Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. (748 Views)

The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA / "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2016
It's so painful when a mother who went through a lot of pains to conceive and deliver a baby. This is a story of a woman who lost her 8months old baby to the uncertified quack health workers at An health centre in Ijoko otero,she narrated how her child started throwing up after meal and she took the baby to the health centre were the nurse who attended to her didn't suggest a test on the child rather went ahead to give the baby injection for 2days. The saddened mother of the child explained how the little girl started getting weaker until the baby died, she noticed the baby constantly defaecating. What is happening to our health sectors, are we having lots of quacks in the system ..someone should help this helpless woman .cc: lalasticlala
Re: Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 21, 2016
End time quacks
Re: Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 21, 2016
Everyone should be careful of hospitals or health centres they take their children to, it's crazy when things like this happen.. The question is very simple, why didn't the nurse suggest a test before any treatment?
Re: Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. by doctokwus: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ferraricash:
, why didn't the nurse suggest a test before any treatment?
Nigerians always quick to shift blame to anyother person than themselves.
If this same baby had died while a test result was being awaited,this same woman wud have still said that the health care providers were quacks because they couldn't didnt do anything.
Even without anyone being a med personnel,does it even make common sense for one not to administer an emergency care to any infant vomiting while waiting a definitive treatment after investigations?That itself is incompetence,unless the child was stable when seen.
Again if this same mother had been told that the baby was to be admitted,to be rehydrated,which is the correct management decision to have been done she wud have objected, telling them is just vomiting,that they shud just give the baby an injection to stop it.
My point:take many stories of 'quack' professionals,not just medical,with a pinch of salt,because when u hear d other side sometimes,u may change your conclusions.
Yes,there are quacks,but this story is all too familiar with nigerians,negligent till things go bad and when d inevitable occurs,they conveniently find who to place the blame on.

1 Like

Re: Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2016
Even if there are quacks, not in a primary health center.

Op, go get the details of the story and come give us updates.
Re: Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2016
Wow this is kinda true , a lot of nigerian mothers need to be educated in raising up a child, they spent almost the whole day gossiping while they are suppose to keep an eye on their children , God bless me as a father because I know how I couldn't just keep my attention from my child.
doctokwus:

Nigerians always quick to shift blame to anyother person than themselves.
If this same baby had died while a test result was being awaited,this same woman wud have still said that the health care providers were quacks because they couldn't didnt do anything.
Even without anyone being a med personnel,does it even make common sense for one not to administer an emergency care to any infant vomiting while waiting a definitive treatment after investigations?That itself is incompetence,unless the child was stable when seen.
Again if this same mother had been told that the baby was to be admitted,to be rehydrated,which is the correct management decision to have been done she wud have objected, telling them is just vomiting,that they shud just give the baby an injection to stop it.
My point:take many stories of 'quack' professionals,not just medical,with a pinch of salt,because when u hear d other side sometimes,u may change your conclusions.
Yes,there are quacks,but this story is all too familiar with nigerians,negligent till things go bad and when d inevitable occurs,they conveniently find who to place the blame on.

(1) (Reply)

Virus Free Anambra State: Obiano's "Operation Wipe-out" Sighted In Awka / How Do I Boost My Intelligence / Mascum Herbal Pride Sexually Problem Weak Erection And Enlargement Of The Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.