Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

System Boot Failure! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Boot Failure! (751 Views)

24/7 HRS Power Bank For Laptop,Printer, iPAD, BB/PHONES Say No To Power Failure / Windows XP Validation Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Boot Failure! by scottman(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2009
Hello naira landers, I have little problem with my desktop, It refuses to boot from the hard disk.
I have done all I could with the SETUP in DOS Environment, By setting the Boot Devices to "CD-ROM, HDD/IDE-O, AND FLOPPY" Still no improvement.What should I do?
Re: System Boot Failure! by Fisher666(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2009
Hi Mate, u should give more Details like what Operating system u are using and what was your last activity with your desktop before it crashed,
If you are using Xp or Vista then u should get the istallation Disk and repair your windows, if u cant get access to an installation disk then u should download the recovery disk for the Operating system that u are using, just google for it and then download it, its comes in an ISO image, U should use an ISO burning Software like Nero or Image Burner and Burn it to a Cd, After successfully burning the Image on the Cd then Set your Desktop to boot from Cd rom and Insert the Cd, it will load up the Recovery console that will allow u to repair your windows Installation especially the Boot sectors which is critical for System bootups,
Hope this Helps for u,
Cheers Mate, cool
Re: System Boot Failure! by scottman(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
hello fisher666, thank you for the info.but my desktop CANNOT boot from the CD ROM. I have set the first boot device to CD-ROM, so that it ll boot from CD, but no live.
It just keep notifying me "BOOT FAILURE!!!"
Re: System Boot Failure! by 4llerbe(m): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
hey it seems som1 knw wats up here. abeg o i was trying to install a linux distro on my desktop @ home for my younger 1's only for accidental phcn to interfere midway o. upon redemption, i tried booting the system only 4 the thing not to respond o! it just shows the 1st boot up screen and keeps on winking that useless dos thing. ok o i no vex, i put in my xp cd e no boot, the drive spin o, stop, i still no vex, i put the distro same thing, haha, na im i put my smart boot cd, e still no boot, infact every bootable wey i get i tried, nothing. ok i tried to enter bios setup, no way HA!!!!!! na im i vex leave the thing. few hrs later, i tried it, it booted. but was behaving like we was close to a crash. i restarted, back to the old music. na him i pray oooo! put my xp cd, format am e format. i install fresh o, only for the same thing to happen o, e still no boot, PLS WHAT IS WRONG O, AND WETIN I FIT DO ooooOOOOOOOoooo
Re: System Boot Failure! by Oxone(m): 12:00am On Jul 16, 2009
scottman:

hello fisher666, thank you for the info.but my desktop CANNOT boot from the CD ROM. I have set the first boot device to CD-ROM, so that it ll boot from CD, but no live.
It just keep notifying me "BOOT FAILURE!!!"

maybe this would help, let me know how it goes

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10149_102-0.html?threadID=257993

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out / Ipads For Sale / I Want 2 Know The New Website Of Zain(airtel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.