Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With (12867 Views)

FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production / Local Rice Production Hits 15m Tonnes / Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by Mboi: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2016
All these while the country has been trying to improve in agriculture, only southeast States have been on the news. Does it mean that states in southwest don't have agricultural products to focus on?
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by buchilino(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2016
Agimor:
I'm beginning to believe the fall in oil price is a blessing in disguise to Nigeria.

#Operationeachstatetapyournaturalresouces.

I HAD ALWAYS PRAYED DAT CRUDE OIL WILL DISAPPEAR FROM NIGERIA
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by buchilino(m): 9:21am On Feb 24, 2016
LordReed:
Can someone explain to me why bulldozers would be bought for agricultural use instead of tractors, harvesters or combines?

AM EVEN SCRATCHING HAIR 2 UNDERSTAND HOW A BULLDOZER CAN BE USED FOR AGRICULTURE
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by ucnwafor(m): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2016
brandymcmb:
13 not enough, 130 would have been better
lol o boy dis your teeth nah close-up advert
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by signz: 9:24am On Feb 24, 2016
LordReed:
Can someone explain to me why bulldozers would be bought for agricultural use instead of tractors, harvesters or combines?

You can use bulldozers to clear the land of unwanted trees. I suspect Umahi wants to create more farmlands.

Fave Umahi is doing very well

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by k4kenny(f): 9:26am On Feb 24, 2016
LordReed:

Thank you o. Same thin crossed my mind. What has bull dozers got to do with rice production Aren't those meant for demolition?
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by Macclane(m): 9:27am On Feb 24, 2016
billyG:

13 bulldozer ke!Y not buy 4 combine harvesters,6 tractors & plough,then 3 bulldozers.

Abi oh! U knw sum ppl get Knwledge but senze no dey
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by Justiyke4u: 9:29am On Feb 24, 2016
Agimor:
I'm beginning to believe the fall in oil price is a blessing in disguise to Nigeria.

#Operationeachstatetapyournaturalresouces.
you just spoke my mind. I would repeated same thing if I had not read your comment.
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by Macclane(m): 9:31am On Feb 24, 2016
ajealadick:
They need combined harvesters not bulldozers

When you finally brush ur teeth
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by ucnwafor(m): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2016
I had always say that we ebonyians are best known in rice farming in the country and I wish to come downtown and own one a piece of land for rice fields such as tractors, mini-trucks for loading and offloading seeding rice to the swamp, some planting tools etc..........enough of all dis manual and tedious way of planting this crops, mechanised farming made asians such as japan, china, thailand to have best refined and productive rice industries

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by signz: 9:47am On Feb 24, 2016
ucnwafor:
I had always say that we ebonyians are best known in rice farming in the country and I wish to come downtown and own one a piece of land for rice fields such as tractors, mini-trucks for loading and offloading seeding rice to the swamp, some planting tools etc..........enough of all dis manual and tedious way of planting this crops, mechanised farming made asians such as japan, china, thailand to have best refined and productive rice industries

This machine can be built by Innoson sef
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by ucnwafor(m): 9:48am On Feb 24, 2016
amtaken:
Ebonyi state has been producing rice, even before most of us were born so no one should come here and give the glory to a wicked tyrant's harsh/wack economic policies.

All glory to God like the good Governor acknowledged.

More kudos dear Governor.
nne u made a good point, u look nice mehn!!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Feb 24, 2016
signz:

You can use bulldozers to clear the land of unwanted trees. I suspect Umahi wants to create more farmlands.

Fave Umahi is doing very well

Hmmm it sounds reasonable a bit because you'd only use the bulldozer once per parcel of land while any of the other agricultural machines will continuously be useful.
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by ucnwafor(m): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2016
signz:

This machine can be built by Innoson sef
yes of course, thank God for the oil nose-dive cos our leaders are never ready to work in the farm
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by 100Cents: 10:03am On Feb 24, 2016
amtaken:
Ebonyi state has been producing rice, even before most of us were born so no one should come here and give the glory to a wicked tyrant's harsh/wack economic policies.

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 24, 2016
Good development, lets start eating Nigerian rice, its better than the packaged rat poisons we ve been eating from obodo oyibo. angry
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by amtaken(f): 10:36am On Feb 24, 2016
Thank you.

ucnwafor:
nne u made a good point, u look nice mehn!!
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by signz: 10:59am On Feb 24, 2016
LordReed:

Hmmm it sounds reasonable a bit because you'd only use the bulldozer once per parcel of land while any of the other agricultural machines will continuously be useful.

