Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,053 members, 7,845,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Ever Been A Victim Of 419? Lets Share. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been A Victim Of 419? Lets Share. (672 Views)

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. / Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? / Forex Traders: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Been A Victim Of 419? Lets Share. by sweetpain: 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2009
Since there is no section on crime, I figure I should bring this under business because a lot of 419 acts will usually present as one business proposal or the other.

I got a call on my cell phone yesterday from a certain engr whose voice or name did not ring a bell from anywhere. He felt offended that I had forgotten about him so soon. Anyhow he thought I should know he has a job for me and I should call him back. Since I am not looking for a job and I am not a contractor it was clear this idiot wanted to con me using my airtime. How audacious.

I have had calls like this before (like I am sure a lot of peeps on NL) sometimes telling me about packages from the UK or US to pick up etc etc. I will usually play along and waste their credit but these people will never give up. With the kind of awareness Nigerians have about the activities of these conmen, it makes me wonder how they still manage to eke a living plying their trade. Hence I have to ask, have you ever been staged in a 419 scenario and conned? What was the story? Did they get away?

(1) (Reply)

Buy Ur T-shirts Here / Why Do People Fail To Make Money On Internet / Where Can I Buy Veg Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.