Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,412 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? (1930 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / DO U TINK WE CAN WIN THIS WORLD CUP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by shazeez(m): 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2006
This dude is supposed 2 be Nigeria's most lethal striker but he ain't banging in d goals, guess he just needs time 2 blend in, but men time dey go!
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by candylips(m): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2006
he is injured at the moment
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by didoflex(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2006
Obafemi's dull form?

My take:

(1)The physical nature of the premiership.

(2) But most especially, moving to Saint James' Park. Newcastle are not a good team (am not beefing the Geordies out there). They just play drab, unexciting, kick and follow, un-free flowing football like the Arsenals, Man Utd, Spurs (not even Chelsea flows) game.

(3) Greatest mistake Obafemi made, he should have come to Tottenham when we wanted him, then his talent would have shown cos we play ball (although we aren't consistent these days), but we play ball!
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by candylips(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2006
dont worry Newcastle will be back to their full potential
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by CrazyMan(m): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2006
candylips:

he is injured at the moment
Obafemi isn't that good. stop saying he's injured
even if he's given 3 seasons with Newcastle, he won't live up to expectation.
co's he doesn't have what it takes.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by kitaun(m): 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by candylips(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2006
crazykid:

Obafemi isn't that good. stop saying he's injured
even if he's given 3 seasons with Newcastle, he won't live up to expectation.
co's he doesn't have what it takes.

Common he is very good. It is taking him sometime to adjust to the prem. You have to know that other world class players like Henry never made an impact immediately. Just give the guy some time. The most important thing is that his coach has faith in him
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by CrazyMan(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2006
@candylips
just what Martins when he's in action, and tell me if there's anything spectular about him.
why Nigerian's were rating him so hard was that he was in Inter milian. you know how we Nigerians behave.
when we've got someone in a big club, we are all over that person.
Martins from my own view isn't that good.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by kitaun(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2006
Why do you guys have to come posting in this thread? What happened to Lordimpaq's thread where u had been discussing this?
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by medex(m): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2006
Down to the Geordies poor midfield,Emre's the only playa with a semblance of quality.Plus stop those long balls,the guy is a Ferrari not a caterpillar.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by candylips(m): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
I used to think highly of this guy. Now i know better . He is a certified wastepipe
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by chidichris(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2009
just what Martins when he's in action, and tell me if there's anything spectular about him.
why Nigerian's were rating him so hard was that he was in Inter milian. you know how we Nigerians behave.
when we've got someone in a big club, we are all over that person.
Martins from my own view isn't that good.

@crazykid,
what are the characteristics of a good player?
u said martins in ur own view is not that good, then i ask, who are u?
are u in the football profession?
are u a coach or a football director?
i still do not know why world class coaches will say a player is good and an ordinary peti-trader will say he is not.
no nigerian player is good to us rather we believe in foriegn players. no wonder some of our players have choosen to play for other countries. i am yet to see in this forum where a post will be on air in support of any of our players and enjoy wide discussions.
are we out here to prophesy doom?

This dude is supposed 2 be Nigeria's most lethal striker but he ain't banging in d goals, guess he just needs time 2 blend in, but men time dey go!

@shazeez,
so who is in his place now? have u seen a better striker in our squad yet?
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2009
@Chidichris

at least, u can do us this one favour; correct the blunder in ur siggy ! grin grin
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by jalether(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
chidichris:

@crazykid,
what are the characteristics of a good player?
u said martins in ur own view is not that good, then i ask, who are u?
are u in the football profession?
are u a coach or a football director?
i still do not know why world class coaches will say a player is good and an ordinary peti-trader will say he is not.
no nigerian player is good to us rather we believe in foriegn players. no wonder some of our players have choosen to play for other countries. i am yet to see in this forum where a post will be on air in support of any of our players and enjoy wide discussions.
are we out here to prophesy doom?
@shazeez,
so who is in his place now? have u seen a better striker in our squad yet?

I no say you go dey here grin grin grin grin grin grin, damn true definition of persistence
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by candylips(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Chidichris

at least, u can do us this one favour; correct the blunder in ur siggy ! grin grin

Is this the one and only Kitaun resurrected?
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2009
yes Sir ! wink

but when did u bury me in the 1st instance ? undecided cry

grin grin
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by chidichris(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2009
@Chidichris

at least, u can do us this one favour; correct the blunder in ur siggy !

