Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,878 members, 7,956,316 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Let's Talk Cnc - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Let's Talk Cnc (4652 Views)

How To Select CNC Milling Tools In CNC Machining / Let's Talk Software Testing / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by zikIPE: 11:11am On Feb 25, 2016
erico2k2:

what would your project be doing? what kind of finished job and what materials do you aim to mill?
Boss, in my case, i'm not milling anything but the project still uses CNC. I was hoping to use information from your CNC mill to get me along while also learning about CNC mills. I.e killing two birds with one stone
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
zikIPE:
Boss, in my case, i'm not milling anything but the project still uses CNC. I was hoping to use information from your CNC mill to get me along while also learning about CNC mills. I.e killing two birds with one stone
All CNC by default are milling machine ie it rotates and move and has a cutting tool. The only option is pcb prin ting, same technology. What do you think of that board with 5 axis cont role?
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
More

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by Jamzig1(m): 9:00am On Feb 26, 2016
The thread I have been looking for.
I am a 200L physics undergraduate, very much interested in robotics, cnc, 3d printing, CAD/CAM, UAVs and Embedded systems in general. I have basic knowledge of them but still looking forward to executing some projects(I have quite a lot of them)
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2016
Jamzig1:
The thread I have been looking for.
I am a 200L physics undergraduate, very much interested in robotics, cnc, 3d printing, CAD/CAD, UAVs and Embedded systems in general. I have basic knowledge of them but still looking forward to executing some projects(I have quite a lot of them)
Welcome onboard. It's an amazing field to derv into if you can spare space for thinking. I hoping someone will actually start by doing a base. Then we do the axis.what stage are U at?mind yoy all the machines listed has CNC in them so it's the basics.anything I can help you with.more than welcome to ask.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by Switpal(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2016
zikIPE:
a link would be highly appreciated-Especially a link to a CHEAP arduino mega 2560 R3.
And i really don't know how a 12mm threaded rod looks like. I once went to buy a threaded rod, but they had a different naming convention. They were using names like size 2, size 4, etc and the traders had no idea what i meant by 12mm. Any help will be appreciated
. http://hub360.com.ng/shop-2/arduino-mega-2560/
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by Switpal(m): 11:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Visit www.hub360.com.ng for all your electronics components
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Switpal:
Visit www.hub360.com.ng for all your electronics components
Nice
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by cluemachine(m): 7:40am On Mar 13, 2016
Hello
As the largest CNC plate processing facility manufacturing base in China, it also awarded the title of 'China Top Brand', and the products have been exported to all of the world. It also passed ISO9001 Quality System Certificate and CE Certificate.

The headquarter of the Company is sited in NANTONG Economic Development Zone. At present, the Company is staffed with 200 employees, 67% of which have junior college education background. During the producing of high-tech machine in the long run, the Company is not only able to supply a full range of CNC products, but also foster a strong skilled and talented team. The Company boasts to have its own R&grin facilities, the strongest R&grin capabilities in China. NANTONG MACHINERY GROUP CO ., LTD. as the parent company,the Company has 5 subsidiary companies under its control.

welcome to view our website: www.cluemachine.com

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by phetty(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
While I was an undergraduate, I was inclined to CNC programming. But couldn't actualize my interest...

Well, I have got a question to ask...

Does CNC programming relates to machine tools only??
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
phetty:
While I was an undergraduate, I was inclined to CNC programming. But couldn't actualize my interest...

Yes. As it's a language that tells the machine what to do.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by xfay(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2016
phetty:

i believe it could be incooperated into other fields..as its a means of accurately positioning an object using discrete step increments
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by xfay(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Now disclaimer: I am in no way an expert but i have been researching this idea a long timeee.

For the CNC controller your best bet in terms of support and price will be to get an arduino uno board for around $10 with atmel 328p MCU. Pair that up with a CNC shield, add four stepper motor drvers from Texas instruments DRV8828 or something.

The arduino will be flashed with a firmware called GRBL which will turn it into a G code processor and VOILA your ready to power your NEMA 17 or 23s

else you will be looking for old school parallel port all about the place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
xfay:
Now disclaimer: I am in no way an expert but i have been researching this idea a long timeee.

