Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns (2085 Views)

Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Chris Oyakhilome When Christ Embassy Started In 1987(photo) / When Christ Gives A Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
2Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Paul says the Lord will give him and others a crown of righteousness when He comes, yet this generation will not pass away till all these things be fulfilled, and these words were written hundreds of years ago, and Paul passed away a long time ago too.

Yet he says he will be here to receive his crown in the generation Jesus is referencing.

Reincarnation?
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by theshaderoom: 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
One lady is always preaching it on the radio. The coming of Paul to signify the second coming of Christ
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by jcross19: 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
MrPresident1:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Paul says the Lord will give him and others a crown of righteousness when He comes, yet this generation will not pass away till all these things be fulfilled, and these words were written hundreds of years ago, and Paul passed away a long time ago too.

Yet he says he will be here to receive his crown in the generation Jesus is referencing.

Reincarnation?

infact to show how novice you are about the meaning of the words of bible. First quotation you quoted, I did not see where paul mention any generation but he said " ON THAT DAY" and "HERE" did they have same meaning? Coming to the verse you quoted about jesus , the verse is talking about the betrayal of christ, persecution, death and his resurrection to glory. I see so much desperation to bash the word of God bt remember at the point of death you will realise that you have made biggest mistake in life.

1 Like

Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Fadman4real(m): 5:51am On Feb 22, 2016
MrPresident1:

Reincarnation?

Your naiviety is three much,

Do you think after death, you go to sleep and that's is all sorry to bust your bubble, after death is judgement. After Paul dies he knows that his work would be blessed and he would make heaven.

As for d second verse, it talks about the prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
Paul says he will be here when Christ returns, this sure suggests reincarnation.

There is reincarnation in the Bible cheesy.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 10:00am On Feb 24, 2016
Ecclesiastes 3:15
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

We are living in 'rewind', what is to be done has already been done. God requires what is past (in your past life). There is no such thing as 'You only live once', that is a fallacious fallacy angry

Nothing like 'YOLO'

You sin, you pay, if not in this life, then in the next; after death is judgment.

Ecclesiastes 3:16
And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

Under the sun is the place of judgment; under the sun is the place of righteousness
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Scholar8200(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
MrPresident1:
Now what day was Paul referring to? He was referring to that day when, ''in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed''.
1 Corinth 15:52

[/b]

Paul did not write Matthew! Besides, Jesus was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem which took place 70AD

Reincarnation?

Resurrection!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:

Now what day was Paul referring to? He was referring to that day when, ''in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed''.
1 Corinth 15:52

Paul did not write Matthew! Besides, Jesus was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem which took place 70AD

Resurrection!

1Thessalonians 4:15
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Bro., please can you explain the those places I put in red in the context of:

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing

And a little addendum while I await your insights, God is not the God of the dead, but of the living, and the Bible is described as a living breathing book, an evolving story of the world, evolving before our very eyes. In the light of the foregoing, this generation that Jesus says will not pass away till all things be fulfilled, is this generation.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Scholar8200(m): 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Bro., please can you explain the those places I put in red in the context of:

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing

Paul wrote the text highlighted red in 1 Thessalonians 4 while he was still alive and, like every believer, hoped that event will take place in his time. Paul wrote 2 Timothy at the point when death was just around the corner.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand
[/b]2 Timothy 4:6

And a little addendum while I await your insights, God is not the God of the dead, but of the living, and the Bible is described as a living breathing book, an evolving story of the world, evolving before our very eyes. In the light of the foregoing, this generation that Jesus says will not pass away till all things be fulfilled, is this generation.

That has been explained already as to which generation and what event that statement applied to.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
Paul wrote the text highlighted red in 1 Thessalonians 4 while he was still alive and, like every believer, hoped that event will take place in his time. Paul wrote 2 Timothy at the point when death was just around the corner.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand
[/b]2 Timothy 4:6
That has been explained already as to which generation and what event that statement applied to.

These are very specific statements; Paul is telling you in clear and specific terms that he WILL be here, and here you are telling us that Paul 'hopes the event will take place in his time'. Precept by precepts I showed you that Paul means HE WILL BE ALIVE WHEN CHRIST RETURNS and you say 'he hopes'

The Bible is an evolving book of extant world events; Paul says 'we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord' and here you are volunteering your opinion on what is so clear
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Scholar8200(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

These are very specific statements; Paul is telling you in clear and specific terms that he WILL be here, and here you are telling us that Paul 'hopes the event will take place in his time'. Precept by precepts I showed you that Paul means HE WILL BE ALIVE WHEN CHRIST RETURNS and you say 'he hopes'

The Bible is an evolving book of extant world events; Paul says 'we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord' and here you are volunteering your opinion on what is so clear

1 Thessalonians 4:16
Who are those?
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
Who are those?

Ezekiel 37:12-14
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Scholar8200(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

Ezekiel 37:12-14
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

So who are those people:
Scholar8200:
Who are those?
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
So who are those people:

Ezekiel 37 answers your question.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Scholar8200(m): 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

Ezekiel 37 answers your question.

