Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Bbm Scam Alert – 2810faeb - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bbm Scam Alert – 2810faeb (661 Views)

New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble / Scam Alert, Scam Alert, Scam Alert, please Share This Until The Police Get This / Betting Scam Alert On Bbm Channel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbm Scam Alert – 2810faeb by iveritas: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Richter Leveris claimed to have gotten my BBM PIN from a directory which obviously is false. I decided to keep up with the conversation to find out more about him. He claimed to work with top notch Tech companies aside running his own software company; married at 20; has been divorced for about 6 years; and has two daughter (32, 22); 8 dogs, a turtle etc. He requested that we chat on iChat if I have iphone or Mac product. When I answered but not in the affirmative he then decided to send Apple Macbook Pro and Iphone 6 to me just so we can have online conversation. At this point curiosity got a hold of me to find out about the man who would send an iphone and a laptop to me for free.
Google gave no information about Richter Leveris. I requested for the name of his software company or if he uses any social media so I can add him. He declined my questions but hastily demanded for my address so he can send the items. I ended up searching up on him with his BBM PIN and viola a nairalander already warned about him. See below

https://www.nairaland.com/2480560/scam-alert-beware#43179074

I provided address for the items to be sent. Shortly I got details of the waybill and the customer care number to call to pick up the items. One Sandra picked when I called 08102344458, she declined to mention her surname and gave the address of BA Cargo to be The British High Commission in Abuja. Sensing I found out it’s a scam he blocked me on BBM unknown to the person I already screenshot our conversation. Truecaller could not attach owner identity to number when I tried checking and a call to the Toll Free number of NCC with the possibility of tracking down the culprit failed when I was told the issue is better reported to the police or other security agencies.
Nigerians needs to beware. Obviously his format is the same, the BBM Pin is the same, the cargo service provider and the customer care number varies.

See pictures attached

1 Like

Re: Bbm Scam Alert – 2810faeb by Last2comment(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Bbm Scam Alert – 2810faeb by iveritas: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
More photos

Re: Bbm Scam Alert – 2810faeb by Flexherbal(m): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
These people have so killed the online market, that even genuine products now suffer. To the police, immediately.

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped Fraudsters inside Keke / Justice For Ese / What Will You Do If You Witness This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.