Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On (1273 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by prinzboi: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
Please help Hyundai sonata 1997, the seal at d crankshaft side do burst and result in serious oil leakages whenever d car AC is put on. Please help.
Re: Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by KingRex1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
prinzboi:
Please help Hyundai sonata 1997, the seal at d crankshaft side do burst and result in serious oil leakages whenever d car AC is put on. Please help.
From the engine, to the belts, to the alternator or crank. Tell the mechanic to check the belts, hydraulic n crank
Re: Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by prinzboi: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
KingRex1:
From the engine, to the belts, to the alternator or crank. Tell the mechanic to check the belts, hydraulic n crank

It spills to the ground.
And to check the belts for tightness or what ?

Thanks bro
Re: Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
prinzboi:

I don't understand what you're asking for here. undecided

Your crank front main seal has let go, and oil is pissing out when the engine is running. What help do you need? Help to replace it, or help to tell you what's wrong? You already know what needs to be done, so?

Let me offer you some help in the shape of free advice. STOP driving the car in its current state! Unless you've decided you want to destroy the engine, and get a replacement.

There you go - I've helped. Good luck, whatever you decide.
Re: Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by prinzboi: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2016
Siena:

I don't understand what you're asking for here. undecided

Your crank front main seal has let go, and oil is pissing out when the engine is running. What help do you need? Help to replace it, or help to tell you what's wrong? You already know what needs to be done, so?

Let me offer you some help in the shape of free advice. STOP driving the car in its current state! Unless you've decided you want to destroy the engine, and get a replacement.

There you go - I've helped. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Thanks bro . God bless.... But what I need to know is why the problem persists because the said seal has been replaced three times in d space of five days . becos whenever it is replaced all it need to get bursted again is just for d engine to start and put on d AC even if d car is not driven for an inch . it's becoming too often that's why need to know d possible root cause Of the abnormalty.
And as regards driving the car, it has been parked for some time now .

Thanks for ur advice and contribution sir.
Re: Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2016
Could you take a picture of the problem area? Just so we know we're on the same page.
Re: Engine Seal Burst And Oil Leaks When Ac Is Put On by prinzboi: 11:11am On Feb 23, 2016
Siena:
Could you take a picture of the problem area? Just so we know we're on the same page.

It's at d mechanic place for now and am not around. When I gets back I will do dt .

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Consumption For Honda Halla / 2019 Lexus UX Spec, Feature, Reviews & Price In Nigeria / Honda Civic 2007-2009 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.