Ezekiel 37 was addressing the Israelites, 1 Thessalonians was written to the Gentile believers!
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
Ezekiel 37 was addressing the Israelites, 1 Thessalonians was written to the Gentile believers!

So have the Israelites risen from the dead?

1 Like

Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

Reincarnation?

grin grin
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by Scholar8200(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
MrPresident1:

So have the Israelites risen from the dead?
Ezekiel's context will be better appreciated when you consider vs 11

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Ezekiel 36:11
The passage was referring to restoration from the point of no hope!
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

Can you expatiate on what you mean with the bolded, how does it answer my question?

Are the Israelites risen from the dead yet?
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

grin

This one is strooong grin grin
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
Scholar8200:

Scholar8200, I did not understand your response, can you explain better on how vs 11 answers my question to you?

Are the Israelites risen from the dead yet?
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 11:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Paul says he will be here when Jesus Christ returns, Jesus Christ says this generation will not pass away till all things be fulfilled, Daniel records that the secrets of the words in the Book will be revealed during the time of the end, and only the wise would truly understand.

The Word of God is alive and breathing and there is a continuous understanding of its contents as the world evolves on onto the end.

Paul has reincarnated and is in the dusts of the earth awaiting resurrection along with true Israel. When the trumpet to reawaken those who are asleep sounds, Paul too will rise from the dead to receive his crown.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Actually, Paul has reincarnated and resurrected, he is now only waiting to receive his crown of righteousness. Paul is one with Christ, Christ is the firstfruits of the dead, meaning the first Israelites to rise up from the dead are Christ.

1Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
Now what I am saying is very easy to understand, only a little bit of concentration is needed.

In Ezekiel 37, Israel was likened to dead and dry bones.

The dead people in the Bible are not the dead bodies lying in mortuaries or in literal graves, no. The dead people of the Bible are the spiritually and mentally dead people of this world, the walking talking and eating and sleeping dead, the mentally slain by God. They are alive physically but dead spiritually. This definition fits the black man snugly. He is religiously astute but spiritually and mentally dead, the one who charted the course of civilisation has become the beast of no nation, he is the butt of jokes by other races who fits the scriptures as described in Malachi 2:9 perfectly:

Malachi 2:9
Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

They have been made base and contemptible because they refused to keep the law of the Lord their God. They are all dead, Adam and Eve, leaders and followers, all dead!.

Jeremiah 7:33-34
And the carcases of this people shall be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth; and none shall fray them away.
34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 12:08am On Feb 29, 2016
1Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 5:17pm On May 19, 2016
Paul is one with Christ.

The dichotomy of Christ; Christ who was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and Christ who was sent to the gentiles.

They will both receive power when Jesus descends with the trump of the archangel. Paul says 'we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord', what Paul is saying here is that he and a select others would have arisen from the dead by the time Jesus Christ returns. It buttresses the point in 1 Corinthians 15:23 that rising from the dead is turn by turn, Christ being the first to do so; every man in his own order.

Who are the dead? Israel are the dead, the living, breathing, eating, sleeping, but spiritually and mentally dead Negros. Christ is their firstfruits, the firstbegotten of the dead, the firstborn among those who descended into the grave. It is when the Lord comes that the latter fruit will now arise from the dead.

1Corinthians 15:23
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1Thessalonians 4:15-17
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, [size=14pt]that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord[/size] shall not prevent them which are asleep.
17 [size=14pt]Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds[/size], to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Read
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2016
Paul is here with us now, reincarnated.

Waiting patiently and anxiously for the blessed promise cry

Pele Paul, God will strenghten you.

It won't be long anymore wink
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by MrPresident1: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Paul is already with us. Peter also says he will be here when Christ returns. He is here too.

They are all awake now, the firstfruits from the dead, patiently, anxiously, and expectantly waiting for the fulfillment of the blessed promise of THE MOST HIGH GOD.
Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by orunto27: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Paul is right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Say He Will Be Here When Christ Returns by UceeGod: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
May God forgive you and may you repent from being deceived and deceiving the spiritually gullible.

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Hagin Life Messages And Book Archive / Between A Choir MASTER And A Choir MISTRESS Which Do You Prefer? / Help!!! I Think I Am In Trouble.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.