@dr.kitaun,

there is a moderator here and u always want to do ur work and do his/hers at the same time. what u are doing is a good work but it is simply a round peg in a square hole. ur type fall under the anointing of EXTROVERTS. u are sufering from over-sabi. do u know what it means to leave an object and go for shadow? this section is called sports forum and not grammer forum. i see u lack in points when it comes to the subject matter and then seek attention and try diverting us from the topic of discussion into some unimportant/unrelated issues.
stop draw unnecessary attentions to urself. bring up relevant points when topics are on air. look at ur post and then relate it to the thread topic and then tell us how related they are.
when it comes to written and oral english, we know who to turn to and by the special grace of God, u are no where in the list. i am well convienced that you are no where related to the achebes, soyinkas and other well read men of nigeria so stop blowing your own trumpets. if you do not have points on any topic, just overlook it as most times, u will end up making more sense while silent than while talking.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2009
chidichris:

@dr.kitaun,

there is a moderator here and u always want to do ur work and do his/hers at the same time. what u are doing is a good work but it is simply a round peg in a square hole. ur type fall under the anointing of EXTROVERTS. u are sufering from over-sabi. do u know what it means to leave an object and go for shadow? this section is called sports forum and not grammer forum. i see u lack in points when it comes to the subject matter and then seek attention and try diverting us from the topic of discussion into some unimportant/unrelated issues.
stop draw unnecessary attentions to urself. bring up relevant points when topics are on air. look at ur post and then relate it to the thread topic [/b]and then tell us how related they are.
when it comes to written and oral english, we know who to turn to and by the special grace of God, u are no where in the list. i am well [b]convienced [/b]that you are no where related to the achebes, soyinkas and other well read men of nigeria so stop blowing your own[b] trumpets
. if you do not have points on any topic, just overlook it as most times, u will end up making more sense while silent than while talking.

seriously, u have improved ! grin grin grin

must[b] I REITERATE WHATS OBVIOUS THAT OBAFEMI HAS LOST THE PLOT ? [/b]

whats the point ? he decides to stick with NEWCASTLE when other NIGERIAN players are trying to escape from the burden of pay packet, he decides a 5k pounds increase in wage is enuff for him to stay in the lower league ? what do u want me to say that has not been said ? dude knows he is past his prime, hin body don dey warn am grin grin
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by chidichris(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2009
seriously, u have improved ! Grin Grin Grin

must I REITERATE WHATS OBVIOUS THAT OBAFEMI HAS LOST THE PLOT ? Huh

whats the point ? he decides to stick with NEWCASTLE when other NIGERIAN players are trying to escape from the burden of pay packet, he decides a 5k pounds increase in wage is enuff for him to stay in the lower league ? what do u want me to say that has not been said ? dude knows he is past his prime, hin body don dey warn am

@kitaun,
who made u a judge over my improvement?

martins in lower division is a big problem to u and if he goes to man u, nigerians will still complain.

how can a living being please nigerians? enyeama won isreali player of the year, another idiot was complaining the league is not good. yobo in everton and playing always, people are not happy, mikel in chelsea, he went for money. who among our footballers is in the right place?

frustrations and envy have done more than enough damages in the lives of nigerians that 95% have turned to proffesional saddists.

if martins is dull in form, it is a natural thing. the graph of economic growth is not straight. life is full of ups and downs. J.martins and timaya in a very sweet song said, sometimes e go good and sometimes e go bad. let us believe that martins is facing his bad times and there is always hope for a living man. in case he did not rise again, it is obvious that he has done enough for himself and family.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2009
chidichris:

@kitaun,
who made u a judge over my improvement?

martins in lower division is a big problem to u and if he goes to man u, nigerians will still complain.

how can a living being please nigerians? enyeama won isreali player of the year, another idiot was complaining the league is not good. yobo in everton and playing always, people are not happy, mikel in chelsea, he went for money. who among our footballers is in the right place?

frustrations and envy have done more than enough damages in the lives of nigerians that 95% have turned to proffesional saddists.

if martins is dull in form, it is a natural thing. the graph of economic growth is not straight. life is full of ups and downs. J.martins and timaya in a very sweet song said, sometimes e go good and sometimes e go bad. let us believe that martins is facing his bad times and there is always hope for a living man. in case he did not rise again, it is obvious that he has done enough for himself and family.

IS THIS UR WAY OF RE-BRANDING NIGERIA ?

