Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why I Dont Like Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why I Dont Like Nollywood Movies (496 Views)

7 Things we dont like about Zeeworld Series / (Video) Killer Maid: Real Sex Scene Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movies 2016 / 15 Nollywood Movies You Must See this year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Dont Like Nollywood Movies by Folabimi(m): 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
1. You can predict the end from the beginning.

2. They are mostly a repetition of the same story (lacks concept), with just different actors and settings.

3. It has endless parts (I wonder why people still complain of Indian movies been too long) and most annoying, these parts have different names.

4. Lack of technological expertise, we still cant invest in movies despite having one of the largest film industry in the world.

5. They dont inspire you to take charge of your life. In most cases, the protagonist will suffer endlessly until God, police or super natural power comes to his/her aid. I believe this affect our mentality a lot in Nigeria, everyone is waiting for the likes of Olajumoke's miracle or Government to do everything instead of STANDING UP FOR OURSELVES.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Like Nollywood Movies by asalimpo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Theyre written with all the mediocrity and tactlessness that typifies everything nigerian.

Emotions are expressed unnaturally and excessively. See how rage and anger is expressed- junk.
With bulging eyes and twisted faces. Almost comical.
But i think the mostly, illiterate masses these crap shoots are marketed to will have it no other way.
Re: Why I Dont Like Nollywood Movies by paix(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
And most of them na copy copy from Hollywood films.

(1) (Reply)

Closer -the Chainsmokers Ft Halsey Acoustic Cover Best Song / Parable Of Love Episode 39 (the Journey) / The Scramble For Africa Documentary....a Must Watch !!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.