Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

How Not To Follow Your Dreams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Not To Follow Your Dreams (556 Views)

How To Make Your Dreams Come True / Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / Follow Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Follow Your Dreams by oluwasola007(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
When we think about the dreams we have and the dent we want to leave in the universe, it is striking to see how big of an overlap there is between the dreams we have and the projects that never happened. So I am here to share with you today about five ways how not to follow your dreams.

1. Believe in overnight success: You know the story right, the tech guy built a mobile app and sold it very fast for a lot of money. The story may seem real but I bet it is incomplete. If you go investigate further, the guy has done 30 apps before and he has done a master’s on the topic also, he had been working on the topic for like 20years (quite interesting). Your overnight success story is always a result of everything you have done in your life through that moment.

2. Believe someone else has the answers for you: Constantly people want to help out, all sorts of people (your family, friends, and business partner). They all have opinions on which path you should take but you need to make those decisions yourself, no one has the perfect answers for your life and you need to keep picking those decisions.

3. Decide to settle when growth is guaranteed: So your life is going great, you have put together great team, you have growing revenue and everything is set. (Time to settle). When you are growing towards a peak, you need to work harder than ever and find yourself another peak. So there is no time to settle down.

4. Believe the fault is someone else’s: I constantly see people saying ; “Yes I had this great idea, but no inventor had the vision to invest” or “I created this great product, but the market is so bad and sales didn’t go well”. If you have dreams, it is your responsibility to make them happen. So if you didn’t make them happen, it’s your fault and no one else’s. Be responsible for your dreams.

5. Believe that the only things that matters are the dreams themselves: Life is never about the goals themselves, it is about the journey. People think since you have dreams and whenever you get to reaching one of those dreams, it’s a magical place where happiness will be all around. But achieving a dream is a momentary sensation and your life is not. The only way to really achieve all your dreams is to fully enjoy every steps of your journey.

Believe me, if you do all this, you will destroy your dreams.

Adegbesan Oluwasola
Re: How Not To Follow Your Dreams by Emasky4real(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
oluwasola007:
When we think about the dreams we have and the dent we want to leave in the universe, it is striking to see how big of an overlap there is between the dreams we have and the projects that never happened. So I am here to share with you today about five ways how not to follow your dreams.

1. Believe in overnight success: You know the story right, the tech guy built a mobile app and sold it very fast for a lot of money. The story may seem real but I bet it is incomplete. If you go investigate further, the guy has done 30 apps before and he has done a master’s on the topic also, he had been working on the topic for like 20years (quite interesting). Your overnight success story is always a result of everything you have done in your life through that moment.

2. Believe someone else has the answers for you: Constantly people want to help out, all sorts of people (your family, friends, and business partner). They all have opinions on which path you should take but you need to make those decisions yourself, no one has the perfect answers for your life and you need to keep picking those decisions.

3. Decide to settle when growth is guaranteed: So your life is going great, you have put together great team, you have growing revenue and everything is set. (Time to settle). When you are growing towards a peak, you need to work harder than ever and find yourself another peak. So there is no time to settle down.

4. Believe the fault is someone else’s: I constantly see people saying ; “Yes I had this great idea, but no inventor had the vision to invest” or “I created this great product, but the market is so bad and sales didn’t go well”. If you have dreams, it is your responsibility to make them happen. So if you didn’t make them happen, it’s your fault and no one else’s. Be responsible for your dreams.

5. Believe that the only things that matters are the dreams themselves: Life is never about the goals themselves, it is about the journey. People think since you have dreams and whenever you get to reaching one of those dreams, it’s a magical place where happiness will be all around. But achieving a dream is a momentary sensation and your life is not. The only way to really achieve all your dreams is to fully enjoy every steps of your journey.

Believe me, if you do all this, you will destroy your dreams.

Adegbesan Oluwasola
Inspiring post.

(1) (Reply)

Sahara Extrapreneur Program 2016 For Grooming Film Extrapreneurs / Can Someone Who Study LAW Be Jobless In Nigeria ? / Virtual Personal Assistant At Your Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.