Yep.

Under Sulla Chime in Enugu state, there were lands the state govt wanted to give out to interested farmers. I applied for it and we were taken to the place. On getting there we found out that the place was a mini forest and we asked the then commissioner for agric to help us remove the trees, he declined and brought contractor who charged us over 80 million naira to remove the trees with bulldozer. We couldn't afford it ofcourse cheesy.

So with Dave Umahi buying bulldozers, farmers may not be asked to hire the machine at high prices because the state govt most likely will clear the land for the free of charge. This is highly commendable

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by signz: 11:05am On Feb 24, 2016
amtaken:
Thank you.

Nne ibu a fine baby. I wasu temuted to contakuti you but your sigunature drovu me away ( igbo accent).

Nice pic wink
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by signz: 11:08am On Feb 24, 2016
ucnwafor:
yes of course, thank God for the oil nose-dive cos our leaders are never ready to work in the farm

Oil should maintain its low prices till it forces our leaders to restructure Nigeria.
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by MARKone(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2016
amtaken:

Very True @ bolded. But that Nigerian Factor has always held that sector down, due to the failure of past governments who foolishly depended on crumbs from the FG and refused to think outside the box. As small as Thailand is, they generate a very huge revenue from exporting rice to Nigeria and other country. Ebonyi's local rice is sweet, taste better than all these imported rice, yet! Regime after regime failed to tap into this huge means of revenue generation, it is quite sad. I hope it gets better, from the governors gesture.
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by kernel501: 11:39am On Feb 24, 2016
newheartub:
Am happy for Ebonyi. But why governor pic. than that of bulldozers

THEY'VE NOT FINISHED PAYING FOR THEM.
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by amtaken(f): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Yes, I agree with you, the Governor has done very well but the credit must NEVER go to Bubu.
MARKone:

Very True @ bolded. But that Nigerian Factor has always held that sector down, due to the failure of past governments who foolishly depended on crumbs from the FG and refused to think outside the box. As small as Thailand is, they generate a very huge revenue from exporting rice to Nigeria and other country. Ebonyi's local rice is sweet, taste better than all these imported rice, yet! Regime after regime failed to tap into this huge means of revenue generation, it is quite sad. I hope it gets better, from the governors gesture.
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by amtaken(f): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
So that's how Igbos speak? Even my grandpa doesn't speak that way. Mxm.

signz:

Nne ibu a fine baby. I wasu temuted to contakuti you but your sigunature drovu me away ( igbo accent).

Nice pic wink
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by LordReed(m): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
signz:

Yep.

Under Sulla Chime in Enugu state, there were lands the state govt wanted to give out to interested farmers. I applied for it and we were taken to the place. On getting there we found out that the place was a mini forest and we asked the then commissioner for agric to help us remove the trees, he declined and brought contractor who charged us over 80 million naira to remove the trees with bulldozer. We couldn't afford it ofcourse cheesy.

So with Dave Umahi buying bulldozers, farmers may not be asked to hire the machine at high prices because the state govt most likely will clear the land for the free of charge. This is highly commendable

Ahh, putting things in perspective makes the situation clearer. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by biafranking: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
chesterlee:
We are on the move....Nothing can stop us!!!

God Bless the Igbo race!
lol. There is a guy called realjoker, he s asking what we offer to the fg..I bet you, he wont like this great news. grin
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by biafranking: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mboi:
All these while the country has been trying to improve in agriculture, only southeast States have been on the news. Does it mean that states in southwest don't have agricultural products to focus on?
i thought they produced cocoa in sw?
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by signz: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
amtaken:
So that's how Igbos speak? Even my grandpa doesn't speak that way. Mxm.

Oops thought you are igbo.

So which part of naija you from?
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
Onyiibazz:
Kudos to Engr. Dave. We ebonyians are proud of you and Buhari
onyibazz!! i remember this name. Did u stay in chukwu street?
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by leoloi: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
omusiliyu:
How will this make $1 = #150.
fool forever
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by amtaken(f): 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
Igbo.
signz:

Oops thought you are igbo.

So which part of naija you from?
Re: Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With by MrGerald(m): 5:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
LordReed:
To make the roads accessible for the farmers, you can't read but rushed to comment or you're just being tribalism?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catfish Fingerling And Juvenile Production / 15 Weeks Point Of Lay Birds Are For Sale / Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.