Preach on preacher ! grin
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2009
Well, Super eagles never had a good striker
All of them excluding Papilo are average players
I won't be surprised if Uche loses form too
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2009
dason4life:

Well, Super eagles never had a good striker[/b]All of them excluding Papilo are average players
[b]I won't be surprised if Uche loses form too

must u rant bunkum just to increase ur post tally? undecided
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by TheSeeker(m): 12:10am On Jul 05, 2009
@DR. Kitaun

I choose to believe you're way too intelligent, but don't you think you're getting off point here a little bit? You're taking this grammatical prowess to far beyond reasonable limit. If you must flaunt your exorbitant Queen's language skills, could you please step to EDUCATION section? If you can't, can you do us all a favor and concentrate on the subject matter at hand? Thank you.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by nateevs(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2009
Since when did it become irrelevant to spell correctly. . . Sports forum or otherwise?
You are unsure of your capabilities when you see correction as a threat to your e-status. . .

Go learn to spell correctly and stop all these rubbish. . .

What do you tell your kids when they spell incorrectly? "Oh! You did great son!. . . . after all it's not a grammar class".
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by TheSeeker(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2009
nateevs:

Since when did it become irrelevant to spell correctly. . . Sports forum or otherwise?
You are unsure of your capabilities when you see correction as a threat to your e-status. . .

Go learn to spell correctly and stop all these rubbish. . .

What do you tell your kids when they spell incorrectly? "Oh! You did great son!. . . . after all it's not a grammar class".

I sincerely hope that was meant for the poster. On a brief second though, if you want to correct someone's grammar anomalies, don't you think it should be done in private? If it has to be done on a public forum like this, don't you think it should be done with some respect? Not everyone spells correctly and simply because of his inability to project a good spelling capacity doesn't mean he shouldn't speak publicly. I still reiterate that you go to the EDUCATION section if you have to disapprove anyone's English Language prowess. NONSENSE!
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by vikiviko(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
Please has Martins agreed to play in the lower division for 5k pay rise?

If its true talk, na sad one.

I have never seen this kind of money hunger b4, even the Juventus team that played in Serie B with all its class Players were destined to return.

I don't see Newcastle getting promotion in one season.
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by tkb417(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
was he ever a good footballer?
he shld play in the nationwide

thts where his mates play
I hope they dont invite him for the National Team.

Little by little , all those who will not honour the national call will have their teams relegated in Jesus name grin grin grin
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

@DR. Kitaun

I choose to believe you're way too intelligent, but don't you think you're getting off point here a little bit? You're taking this grammatical prowess to far beyond reasonable limit. If you must flaunt your exorbitant Queen's language skills, could you please step to EDUCATION section? If you can't, can you do us all a favor and concentrate on the subject matter at hand? Thank you.

I wonder whats ur business with Chidicunt and I must u put ur nose in this ?

or is it the 1st time u are reading intended jibes ?

why do u think correction of peeps who love to enforce their own beliefs on others is CRIME ? if u were half as observant as I would have wanted u to be, u would know that some of the things posted here between Dayokanu, Allboyz and myself had A HISTORY, so whats ur rant on taking f*ckall to the EDUCATION section about ? undecided

his dciklicking Obagoal and Mikel's phallus and cursing other peoples' parents cos of some juvenile twats aint ur bother but my supposed exhibition of writing prowess is ur bother . . . how deranged ! embarassed
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by TheSeeker(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Dr Kitaun

It may not be none of my business for all you care. And yes, I didn't follow up on the history of the conversation between you both, and NO, I am not in the sway for people who disrespect other people's parent. I'm only speaking in context of what I read so far and that's based on his poor English Language coordination. I wasn't familiar with the moral angle of your petty feud!
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by DrKitaun(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

@Dr Kitaun

It may not be none of my business for all you care. And yes, I didn't follow up on the history of the conversation between you both, and NO, I am not in the sway for people who disrespect other people's parent. I'm only speaking in context of what I read so far and that's based on his poor English Language coordination. I wasn't familiar with the moral angle of your petty feud!

GBOROMIRO ! grin

u would be better off settling other feuds elsewhere, maybe in the Rap section or even Religion section grin . . .I dont see any here, may I also remind u that Seun will not close down NL because of little things like these U CHOOSE TO CALL FEUDS tongue grin

Na wa for all these people wey dey use Panadol extra for other peeps' headache shocked cheesy
Re: What Do U Tink Bout Obafemi Martins' Dull Form? by TheSeeker(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

GBOROMIRO ! grin

u would be better off settling other feuds elsewhere, maybe in the Rap section or even Religion section grin . . .I dont see any here, may I also remind u that Seun will not close down NL because of little things like these U CHOOSE TO CALL FEUDS tongue grin

Na wa for all these people wey dey use Panadol extra for other peeps' headache shocked cheesy

And who has asked Seun to close down NL? You're just twisted!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caf Champions League:Pillars Draw Al Hilal,Heartland Tp Mazembe(their Chances) / Facts About Football (1) Ball Juggling Record / Fifa's Ten Fastest Footballers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.