Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

"27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk (4484 Views)

Uzoenyi Rejoins Sundowns Teammates With Excitement / Where On Earth Is Pius Ikedia, Julius Aghahowa, Victor Agali And Efe Sodje / Best Finisher: Obafemi Martins, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, or Julius Aghahowa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by snowdrops(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2009
Na wa o. This guy spent 3 yrs with nigerian police, 2 yrs with insurance, 3 yrs with esperance in tunisia, another 7 yrs with shakhtar, then 4 yrs combined with wigan and Kayserispor, yet he is still 27yrs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8141106.stm

Niger sef, until una become grandpapa at 20, or armpit hair begin plait dada; una no go talk true.
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2009
snowdrops:

Na wa o. This guy spent 3 yrs with nigerian police, 2 yrs with insurance, 3 yrs with esperance in tunisia, another 7 yrs with shakhtar, then 4 yrs combined with wigan and Kayserispor, yet he is still 27yrs.

Niger sef, until una become grandpapa at 20, or armpit hair begin plait dada; una no go talk true.

Itz all a fraud. . . . . . Aghahowa must be about 45 now. . . . .Kanu is approaching 50!
Nigeria and fraud? I dont know which one will kill which first. . . . .
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by snowdrops(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2009
My brother kanu na igwe now. Na small arsene wenger take senior am grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by philip0906(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2009
Na wa o. This guy spent 3 yrs with nigerian police, 2 yrs with insurance, 3 yrs with esperance in tunisia, another 7 yrs with shakhtar, then 4 yrs combined with wigan and Kayserispor, yet he is still 27yrs
shocked shocked grin grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by BrigGen: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2009
As 'Nigerian Time' dey late,
Na so our footballers' ages dey late to increase.
Ehn,na so grin grin

1 Like

Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by folem: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Itz all a fraud. . . . . . Aghahowa must be about 45 now. . . . .Kanu is approaching 50!
Nigeria and fraud? I dont know which one will kill which first. . . . .
grin grin grin grin grin grin

===================================================================================

Kanu may be older than his official age but to claim he is over 40 may be an exaggeration.

[Quote]

http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/allaccess/special/10823140939.htm

Born August 1, 1976, in Owerri, Imo State, Kanu is the third of four children. His father worked with the Imo State Ministry of Works while his mother is a businesswoman. They were strict Presbyterians who inculcated in their children the best of Christian values. All his siblings, apart from the first child, a girl, are professional football players. The youngest brother, Christopher Ogbonna Kanu, cut his footballing teeth with Iwuanyanwu Comets. He has played for the Flying Eagles and Super Eagles. Ogbonna is currently with Ajax Amsterdam's junior team in Holland. Godwin, the first son, was Uche Okechukwu's defensive partner in Iwuayanwu Nationale of Owerri, Imo State in the mid 80s. Kanu's love for the game was inspired in those days by seeing his big brother appearing in Nationale's colours. His love and passion for excellence at the game, blossomed at Holy Ghost College, Owerri, in 1990. The school, popularly called 'Arugo,' was renowned for having a strong football pedigree in the state. In no time, Kanu was an integral part of the school team. At the same time, he was playing for the Ministry of Works Football Team where his father was working.

[/Quote]

[Quote]

http://nigerianmasses.com/sports_details.asp?id=1107&stateid=+

A 1991 product of Holy Ghost College Owerri, all who saw Kanu horn his talent at Uzzi Primary School pitch and Township Stadium Owerri predicted he had a great future ahead but not many envisaged he would have all these laurels dangling on his fragile neck. On one occasion, a pair of boots was getting tighter on the rapidly growing Kanu and he could not afford a new pair. He tore the edge and while his toes sprawled out, he took to the pitch. Such was his passion for the beautiful game. So, from the single-rooms structure in Amakohia crept out a special one who has put smiles on the faces of football-crazy Nigerians. He was the tallest among his generation of Eagles and his stature really loomed large in accomplishments.

[/Quote]

The average Naija Secondary school leaver is about 17-18 (without repeating classes) and that will put Kanu plausibly 36.
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by Ibime(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2009
folem:

===================================================================================

Kanu may be older than his official age but to claim he is over 40 may be an exaggeration.

The average Naija Secondary school leaver is about 17-18 (without repeating classes) and that will put Kanu plausibly 36.

Kanu wey been no sabi speak English properly, you think say him finish school at 17/18?
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by folem: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2009
Ibime:

Kanu wey been no sabi speak English properly, you think say him finish school at 17/18?