For the CNC controller your best bet in terms of support and price will be to get an arduino uno board for around $10 with atmel 328p MCU. Pair that up with a CNC shield, add four stepper motor drvers from Texas instruments DRV8828 or something.

The arduino will be flashed with a firmware called GRBL which will turn it into a G code processor and VOILA your ready to power your NEMA 17 or 23s

else you will be looking for old school parallel port all about the place
eheh I like ur Idea however that $10 would be fake though,you still need drivers for all motors, stoppers switches, and rollers,planes etc.
Im looking for the cheapest way to build one, so far its £300
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by xfay(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2016
erico2k2:

eheh I like ur Idea however that $10 would be fake though,you still need drivers for all motors, stoppers switches, and rollers,planes etc.
Im looking for the cheapest way to build one, so far its £300

well i would admit the arduino wont be original but am sure it will work fine i bougyt like four 4 last year with spare dip (328p)s ..someone sells them in naija here if you prefer that.

As for drivers you dont need any thing else to make the motor work ,the cnc shield included wih "polulu" like drivers plus power supply and you are ok.

This will not be a cheap undertaking if you want to buy everything frm abroad am assuming you live in Nigeria..
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
xfay:

well i would admit the arduino wont be original but am sure it will work fine i bougyt like four 4 last year with spare dip (328p)s ..someone sells them in naija here if you prefer that.

As for drivers you dont need any thing else to make the motor work ,the cnc shield included wih "polulu" like drivers plus power supply and you are ok.

This will not be a cheap undertaking if you want to buy everything frm abroad am assuming you live in Nigeria..
Nah you should buy drivers for each motor or else you are building waht i would call a concept cnc machine
And No I don't live in NIgeria but in the Uk
The sell full package CNC stuffs minus the railings and threaded poles for about £300, even modified boards for 5 axis here or on Ebay.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by xfay(m): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
erico2k2:

Nah you should buy drivers for each motor or else you are building waht i would call a concept cnc machine
And No I don't live in NIgeria but in the Uk
The sell full package CNC stuffs minus the railings and threaded poles for about £300, even modified boards for 5 axis here or on Ebay.

Ok that changes alot of things lucky u ... you should give the GenY32 by SOC a thought

linear bearings perform a lot better too i found some HIWIN on Aliexpress (BST automations or something)

what material will you be milling?
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 12:16am On Mar 23, 2016
xfay:

Ok that changes alot of things lucky u ... you should give the GenY32 by SOC a thought

linear bearings perform a lot better too i found some HIWIN on Aliexpress (BST automations or something)

what material will you be milling?
yeh, well Im planning on wood mainly, then plastic,Aluminum and everything, depends how big my CNC gets lol
Im at that cross rd of packing and going back to Nigeria for good, so this would be one stuff i would be paying attention to
I already have a workshop setting at my yard in Nigeria so I jst need to equip it more
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by cluemachine(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2016
Germany WEPA Holdings subsidiary --WEPA Specialized Piechowic purchased an extension box regarding Gdansk AHEAD-2.0S structure product, unit size of two.8m, your style and design pace involving 2200m And minutes, will be set up on Poland Piechowice grinding machine, scheduled regarding 2017 1st 1 fourth energy.[URL=http://www.famousmachine.com/baby-diaper-machine-13.html]Baby Diaper Machine[/URL]

This is the subsequent purchase of Piechowice routine cells products, structure units providing the total WEPA Class elevated to 20. '09 File format Gdansk can also be accountable for a alteration with the Not any. One particular paper machine blow drying area of the report routine. 2015, WEPA Team inside This particular language as well as Philippines through the sleek energy receiving the exact same type of extendable Gdansk cells product sets out to type in the Euro cells sector ideal system.[URL=http://www.famousmachine.com/adult-diaper-machine-11.html]Adult Diaper Machine[/URL]

The modern flesh equipment is associated with Rio Gdansk "turnkey" undertaking, designed with a new single-layer headbox, twice media rolls, Turbulence training SYD-15FT Aluminum Yankee, Rio Gdansk lid as well as dedusting demisting program. As well as the newspaper product, a expansion connected with Gdansk also the cause of delivering stock preparation systems, supplementary equipment, electric handle programs, together with many executive layout, installation, installation administration, teaching, start-up in addition to debugging.

