Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Difference Between SPECIALLY And ESPECIALLY? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between SPECIALLY And ESPECIALLY? (552 Views)

Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces / What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? / Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between SPECIALLY And ESPECIALLY? by ogahlouiskid18(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Use the word especially when something stands out from all the others (similar to the meaning of“particularly.”) See examples below: Chai! The whole book was terrible – especially the ending. .

. He loves websites, especially Nairaland.com .

. I can't wait for the trip to New York. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Founder of nairaland. .

. . . . especially can also be used before an adjective with a meaning like “very” or “extremely.” .

. . It’s especially important to arrive on time for your first day of class. .

. All the desserts were great, but the cherry pie was especially delicious. .

If something was designed specifically for a special purpose, use specially: The bus has been specially designed to accommodate passengers in wheelchairs. .

. These dogs are specially trained to detect drugs. .

. The decorations were specially made for the wedding.
Re: Difference Between SPECIALLY And ESPECIALLY? by divinehand2003(m): 10:28am On Feb 23, 2016
Nice one OP

(1) (Reply)

Maha Board SSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board 10th Results / Can I Study Madicine In UNN With 224 / For Prospective Jambites, Unimaid Do Not Organise Post Utme.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.