that voted but not for him as 5%?

Is it not ironic now that the same 5% are being looked as from forbidden stone to corner stone?

I doubt you are Igbo cos if you are, your father would have taught you the first thing about being Igbo....

NEVER DEPEND ON ANY MAN, EVEN GOVERNMENT FOR SURVIVAL ...

WORK HARD AND IMPROVE ON YOUR SKILLS, TALENTS OR CAREER AND LOOK TO GOD....
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Originalsly: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
Shoe shopping....picks up shoe "Made in China........ hmmm...ok. Made in Italy.....hmmm...ok. Made in Aba...huh?...this must be one of those war torn places that break away and form a country... maybe like Isis.....I'm not buying their shoes and support them." Getting up to date technology and machinery I'm all for it.... but this local mentality got to go....maybe he needs to be hit on the head with an Aba shoes before he comes to his senses and realise Aba is not a country.

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Surd2121(m): 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
EgusiSoup:
And the Yoruba's has what to sai Buhari includes dullard cretin Egypt like she burantashi burukutu goro chewing predicament. Aba did the shoe undecided
eleyi gidi gan.....e mu pankere mimo wa
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by donem: 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
This shoe market is capable of making Roberto Cavalli look like a learner.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by nidera(f): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
the powerline shoe makers are d best,,l like their slippers,so strong and unique

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by forgiveness: 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

I'm talking real Italian leather not regular high streets shoes...the argument is not about quality, it's the name & catchet "ITALIAN" made.. dazall.

I dont know why people quote & comment without full understanding of the context!!

Nothing is wrong with 3k shoes, I buy knockabout slippers of 2k but do you really believe genuine Italian leather shoes could ever retail at even 10k?

It's like a lady paying 8k for a bag & believing it's real Michael Kors/Coach/Fendi/Marc Jacobs / Channel/ Gucci bag just cos the name is emblazoned on it....

Aba shoes quality is not the Topic, it's the branding...

You can buy Aba shoe for 600 naira only.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
RichDad1:
Mandillas boys.

Btw, it should be labelled "Made in Nigeria" cos Aba is just a town that's unknown outside the shore of this country.

To all iPods that wants to attack me, check other climes. It's always "made in USA" made in China" made in UK" made in EU" "made in Ghana" and so on.

Thanks bro...u on point no doubt!

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by MrBendel(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
funnynation:
Made in Aba.. Nnamdi Kanu home town.

I hear say doz Aba shoe na animal skin, so one day I cut one of my old shoe wey I no dey wear again. I cooked the animal skin like 57mins but e no gree don. Well, I begin dey chop am like dat since na animal skin.. About 1hr 30mins, my sister come tap me and said ''wake up b4 u chop d whole pillow finish''

I dedicate this FTC to my crush.. Siena247.. I love her bcs of her eye.

Nairaland official comedian

It should not be made in aba but made in Nigeria. Is Aba a country?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Goodnuel: 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Coldfaya:
someone above just captured it. rich out of ego won't want to buy made in Aba while the poor who can't want to feel like the rich by buying the made in italo or China (fake arse ppl).

we need reorientation walahi. Abeg how do I get some made in Aba shoes in Kaduna Biko. my size 47 sef show say Aba will benefit me more.
47??

Chisossss shocked
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by persius555(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Without stable power supply, we are going nowhere. Import all the 21st century technology, without stable power supply, our products will never be able to compete locally not to talk of international.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Elxandre(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

.. nice point,thx .. have you watched leather goods production process as well? I have, it's pure craftmanship..
Yes, however it was long ago and I can't remember much about it.

I'm still yet to see any quality made in Aba sneakers anyway.
All I see in the market is pathetic fakes.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by lynx200(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
It's a good thing this movement to support local products with the #buynigerian. But there is one thing lacking among the Aba shoe makers and by extension many Nigerian businesses. THEY NEVER ADVERTISE THEIR PRODUCTS.

Most Nigerians shy away from advertising believing it to be expensive but projecting yourself and your products is a way of putting your products in the consumers minds in a positive way. If they had been advertising the virtues of their products and demonstrating their strong points over the foreign products they would have eroded the perception of Nigerian shoes being inferior over time and gained a following. It's the same reason Innoson vehicles are not selling as they should.

They could start with radio adverts and online advertising which is way cheaper than TV and with online adverts the views can be tracked. They can even go the route of the phone companies in Lagos computer village with their road shows which help advertise the phone brands. It's high time Nigerian companies embrace modern ways of doing things rather than wait for government though they have a role to play.

What's wrong with getting a large power plant for the market where these goods are produced? This will be much cheaper than each of them generators and fueling. (They can do this through their union or if many of them consolidate to form cooperatives or large companies) They should also have physical outlets to showcase their products outside Aba especially in Lagos as most of Nigeria's business value is captured here. They should also have interactive websites to showcase their products and have a self regulatory body for their members to check on the product standards and quality (THIS IS VERY VITAL).

I just purchased a powerbank coupled in Alaba and it works great. (The producer is a nairalander) Believe me, if they can do this they will go a long way in dispelling the perception that Nigerian products are inferior.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by SegunAdewole: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
Guruboi:
Nigeria has been unsupportive to themselves right from the time of Lord Lugard. undecided undecided

That's the hypocrisy of the FG. You want local production but fashola's power ministry's budget proposal allocated a paltry 2 Billion to the SE (Aba) while allocating N92 billion to the unproductive north.

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
RichDad1:
Mandillas boys.

Btw, it should be labelled "Made in Nigeria" cos Aba is just a town that's unknown outside the shore of this country.

To all iPods that wants to attack me, check other climes. It's always "made in USA" made in China" made in UK" made in EU" "made in Ghana" and so on.
you are right, I have seen some educated and enlightened one branding made in Nigeria, I see a lot of them at nahcoh then exporting these shoes to mainly African countries. To be honest , I use to buy their shoes and bags, you can carry a bag of n1500 for 5yrs while all my chinko bag with designer of about 5k last less than than 2yrs. Export promotion bodies need to educate and support them on branding and packaging. I support buy naija to grow naija.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by woky: 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
SalC:
Are there shoe makers in Ariaria?
Yes wink
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by ciouxox(m): 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
Why made in Aba, and not Made in Nigeria?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Cescgas: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
Heart2heart:
heading to aba soon to replenish my wardrobe a little. Aba is were i buy clothes, even bespoke ones and it would take me eternity to find another person wearing same thing. I get a lot of admirations for my attire. People wanna know were it was made and who made it. when i say my aba designer, u hear "come on, be serious naa". Me na aba brought up oo, so i know what that city has got.

One day my boss bought Pams for 14k at one boutique in ph, i told him this same pams would go for much less in a boutique i know in A-line and powerline. He rhapsodized how the footwear was italian made. I told him in no disrespectful way, sir this pams is made in bakassi, Aba. He said the quality was just way beyond what can be made in Nigeria. He never knew the ingenuity of those guys in aba...

I strolled into aba and searched for it in those boutiques i know well in my years in ariaria. I got fit for 3k. Took the receipt (something i never do).

Wore it on a friday to office, my boss wan faint. He knows too well that back then i cannot cough out 14k on pams (glorified slippers). He saw the receipt, to even butress my point, i told him you can even speak to the seller on phone since his contact was on the receipt. I think the aba craftmen should just stick to their name and fly it. They are as good as that...people who export their shoes to europe, i wonder why the complex.
how can i contact you? i need pams from Aba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement / ShopRite Denies Leaving Nigeria / Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.