Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? (24157 Views)

'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by NovusHomo(m): 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:
All my life as a Nigerian I have never seen or heard about any female that attained the rank of a general, be it major general or lieutenant general.

I'm aware that there are many women in the force but have never heard about any female general. Is there a Nigerian law against women reaching that rank or is the usual glass ceiling in play? Does anyone know any female general or even colonel?

What about all your life as a Venezuelan. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by NovusHomo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sagamite:

Moronic fuuktard, which failed education system produced you?

A simple and quick input of "Female Nigerian General" on Google gave me: Major-General Ronke Kale.

You are so poorly educated, you can not conduct basic research before you vomit your moronic "fact" with so much certainty?

And you will wonder why you fail and are set to continue failing in life?

From this simple and quick search input, I also discovered:

The navy also has its own: Rear Admiral Itinu Hotonu

It was only in 2015 that the UK had its own first female Major General, Susan Ridge. This is 2 years after Nigeria.

Moronic products of a failed education system are too daft to conduct research before speaking.

The new generation of Nigerian youths are all these and worse. Yet, they ask to be made Ministers.
embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by merteenez(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Simple explanation : for you to attain the rank of a general in the military, u must go tru regular NDA training. So in the years past, women were only admitted into the short service program. That is, for you to be a general u have to go tru regular NDA program as in u have to spend 5 yrs at
NDA not 9 months(short service /DSS). But as some1 posted earlier, the first female major general retired some 4 or 5 yrs back she was in the medical Corps. No worries soon we will have female generals cos females now attend regular NDA courses.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by yomi007k(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
is there anything like lieutenant general in Nigeria. What I know is: stating from Major, lieutenant colonel,colonel,brigadier general,Major general,general, field marshall(which we do not have in Nigeria).

Yes there is.

Minimah n Buratai are.

U can google "lieutenant generals in Nigeria"
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by jornie(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
F

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Sayelabola(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:
All my life as a Nigerian I have never seen or heard about any female that attained the rank of a general, be it major general or lieutenant general.

I'm aware that there are many women in the force but have never heard about any female general. Is there a Nigerian law against women reaching that rank or is the usual glass ceiling in play? Does anyone know any female general or even colonel?

My guy,

There are indeed some female Generals in the Nigerian Army still serving.

The attached is a photo of a serving female Brigadier General with her husband.

Most of our female Generals belongs to corps like, and especially, Medical.

As for the Lieutenant Colonel or Colonels, we have many of them all over our various barracks in the country.

And with this photo, you should believe now.

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2015/12/this-is-first-nigerian-army-couple.html?m=1
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by eledalo: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
koastar:
There are female generals in the Army. Major General AO Amusu is the second woman in the history of the Nigerian Army to attain the rank of a Major General (two star General). She is a medical doctor and currently the Commandant of 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital Kaduna.
The first woman to attain the rank of a Major General in the Nigerian Army is Major General Aderonke Kale.
Pic 1, 2, 3: Major General AO Amusu
Pic 4: Brigadier General Cecilia Akagu (another female General in the Army. Behind her is her husband also a General)

Major General Amusu is most senior female General and Commander of Medical Corps.
There are a few female Generals and Colonels, they are not going around shouting it. Everybody no be mama peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
yomi007k:

I have forgotten but she's a yoruba woman n I'm sure she'll retire as a lieutenant general becos she looks quite young.
she can't attain that rank of lieutenant general even if she has 20yrs more cuz d rank is meant for only Chief of Army Staff.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by mpowa(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
I don't think we have enough females in the Army, I rarely see a female soldier, only female police and other smaller forces... therefore if they're very few, the probability of getting to general status is far lower.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Sunnycliff(m): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
is there anything like lieutenant general in Nigeria. What I know is: stating from Major, lieutenant colonel,colonel,brigadier general,Major general,general, field marshall(which we do not have in Nigeria).

What is the rank of the current chief of army staff buratai?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by NovusHomo(m): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Siberia101:

I've seen them especially under the medical corps

...in the...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by ChristineC: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
All these generals yu pipu ar shearing should reach my sista o undecided
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by NovusHomo(m): 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
bedspread:
Because there are no. FEMALE PRESIDENTS IN NIGERIA!
There are anyways.

