Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Gtbank Criminally Debited My Account Twice For Mastercard Renewal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Criminally Debited My Account Twice For Mastercard Renewal (650 Views)

Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / UBA Bank Credits My Account Twice, Out Of Error. Should I Refund? / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Criminally Debited My Account Twice For Mastercard Renewal by IseOluwa777(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
The crimes these banks commit against their customers these days is becoming unbecoming. Imagine! I lost my atm card and ordered for a new one from GTBank's mobile banking app and was immediately debited N1000. Card was to be ready in 5 working days. I later went to pick up the card at my branch and after pickup, I discovered I had been debited again another N1000. I called their GTConnect and asked for a refund, believing it was an error. The lady on the phone responded that it would be looked into and that she would send the department in charge a mail to effect the refund. Only for someone from GtBank to call me after some days that I would not be refunded because I asked for a replacement card when there was already an internal bank process triggered to replace my almost expired card (the lost card had almost expired). Imagine!...Telling me that the card they made for me is waiting for me at my branch, though I had already picked the one I requested for. Did they inform me that they had started making a new card for me? If they did, would I not have just held on until the new one was ready? Why should I be the one to bear the cost of their own communication lapse? This country ehn, there is little or no protection for the consumers.. Banks just do as they like , charge as they like, and there is no one to complain to.. Please can anyone give here the CBN consumer complains numbers or email? I want to report this matter.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Create My Company's Website...help / Receiving Western Union, HELP! / Am A Level 2 Seller On Fiverr. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.