What is your Guesstimate?
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2009
Ibime:

grin cheesy grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by folem: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2009
snowdrops:

Aghahowa may not be "27" but he was "17" during Nigeria 1999 (10 years ago) FIFA World Youth Championship. grin grin grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Aghahowa

[size=16pt]Julius Aghahowa[/size]

Personal information

Full name Julius Aghahowa
Date of birth 12 February 1982 (age 27)
Place of birth    Benin City, Nigeria
Height 1.79 m (5 ft 101⁄2 in)
Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Shakhtar Donetsk
Number 77

Youth career

1993-1995 Police Machines
1995-1998 Bendel Insurance FC

Senior career

Years Club App (Gls)

1998-1999 Insurance
1999-2000 Espérance
2000-2007 Shakhtar Donetsk 87 (32)
2007-2008 Wigan Athletic 20 (0)
2008-2009 Kayserispor 23 (6)
2009- Shakhtar Donetsk

National team

1999- Nigeria 32 (14)
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by bawomolo(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2009
he was the man during the 2000 nations cup.
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2009
Lies - Aghahowa is donkey years old! grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by bawomolo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2009
he is 27 in dog years. stop hating 

Isn't aghahowa a civil war veteran grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2009
bawomolo:

he is 27 in dog years. stop hating 

Isn't aghahowa a civil war veteran grin

More like it. . . . . . .Biafra war shit! cheesy
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by tosinaded(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2009
i can never forget this guy!!!!
he worked wonders in his prime
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2009
tosinaded@:

i can never forget this guy!!!!
he worked wonders in his prime

Oh did he? shocked
I guess i was still in my mama's womb! tongue
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by Sagamite(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2009
Ibime:

You must be joking.  grin grin grin

That is the figure for the middle and upper class kids back in those days.

For lower class kids it was more like 20-23 and in the deep rural areas of the north, you are talking of 22-32.

You need to see the Malos that attended my secondary school, bleep me, they were fathers.  grin grin grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by smile4kenn(m): 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2009
My uncle was Kanu's classmate in secondary school,

My uncle is 47 years old now
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 12:00am On Jul 11, 2009
smile4kenn:

Gbam!
I said that dude called Kanu is old enough to father me! shocked grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by dayokanu(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2009
Kanu should be over 22 when he finished Secondary school and Julius should be like 40 now

A Police inspector for that matter.

Like when Ikpebas wife died at 36 years while Ikpeba was 27 and had 3 kids
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by Sagamite(m): 1:46am On Jul 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Kanu should be over 22 when he finished Secondary school and Julius should be like 40 now

Bleep me!

WTF, the guy must have been 10 years older than he claims. shocked
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by philip0906(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2009

shocked shocked cheesy grin grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by folem: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Na U dash Julius that Rank?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55467.32.html

@ All Rumour mongers!

Aghahowa was never a police sergeant, he only played for Police Machnine FC of Benin. He may probably be older than he claims just like most Nigeria footballers with a standard deviation of +/- 5 years.

Interview with Aghahowa: African Soccer magazine No.54 April 2000 pp 28-31

African Soccer: You were said to have joined the Nigerian police force, is this true?

Julius Aghahowa: No, that's not true. What actually happened was that, before joining Insurance FC, I played briefly for the Police Machine team. When I moved to Insurance, the fans, not knowing my name, started to call me a policeman. that was all it was. I was never a cop.

If Kanu was even 22, in 1991 the claims of 45, 50 are just jokes. grin grin grin

smile4kenn:

If your Uncle is 47 now, then he was born in 1962 and if he graduated alongside Kanu from Holy Ghost College Owerri in 1991 he would have been 29 years old then! certainly old enough to be Kanu's Uncle too grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by chidichris(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2009

@smile4kenn,
kanu and other nigerian footballers are liars but u and uncle are horrible in the game of lies. kanu did not attend school in heaven rather in owerri so 1991 is the yr so tell us how a 47 yrs old uncle liar of urs finished secondary school in 1991. was ur uncle into adult education then?

@topic,
why are we surprised with what the players are doing to survive? read carefully what most of us are writing here and u will accept the fact that if 99% of us have the same opportunities, we will do more terrible things. judging by the rate of corruption in nigeria, footballers are part of the holiest people u can find in nigeria. with their lies, they are part of the few good ppl u can think of in nigeria including all of us here calling for their heads.

nigeria and nigerians have the anointing to do evil in all areas of life.

we must learn to overlook this kind of thing because we are more guilty than they are.
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by chic2pimp(m): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
chai aghaowa 27 wetin. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Una no get shame for dis ur naija sha
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by sley4life(m): 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2009
27yrs indeed
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by 9ijaprince(m): 1:06am On Aug 01, 2009
We should be patrotic for once. Non Nigerians are reading this, remember!
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by galatico(m): 11:37am On Aug 01, 2009
Aghahowa is a fucking lier, 27 years old, he should be close to 45 years old, I don't know why Nigerian players like lying too much, All Liers shall have their part in the lake which burneth with Fire and Brimestone
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by MrCrackles(m): 11:47am On Aug 01, 2009
9ijaprince:

We should be patrotic for once. Non Nigerians are reading this, remember!

Who gives a shit. . .  Non Nigerians already know Nigerians are reputable cheats anyway! grin
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by Nolimits04: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2009
Na you get ya mouth.
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by chrisical(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who gives a shit. . . Non Nigerians already know Nigerians are reputable cheats anyway! grin

yes,
Re: "27 Year Old" Aghahowa Rejoins Shakhtar Donetsk by sley4life(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who gives a shit. . .  Non Nigerians already know Nigerians are reputable cheats anyway! grin
Yeah!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tb Joshua,liveprediction On Chelsea Vs Bayern / Why Chelsea Will Win The League In 2021(photos) / Make 1m In 10days With My 2+ Daily Odd (details Below)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.