Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Our Land! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Land! (627 Views)

Our Land Is Red By Chineye Ochem / Civilization - An Alien In Our Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Land! by RemenZack(f): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

They invaded our land in the late hours of the night. My father, mother and ten siblings, unfortunately asleep couldn't hear the rushing and ululate sounds of sirens as they invaded our amateur town, filled with red mud and red houses, made of mud.

The next morning, the almost skinless folks got into our small red house and made us kneel before them. We wanted to look into their eyes but they stopped us rather too quickly and vehemently.

But I could spot the young girl's feet. She wore shoes, unlike me. She had a bright, fair coloured skin, unlike mine, coated in darkness and heat from the unfavourable weather of the farm land my Father owned.

The young girl said a word to the Soldiers and they made me kneel next to her. She smiled at me and that was the last I saw my family in a very long time.

I lived in the big house of the young girl. Her parents were harsh and rash towards me but the girl wasn't. She would make me stand next to her, while she preened herself and showered her pale skin with the finest of gold gotten from the roots of our land.

She would tell me how much she loved our land and how much it had taught her. I would listen to her intently, watching her beautify herself some more.

In the big house, she would sit with her parents and a few other stern looking guests, while they ate the exotic meals of our land. They would also drink the local wine, making me think deeply of my Father and how he would clamber on the tallest trees to get the sweetest of wine.

It didn't take too long before my Parents and other desperate and angry peoples of our land invaded the palatial houses and swathed lands of the White skinned folks.

I was suppose to be exuberant to meet my Parents and hug my Siblings so tight and warmly once more but I was ashen in fear and indignant. It was a new feeling, I couldn't even explain. I was pent-up suddenly when my peoples attacked the young girl's Parents and pierced them vehemently with their locally made weapons.

I was mute but I cried out loud deep inside of me. I watched my peoples grow more and more angry on the White skinned folks, driving them out of our land and threatening them to never return.

That was the last I laid my eyes on the young girl or any of the others that survived.

I got bits and tad of knowledge on how to do new things, such as making myself beautiful with ornaments I could find, greeting in a new language and sewing new clothes for my skin. I even got new shoes from the young girl for being such a loyal servant.

In return, we got an infertile land after years of silent war. Many of my friends were already carrying babies of abomination, after some of the White skinned soldiers forced themselves on them.

I looked at my peoples and wished they had gotten a better side of experience from the White skinned folks, like I did. I cried a little for our unfortunate land.

Re: Our Land! by Babacele: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
RemenZack:
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

They invaded our land in the late hours of the night. My father, mother and ten siblings, unfortunately asleep couldn't hear the rushing and ululate sounds of sirens as they invaded our amateur town, filled with red mud and red houses, made of mud.

The next morning, the almost skinless folks got into our small red house and made us kneel before them. We wanted to look into their eyes but they stopped us rather too quickly and vehemently.

But I could spot the young girl's feet. She wore shoes, unlike me. She had a bright, fair coloured skin, unlike mine, coated in darkness and heat from the unfavourable weather of the farm land my Father owned.

The young girl said a word to the Soldiers and they made me kneel next to her. She smiled at me and that was the last I saw my family in a very long time.

I lived in the big house of the young girl. Her parents were harsh and rash towards me but the girl wasn't. She would make me stand next to her, while she preened herself and showered her pale skin with the finest of gold gotten from the roots of our land.

She would tell me how much she loved our land and how much it had taught her. I would listen to her intently, watching her beautify herself some more.

In the big house, she would sit with her parents and a few other stern looking guests, while they ate the exotic meals of our land. They would also drink the local wine, making me think deeply of my Father and how he would clamber on the tallest trees to get the sweetest of wine.

It didn't take too long before my Parents and other desperate and angry peoples of our land invaded the palatial houses and swathed lands of the White skinned folks.

I was suppose to be exuberant to meet my Parents and hug my Siblings so tight and warmly once more but I was ashen in fear and indignant. It was a new feeling, I couldn't even explain. I was pent-up suddenly when my peoples attacked the young girl's Parents and pierced them vehemently with their locally made weapons.

I was mute but I cried out loud deep inside of me. I watched my peoples grow more and more angry on the White skinned folks, driving them out of our land and threatening them to never return.

That was the last I laid my eyes on the young girl or any of the others that survived.

I got bits and tad of knowledge on how to do new things, such as making myself beautiful with ornaments I could find, greeting in a new language and sewing new clothes for my skin. I even got new shoes from the young girl for being such a loyal servant.

In return, we got an infertile land after years of silent war. Many of my friends were already carrying babies of abomination, after some of the White skinned soldiers forced themselves on them.

I looked at my peoples and wished they had gotten a better side of experience from the White skinned folks, like I did. I cried a little for our unfortunate land.
if the village dey for Naija ,I bet you the grand daughters of d whity raped women na dem for dey hold ground now. nice story.

1 Like

Re: Our Land! by RemenZack(f): 9:07am On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for reading and commenting.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Kill Yourself Over A Mistake. / A Tale Of A Stolen Car And The Nigerian Police Experience (story) Episode 2 / Flash Fiction: The Invasion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.