Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) (1124 Views)

Over 1000 Migrants From Central American Trekking Through Mexico To The U.S.(Pic / Join Me As I Travel To Mexico City For A 3 Day Holliday / How Is Mexico These Days? I Am Going There. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
The Mexican Caribbean:

Cancun is a city in south-eastern Mexico. It is located on the Caribbean Sea and is one of the easternmost points in Mexico. It was built by the Mexican government on a site selected as a suitable place for a new tourist development and is an important renowned tourist destination in Mexico.
If you’re looking for a place with great weather, pumping nightlife, many accommodation options and some of the coolest activities in Mexico, Cancun is where you want to be.

What is the weather like?
The climate in Cancun is tropical, with consistent hot and humid weather throughout the year, and very warm sea temperatures. Late June is especially hot, so come prepared or try the off season. Hurricanes can be a major threat in late summer and autumn.

Where do I stay?
Most resorts, hotels and condominiums are located in the Cancun Hotel Zone. If you don't mind spending your vacation with many other tourists, this is a place to stay. Cancun has a large range of 3-5 star hotels in the "hotel zone" and you can find the hotel that best fits your needs and wants.
Downtown Cancun, offers an alternative to all the glitz and hype of the Hotel zone with some great restaurants, bars and shopping centres. Most residents live here.

How do I get around?
There are a number of transport options for exploring the city.
Buses: The buses that run in the hotel zone are mainly R1 and R2, either one will take you back and forth between downtown and the hotel zone. The quality of these buses range from older without air conditioning to new, air conditioned coaches with TVs and WiFi.
Taxis:Taxis are not metered in Cancun. Discuss the price of your trip in total before you begin your ride.

Things to do in Cancun
1. Take the bus tour and explore all the landmarks and sites along the way.
2. Spend the day on the beaches of Cancun, relax, swim and have a full body massage on the beach overlooking the turquoise blue waters.
3. Take the boat cruise. Sail from Cancun on a triple-decker catamaran for a day full of snorkeling, sightseeing, salsa dancing and shopping with friends you have not met yet.
4. Spend a day at the Spa. Cancun is one of the premier spa destinations in the world with a choice of more than thirty Cancun Spa Resorts.
5. Take a trip to see the Mayan Ruins of Cancun.
6. For some shopping, explore La Isla Mall, Plaza Las America, Plaza Fiesta, Plaza Caracol, Plaza Forum by the Sea, Kukulcan Plaza and Market 28.
7. Visit Parque las Palapas. The city’s main park is a large plaza where you’ll find food carts, a small outdoor food court, local handicrafts and souvenirs, a playground, and a large stage.
8. If you are a golfer, Cancun championship golf courses are every golfers dream. They meet the highest standards set by professional golf tournaments and experts golfers.
9. Cooking: The Little Mexican Cooking School, teaches tourists, in one day fun and educational classes, authentic Mexican cooking techniques and regional cuisine
10. Go Scuba diving: take diving lessons from professional certified dive instructors.

Have you been to Cancun? Share your experience here.

The Wakaholic
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by KingRex1(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ama propose there!

1 Like

Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by tpiar: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
A ti gbo!
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by cmoney22222: 9:10am On Mar 09, 2016
tpiar:
A ti gbo!
park las palapas
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by bravitudenatura(f): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2016
Hmmmm we shall visit there
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by tpiar: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
cmoney22222:
park las palapas

Who is this?
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by cmoney22222: 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Google is your best friend
tpiar:

Who is this?
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by tpiar: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
cidiocy22222:
Google is my best friend

Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by cmoney22222: 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Google, a friend in need is a friend indeed
[quote author=tpiar post=43623523][/quote]
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by tpiar: 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
cstupid22222:
Google, my friend in need is my friend indeed

Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by cmoney22222: 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
Park las palapas

[quote author=tpiar post=43625873][/quote]
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by tpiar: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
cnonsense22222:
mi Park las palapas

Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by cmoney22222: 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
Tilapiar fish in the zoo
[quote author=tpiar post=43625974][/quote]
Re: Things To Do In Cancun, Mexico (the Mexican Caribbean) by tpiar: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
cstupidity22222:
I am a Tilapiar fish in the zoo

(1) (Reply)

See More Graphic Photos From The Accident On Third Mainland Bridge Yesterday / What Airlines Won’t Tell You, But Their Workers Will (pics) / Is There Hope Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.