WEPA CEO Martin Krengel said: "I am delighted to announce the current expansion on the excellent cooperation together with Gdansk, incredibly properly agenda to own business's tasks in the a couple of flesh devices Giershagen Lille as well as increase the business's industry business expansion options. aside from the high common with professional character, along with all of our long-term manufacturers to help keep good operations with assistance sound romance associated with mutual trust plus even collaboration can be just as before a significant element of the completely new job inside Belgium. In .
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/Baby-Diaper-Machines-351271524996829/]Baby Diaper Machines[/URL]
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/Adult-Diaper-Machines-1784487961780809]Adult Diaper Machines[/URL]
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/Sanitary-Napkin-Machines-272594669747157/]Sanitary Napkin Machines[/URL]
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/Under-Pad-Machine-593447420833731/]Under Pad Machine[/URL]
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/Pampers-Making-Machine-515874441954266]Pampers Making Machine[/URL]
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/Panty-Liner-Machine-1540028882958701]Panty Liner Machine[/URL]

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by kopell: 7:33pm On May 23, 2016
Very very interesting, this is what I do for living guys. From EDM wire cut, CNC, to PMC program. Better program like Fanuc, mazik, deco G coding to M coding, I wish all young one can put more effort in this lines in no time our county will be in Indusral revolution just like China.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2016
kopell:
Very very interesting, this is what I do for living guys. From EDM wire cut, CNC, to PMC program. Better program like Fanuc, mazik, deco G coding to M coding, I wish all young one can put more effort in this lines in no time our county will be in Indusral revolution just like China.
well since you are into coding, I might need your assistance at some point next year as Ic an build the mechanical part of teh CNC, I don't want to derv into its programming, I think I rather leave that for teh programmers.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by kopell: 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
erico2k2:

well since you are into coding, I might need your assistance at some point next year as Ic an build the mechanical part of teh CNC, I don't want to derv into its programming, I think I rather leave that for teh programmers.
Anytime men

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by BigEL: 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hi, did you ever succesfully build your CNC machine? please send me a mail if you did or if you know a functional CNC workshop in the country. I have business with good potential to discuss. aedache@gmail.com is the address. looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Anyone with knowledge of a woodworking CNC workshop, please let me know.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
BigEL:
Hi, did you ever succesfully build your CNC machine? please send me a mail if you did or if you know a functional CNC workshop in the country. I have business with good potential to discuss. aedache@gmail.com is the address. looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Not yet but I got the blueprint, Im waiting for when I finish my new yard then I got space to build one .
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by david5565: 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
BigEL:

I have built one and am in the process of adapting it to my needs. 08166165445

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 12:18am On Feb 23, 2017
david5565:

Nice one, do you have a vid of it?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Cnc by Shantyken(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2017
info on wia to I get trained on this CNC machine pls
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by erico2k2(m): 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Shantyken:
info on wia to I get trained on this CNC machine pls
atm you got to do with on line for now.
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by david5565: 9:26am On Jan 16, 2022
david5565:

I now teach CNC building/manufacturing to students and tech workers. 3axis etc contact me if needed 08166165445
Re: Let's Talk Cnc by Xenisha: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hello. There are many different quality machines, it all depends on what you want to use them for. In my production, I use mini cnc machines that do exactly what I need from them. Check cncfirst is the ideal mini CNC machine for small CNC projects. Thanks to its compact working area, it is suitable for schools, shops, hobbies, industrial start-ups and established companies. You can also use it as a second machine for small jobs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Teach You How To Build A Pure Sine Wave Inverter With Arduino Or (atmega328) / Latest MTN Cheat – Get MTN 120GB Of Free Data Now / How To Get Free N500 Airtime On Your MTN Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.