Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah (47470 Views)

Forex Crisis Pushes Up Profits For Local Firms / FOREX Crisis: Food, Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers / Forex Crisis For Importers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by emamos: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2016

The Managing Director of Capital Oil and Gas, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, on Tuesday, followed up his claim to a magic wand that would firm the Naira to an exchange rate of N200=$1 within 30 days ,with fresh claims that he knew those behind the current foreign exchange crisis facing the nation and was ready to name them publicly.
He told journalists, in Abuja, that all he wanted from President Muhammadu Buhari , to achieve the goal, was to be appointed a consultant on Financial Stability, without pay.
According to him, he had a four-point strategy to achieve the extra-ordinary feat but that he would not make them public unless appointed a consultant by the federal government.
His words, “What do we have to bring the exchange rate to N200=$1? I have four cardinal points but I will not release them. I am a man brimming with confidence and ideas which is why I would dare to make such an audacious wager.
“Since my appearance and statement on Sunday night on Channels TV, Dollar has crashed from N400 to $1 to N370 to $1. Is this not enough evidence that this freefall of the Naira is artificial and could be better managed, with honesty and ingenuity
?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/i-ll-name-those-behind-forex-crisis-if-says-ubah/

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Alertz3(m): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
I think this man may not be far from the truth. Speculators are the problem. The popular story of the monkey dealer comes to mind.

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2016
ngeneukwenu come and see o

The AGIP and IPOB youths are beginning to strategize on how to align with the party at the centre.

grin

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by luvinhubby(m): 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sharp Igboman.

Offer the govt. in power a means to assist.

Choose a financial area to assist.

Make a free offer to assist.

Get close to power & know the brokers as you assist.

Leverage on the proximity & contacts from your assist.

And reap the reward of your free assistance by doing business with the govt some other ways.

I trust my people. cool

348 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by seunmsg(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
This guy is a comedian and sincerely, his jokes about bringing down the N/$ exchange rate is helping to calm down the economic tension.

He made a valid point though, the current exchange rate at the parallel market is artificial and doesn't represent the true value of the naira. At the right time, the cabals manipulating the exchange rate to embarrass the president will be put to shame.

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by courage89(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Waiting to see how this movie will end. Great start for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Since my appearance and statement on Sunday night on Channels TV, Dollar has crashed from N400 to $1 to N370 to $1. Is this not enough evidence that this freefall of the Naira is artificial and could be better managed, with honesty and ingenuity?

IPOB Youths Leader!!!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
The should arrest him, he is up to blackmail.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by fyneguy: 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
You need an appointment before you can help your country

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by JAkpayen(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
If refined crude oil importation takes 40% of the country's forex reserves, then the oil cabals in conjunction with some bank officials know what is going on and want to sabotage the Nigeria's economy. Ifeanyi Ubah knows much but need government cover and backing.I now supports the President's stance.
#NoToDevaluation

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by ogaontop(m): 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
JAkpayen:
If refined crude oil takes 40% of the country's forex reserves, then the oil cabals in conjunction with some bank officials want to sabotage the Nigeria's economy. Ifeanyi Ubah knows much but need government cover and backing.

Absolutely Correct!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by dre11(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
hum!!!!

Its now N310 to a Dollar?....

According to politician and businessman, Ifeanyi Ubah, the exchange rate as of this evening has dropped to N310 to $1. According to him, the increase in the dollar rate was being manipulated by some people who will soon be fished out.

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/02/its-now-n310-to-dollar.html?m=1

it's the speculators that is making the dollars scares

17 Likes

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by demosoft: 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
hmmmmmmm
Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by eleko1: 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Be bold UBAH sad Pls BE BOLD.Name those irresponsible,saboteurs,bastards,thieves that doesn't want dis country to prosper. Pls do us dis Favor Chief,Dr,Otunba Okanlomo Ubah undecided wink

37 Likes

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
If what?

1 Like

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Seems like this man knows more than we can imagine
We need economic conference where experts will provide solution to our problems because it is too much for the government to handle. But hell no they rather invest in propaganda than do what is suppose t be done.

20 Likes

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thiz man provokes me shaa ooo..........can't yhu help revive the dying economy of ur state?.....all u can say is if I can be appointed as blah blah blah................

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by ladyF(f): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Chai make dollar no appreciate yet o, make e wait small biko....e go be bad market for some pipucry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Coolcash1: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
This man is just seeking for relevance...Perhaps he is among those that have stocked cash dollars in the soak away and ready to return it to bank...Seriously, he should just shussh his mouth and face his business rather than make mockery and public Shame of himself...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Sunnycliff(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nwannem Ifeco, please don't rescue this guys before they take the glory in what they never imagined could be possible. APC zombies lack common sense and rudimentary economics. Instead of getting economic team they are showing their prowess in media team because of their crush for propaganda.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by RichDad1(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
whats wrong with this noise maker?

3 Likes

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mr Ubah, but some people said it was Buhari's cluelessness...

Wailers will hide their head in shame!!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by BE811APP: 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
abegi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ok
Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by solid3(m): 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
I don't think Buhari will give this man any appointment, Nigerian journalists would now b his daily visitors until he spills the bean.

4 Likes

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by dexterinc2003: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm not an Economics Guru,but it doesn't take Rocket Science to know that a single individual cannot control the forex market...It used to be the CBN rates that controlled the parallel markets,now the parallel markets are trying to control the CBN rates...the backlash of CBN hoarding the dollars. Trying times, but we will get through this..#say no to devaluation#

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Nwannem Ifeco, please don't rescue this guys before they take the glory in what they never imagined could be possible. APC zombies lack common sense and rudimentary economics. Instead of getting economic team they are showing their prowess in media team because of their crush for propaganda.
Imagine height of stupidityy.
So u are not affected with the issue on ground. If Nigeria gets better , u would be bittered because a certain party is in power.
Im sure u re still been fed.
Anyway, ask your father what he is going thru now, with the level of hardship in d country. So if someone would save us, i know he won't think shabbily like you.
Omo ode.... Mtcheew

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by apatuku: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Capital oil is owing it staff 7 month salary. Ubah should find solutions to this first.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by sparkleboy(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
The truth of the matter is that Mr Ubah knows the rudimentary code of demand, supply, artificial scarcity and Hoarding.
They use this theory a lot in the fuel retail business, so He knows what is happening.
Mr Buhari is just to clueless and to understand this simple economics since he failed his Waec what do you expect.
The previous policy of rejecting Dollar deposits also helped to worsen the situation.
I hope Mr Buhari listens to real economist and not all his 97+5=100 ministers.

BTW Mr Ubah is just an experienced retailer, so Baba should take his consultations with a pinch of salt so that they would not completely ruin Nigeria's economy on the anambra trial by error economics. I don't also trust this man cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by tinsel: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Today in lagos dollar sold at 330.00 naira

8 Likes

Re: I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah by iykedare(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
babydioku:

blackmail who? your thieving dangote and others that threatened that naira will sell for 500 naira to 1 dollar if fuel subsidy is removed?

That is what is happening now.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Vs Dollar: A Picture With Deep Meaning. / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / Obi Cubana To Sponsor Ekuma Jeremiah, Hawker To University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.