Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador (27941 Views)

"We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Alake Is A Junior King In Yorubaland – Awujale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by tpiah2: 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
HugoChavezJr:
I've always connected Cubans with Yorubas.

They have ancestry from all over, including Calabar side- Efiks, and so on.
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by tpiah2: 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Funjosh(m): 5:23am On Feb 25, 2016
Nice one smiley cool
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by IamAtribalist: 5:41am On Feb 25, 2016
cool Amala eaters are at it again. Anyway hate them or love them they are successful people.

6 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by YourNemesis: 6:11am On Feb 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by YourNemesis: 6:13am On Feb 25, 2016
tpiah2:

They have ancestry from all over, including Calabar side- Efiks, and so on.

Their Yoruba cultural links have supplanted the rest.
Same in other parts of the Americas.

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by tpiar: 6:53am On Feb 25, 2016
TheirNemesis:

Their Yoruba cultural links have supplanted the rest.
Same in other parts of the Americas.

You wish, you mean.

Their cultural links with all of their origins remain intact.
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by PenSniper: 7:29am On Feb 25, 2016
cybertyrant:
i hope this makes waste side happy,and nt jealous when,we speak of ours,and yes,jamaica are at least 80% descendents of igbos

No wonder most carribeans of Jamaican descent form the bulk of criminals and ruffians in England.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2016
Tribal E-war loading. That's if it not already started before I comment grin
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2016
Who be Cuban? undecided

Ooo someone from Cuba. Cool
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by HirstMOG(m): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari do the needful, go and bring our sons and daughters GEJ corruptly sent to Cuba. Lie Muhammed what are you waiting for, straight to the media.

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by makahlj2: 8:34am On Feb 25, 2016
sambisamana:

“‎Ooni is the Spiritual father of most of us Cubans all over the world because 90 percent of Cubans are black Africans and a very large portion of us originated from Yorubaland which is spiritually headed by Ooni of Ife,” said Mr. Sosa.

A bold claim about a country that is 64 percent white according to its latest census. I have nothing personally against Cubans, but I've always had trouble imagining Fidel Castro as an Yoruba man smiley
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by amunkita(m): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2016
The same way most Biafrans originated from Israelite.
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by amunkita(m): 8:39am On Feb 25, 2016
hashahahahahahahahahahahahahah...
so Fidel Castro of Cuba nah yoruba

fallz from a yam tree..

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by bakynes(m): 8:39am On Feb 25, 2016
PenSniper:

No wonder most carribeans of Jamaican descent form the bulk of criminals and ruffians in England.
Don't even mind the iPob goat, when I was in England I had many Jamaican friends they always linked their ancestry to Ashante (present day Ghana) that's y a typical Jamaican is as dark skinned as a Ghanaian. This is not about tribal supremacy battle but the igbo race has no record of been great beyond the shores of Nigeria, they are relatively a very small tribe. Yoruba race extends to Benin,Togo, Cuba and even Brazil.

14 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Many not most
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by GodMode: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2016
K
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by babyfaceafrica: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by sotall(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2016
[size=20pt]I find it strange that people are celebrating the fact that their people were conquered and carried off as slaves.[/size]
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Skywalker5(m): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2016
elkonS:

bruh ....I'm from dat "waste side"....i was stating d obvious ...there is no need for tribal bigotry in ds na...
haba..... u see y d black man is where he is today....
for or info no tribe is superior to d other.. and it shows ur inferiority complex to keep comparing....thanks

Nice talk jare. The black man will always want to show superiority over his own fellow black. its just inferiority complex. Its just too much now in Nigeria.
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by menacetosociety: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2016
cybertyrant:
a definitely a typical one,dnt mind the insult,it just here on nairaland your people attack us like hell but i like cool guys like you,unlike ur majority quoting me above
To hell with u IPOB donkey!

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by iwadobo: 8:51am On Feb 25, 2016
It is true. Most Cubans are yoruba. I leant the Oba of Benin usually raid most yoruba land, take as many as possible people hostage and sell them to the Europeans. When slave trade was eventually abrogated, most of the people recently taken hostage and sold ,were all gathered in Cuba. Most freed slaves ,moSt of which are of yoruba descent, were also sent to Cuba. It is a sad story of oppression by a very powerful oba over a people without any powerful king.

