Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? (6505 Views)

Employer Wants To Hold My NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE On Resumption. / Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / What Is The Implication Of Accepting A Job Without An Employment Letter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by terrymason(m): 9:12am On Feb 21, 2016
Good day to my fellow nairalanders, am just wondering if is possible to get a well paid job without including a discharge/exemption letter to your cv when applying for a job. A friend of my got employed two months of serving(Nysc) in a offshore servicing company. Though I know most company state their requirement when publishing for job position.

NB: Am a batch A pcm!
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes..
My NYSC certificate has not done anything for my life and I have been working

1 Like

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by terrymason(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:
Yes..
sorry to ask oh! Can you give details on how you got the said job?
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2016
terrymason:
sorry to ask oh! Can you give details on how you got the said job?

once I heard there was a vacancy somewhere and I sent in my application via mail. called for interview and got the job.
Other one was referenced,

1 Like

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:
Yes..
. . . . a normal corporate job or an entrepreneurship work?
modelmike7:
. . . . a normal corporate job or an entrepreneurship work?

Normal cooperate job
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:

Normal cooperate job
. . . . oh cool . . . . So Op, you can give it a try, tho it may not apply to all companies, just give it a try. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . oh cool . . . . So Op, you can give it a try, tho it may not apply to all companies, just give it a try. All the best.
When it comes to trying the worst they can say is "we are sorry" No one will arrest you, so trying will not do you any harm
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:

When it comes to trying the worst they can say is "we are sorry" No one will arrest you, so trying will not do you any harm
. . . . . You are absolutely right sis.
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by correctyourself(m): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:

once I heard there was a vacancy somewhere and I sent in my application via mail. called for interview and got the job.

You wouldn't be paid as graduate and when you get to certain level of promotion that is where you may face serious challenges with other colleagues who has their NYSC Certificate who hope to be given such position. You better go and serve or get exemption Certificate.

1 Like

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2016
correctyourself:

You wouldn't be paid as graduate and when you get to certain level of promotion that is where you may face serious challenges with other colleagues who has their NYSC Certificate who hope to be given such position. You better go and serve or get exemption Certificate.
I have served
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by correctyourself(m): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:

I have served

Better!
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Cutehector(m): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2016
Nysc is only important for public servants! cool

4 Likes

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2016
Cutehector:
Nysc is only important for public servants! cool

I don't know how you guys just come here to pass misinformation. If you don't know something then waka pass.

Any company that takes you in as a graduate and does not request for your discharge certificate has run foul of the law. The NYSC law clearly states that no company would employ a graduate without them passing through the scheme.

Why do you think foreign based Nigerians even come back here to serve?

2 Likes

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Cutehector(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2016
x240:

I don't know how you guys just come here to pass misinformation. If you don't know something then waka pass.

Any company that takes you in as a graduate and does not request for your discharge certificate has run foul of the law. The NYSC law clearly states that no company would employ a graduate without them passing through the scheme.

why r u being so stvpid in life.. a lot of people are gettn jobs without the Nysc cert and u comin in here to spew trash. Read my comments inbetween lines befor u use dat physically challenged fingers of yours to type balderdash.

Now I wrote Nysc is only important in public service jobs with much emphasis on the word "important"
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by terrymason(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2016
x240:

that was exactly what I thought of!
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Cutehector:
why r u being so stvpid in life.. a lot of people are gettn jobs without the Nysc cert and u comin in here to spew trash. Read my comments inbetween lines befor u use dat physically challenged fingers of yours to type balderdash.

Now I wrote Nysc is only important in public service jobs with much emphasis on the word "important"

I would ignore your thrash talking and abusive words because you cant take a pig away from its environment. You should do more research before opening your loud mouth and talking.

No company whether private or public worth its salt would employ any graduate without an Nysc cert except maybe you are being employed for an unnecessary position that doesnt require the use of your B.Sc or Hnd. If they do, they are contravening the laws and stiff penalties can be meted out to them.

Why do you think a private organization like GtB were in the news recently after sending their new employees discharge certificate to the NYSC and it was discovered to be fake?

All companies registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC are OBLIGED to hire only graduates with NYSC discharge cert. QED! Go against that rule and let the government discover. Your registration would be withdrawn. Would a company risk their certificate being withdrawn because a graduate they know nothing about doesn't have his when there are thousands out there with netter qualifications and the certificate ? Your guess is as good as mine.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 21, 2016
Here is section 12 of the Nysc decree so you are enlightened.

SECTION 12
1. For the purposes of employment anywhere in the Federation and before employment, it shall be the duty of every prospective employer to demand and obtained from any person who claims to have obtained his first degree at the end of the academic year 1973-74 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent academic year the following-
a. a copy of the Certificate of National Service of such person issued pursuant to section 11 of this Decree
b. a copy of any exemption certificate issued to such person pursuant to section 17 of this Decree
c. such other particulars relevant there to as may be prescribed by or under this Decree
2. It shall also be the duty of every employer to produce on demand to police officer, not below the rank of an Assistant Superintendent of Police, any such certificate and particulars or copies thereof
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by ademasta(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2016
Seriously NYSC certificates are so crucial and it is even constitutionally stated that no one should be offered a job without them. Talking of both the discharge certy and the exemption letter. But these facts still don't mean guys are not getting and changing jobs without the certificates. Only that those companies are doing it at their own peril... Forfeiting NYSC even attracts a jail term of one year if you check the constitution very well, only that the government is not too strict about that. So x240 you are on point.
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by browncolysis(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Such law can only work in government own companies but not for private firm, even in the so called governement firm such law is not even observed cuss a course mate of mine got a job in a government firm, whose elder bros was the MD of the firm, without serving, moreover, he has forgot about serving yet he has been promoted every year. Nigeria is a lawless Country so anything goes. So please you can get a job in any firm without serving if you have the connection or you can easily get a job in private firm without serving or connection, in as much you are well experience or can offer the desire skills an employer wants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by cmoney22222: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
In patoranking's voice ''nobody wey no fit make am'

1 Like

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Very possible. My cousin has been working in a government establishment since she graduated.
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by butanep(m): 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
People get good cooperate jobs without their BSC certificate not to talk about NYSC certificate.

You can get good jobs without it in a country like Nigeria where who you know matters alot.

NYSC is just a certificate for security not a licence for job opportunity.
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by adahgold(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
Who says is compulsory to have an NYSC certificate before you can work,is the person not from this country? Anyone can get a good job without a bsc certificate talk more of NYSC. One question to that person who says is compulsory to have an NYSC certificate before you work does president BUHARI have an NYSC certificate?

1 Like

Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by missKiffy(f): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
I know most employers ask for it
Re: Help: Is It Possible To Get A Good Job Without Nysc Discharge Certifitcate? by fabiomatic(m): 12:46am On Feb 22, 2016
favoured234:

sorry, how do you hear?

(1) (Reply)

Onefi Nigeria Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? / These Vacancies Were In My Box Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.