What we are yet to get is a Female Chief for neither of the NN, NA, NAF

But there were three female co-Presidents who actually ruled Nigeria. They are:

1. Mama PISSpot
2. Madame NOI
3. Madame DIEZel.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Fash20: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
engrlarex:

this is the order, captain, major, Lt. Col, Col., Brigadier general, Major General, Lt. General, General and field marshal.
BlackMerchant:

There is actually a Lieutenant General in the NA. For instance, the present COAS is Lt Gen Burutai.
thanks. I get it
yomi007k:

Yes there is.
Minimah n Buratai are.
U can google "lieutenant generals in Nigeria"
BlackMerchant:

There is actually a Lieutenant General in the NA. For instance, the present COAS is Lt Gen Burutai.
thanks. I get it
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by bigtt76(f): 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Two fighting .....palava Two shege grin

manitobor:

Go fvck yourself, you cretinous, retardedd, imbecilic dingbat! You, your senile father, your retired whoree of a mother and your entire household are fucktards and inept simpletons who never saw the four walls of a classroom. Keep relying on Google you bumbling bastarrd.
Which female general do you know? Asswipe!

Vs

Sagamite:

A simple and quick input of "Female Nigerian General" on Google gave me: Major-General Ronke Kale.

You are so poorly educated, you can not conduct basic research before you vomit your moronic "fact" with so much certainty?

It was only in 2015 that the UK had its own first female Major General, Susan Ridge. This is 2 years after Nigeria.

Moronic products of a failed education system are too daft to conduct research before speaking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Ambygold999(m): 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sagamite:

What if you are the educated one to answer OP's question? Educated minds don't talk people down. You need to balance your highly enlightened mind and mild attitude.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by xavier3(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
@OP There are female Generals.....recently saw 3 in a furniture store (Alibert) on the Island
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Philinho(m): 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sagamite:

Pls borrow a Brain if possible for your excessive insult on your fellow being as if u were God.......gush

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by gcof(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
ifeanyija:
must u insult some1 cos u conducted a research?
i tire o
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by kolas88(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
There are brigadier generals among the women in Nigeria Army.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by gcof(m): 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
NovusHomo:

The new generation of Nigerian youths are all these and worse. Yet, they ask to be made Ministers.
embarassed
and feel they are more matured than anyone else
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by gcof(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
Nigerian Army Ranks
The Army ranking has a field marshal at the top followed by
a general. The complete ranking order of the Nigerian Army
is listed below.
1. Field Marshal
2. General
3. Lieutenant General
4. Major General
5. Brigadier General
6. Colonel
7. Lieutenant Colonel
8. Major Captain
9. Lieutenant
10. Second Lieutenant
Nigerian Army Ranks for non-commissioned officers
There are 8 ranks in the Nigerian Army for non-
commissioned officers. They are listed below
1. Warrant Officer Class I
2. Warrant Officer Class II
3. Staff Sergeant
4. Sergeant
5. Corporal
6. Lance-corporal
7. Private
8. Recruit

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by freeman67: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:

yes there is. That's a three Star general.The present Nigeria Chief of Army Staff is a Lieutenant General.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by 1kinggy(m): 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
See vexing. I'm sure you were really disappointed at the assertion.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by profsomebody(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
Bro, there are lieutenant generals. A lieutenant general is a 3star general. The COAS is one of them.
And as for d hierarchy, it is 2nd lieutenant ==> lieutenant ==> Captain==> Major==> lt colonel ==> colonel==> Brig general (1star general) ==> Major General (2star)==> lt General (3star) etc.
5 star general is d highest but unattainable

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by zayyadoski(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Because the army didn't had provision for female cadets in the regular courses except for DSS (short service).... Bt now there are regular female cadets in the NDA and it was introduced by former President Goodluck Johnathan in 2010. the first set will be graduating (POP)by september this year I.e after five years of training. So hopefully we will be having more female generals in the future.

NB. It is rare to find a DSS officer (short service), irrespective of gender to attain the rank of General before retirement
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by gemale(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
nt true. u no c d story abt dt couple wey b both brigadier generals 4 9ja army?
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by juman(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
And so?

Anyway, what is the contribution of the male generals except destroying the country.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by pulsa(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
Lieutenant General comes after major general before General

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Elosky20: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
profsomebody:

Bro, there are lieutenant generals. A lieutenant general is a 3star general. The COAS is one of them.
And as for d hierarchy, it is 2nd lieutenant ==> lieutenant ==> Captain==> Major==> lt colonel ==> colonel==> Brig general (1star general) ==> Major General (2star)==> lt General (3star) etc.
5 star general is d highest but unattainable
bt the current president of Egypt is a retired field marshal. check it out.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:

Have you not heard about the couple,who are Brigadier Generals in the Nigeria Army. Google is your friend. Search
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by lordyugo: 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
engrlarex:

this is the order, captain, major, Lt. Col, Col., Brigadier general, Major General, Lt. General, General and field marshal.

nope u failed d order
2nd lieutenant
lieutenant
captain
major
lt colonel
colonel
brig general
lt general
major General ( they are all generals )
Field marshal is hardly or nvr given

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transcorp Hilton Staff Loses Job For Supporting Buhari / AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / Back To Nigeria After Medical School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.