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by porrigeyam(m): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2016
cybertyrant:
****cubans no dey smile,bravery is something i love about them,u might want to read usa/cuba war,nt cowards(majority of ur people)
mynd44

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by XBLadez: 8:53am On Feb 25, 2016
It's their business.

I originate from the East...
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by hotwax: 8:53am On Feb 25, 2016
Tunami:
to some of my yoruba brothers who always argue that the alaafin is the most respected traditional ruler in yorubaland have you guys learn from this statement from the cuban ambassador?

I am native of Ile-Ife. Obawinrin to be specific. But I will tell you. Ile-Ife is just a spiritual center just like Jerusalem or Rome. But Oyo alafin is the empire, administrative call it White house and Pentagon of Yorubas.

So Oyo>Ile-Ife.

However, pope is respected all over the world as a symbolism of christianity. Just like Ooni is seen as the holder of the key to the throne of the gods.

Oyo and Ife are two different entities serving different purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by menacetosociety: 8:55am On Feb 25, 2016
Mrchippychappy:
[size=20pt]I find it strange that people are celebrating the fact that their people were conquered and carried off as slaves.[/size]
who in here is celebrating?nonsense
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by hotwax: 8:55am On Feb 25, 2016
iwadobo:
It is true. Most Cubans are yoruba. I leant the Oba of Benin usually raid most yoruba land, take as many as possible people hostage and sell them to the Europeans. When slave trade was eventually abrogated, most of the people recently taken hostage and sold ,were all gathered in Cuba. Most freed slaves ,moSt of which are of yoruba descent, were also sent to Cuba. It is a sad story of oppression by a very powerful oba over a people without any powerful king.

Ijebu people were actively into slave trade. Most cubans are relatives of Ijebu.

1 Like

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by truthspeaks: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2016
Political talk. Next news pls
sambisamana:
The Cuban Ambassador to Nigeria, Carlos Sosa, has said that the Ooni of Ife is the spiritual father of most Cubans all over the world.

Mr. Sosa spoke Tuesday while hosting Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, at the embassy of the Republic of Cuba in Abuja.

“‎Ooni is the Spiritual father of most of us Cubans all over the world because 90 percent of Cubans are black Africans and a very large portion of us originated from Yorubaland which is spiritually headed by Ooni of Ife,” said Mr. Sosa.

Mr. Sosa said the Cubans originated from Ile-Ife, a town they call their ancestral home and which they cannot wish away.

The High Commissioner spoke of the tourism potentials of Nigeria, particularly in Ile Ife, describing the ancient town as home to numerous tourist attractions, which he said if developed to international standards, would help Nigeria economically.

‎The coordinator of the event and Chief Executive Officer of La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Lagos, Wale Akinboboye, called on Nigerian investors to join hands with the federal government in developing tourism potentials as a way of attracting more foreigners to the country.

Sally Mbanefo,‎ the Director General of the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation, said the Nigerian government would give credence to tourism business in the country, adding that tourism was Nigeria’s untapped goldmine.

“The first thing is to diversify the economy, then the Public Private Participation be encouraged; we need to fight for domestic tourism, we have the population as our greatest strength,” Mrs. Mbanefo said.

“If 20 million out of 170 million Nigerians travel to explore tourism activities, will that not translate to huge revenue generation because you can’t stop Nigerians from traveling.”

“What about private organization such as telecomm companies, they make so much money but are they giving back to the society? Government cannot do it alone, they need to come in.

“Though some of these states are ready like Lagos, Ogun, Nassarawa, Abia, even Kaduna state are all ready to go. Collaboration is all we need; collaboration with other government agencies success.”

: http://www.sambisanews.com/most-cubans-originated-from-yorubaland-ambassador#sthash.U6HyBc3G.dpuf
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Holyman3(m): 8:58am On Feb 25, 2016
No wonder their country is useless
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by lurlah2014(f): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2016
WHAT IS CUBANS PLS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun To End Idolatry In Installation, Burial Of Traditional Rulers / White Students Of Yoruba Language University, U.S Singing Yoruba Hymn!(video) / Igbo Stereotypes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.