Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

How To Manage Office Tension - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Manage Office Tension (519 Views)

Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? / 4 Workplace Politics You Should Know About & How To Manage Them / Tension In Michael Okpara Varsity As Prof Otunta Set To Sack More Than 400 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Manage Office Tension by aprokomania(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Her voice was remarkably louder than it had been a moment ago. She was screaming directly in my face at the top of her lungs and I could not help but stop and stare, frozen in place as she continued to pour verbal assaults upon my person. Her scathing touched on everything from my qualification, my work experience and even my personal life.
This was the sad situation I was confronted with at work barely two weeks ago.
She was my colleague in the same unit I operated, and what had started as a harmless correction of a mistake she had made won me the most horrible insults I had received in a while.
I however decided to be the better man in the midst of all this and I silently walked away, and gradually her ranting ended. That was not the end of it however as she gave me a cold shoulder throughout the rest of the work day, and who suffers at the end of the day? You guessed right, my patients who would have benefited more had we cooperated on our job.
Many of us have at one time or the other been faced with a colleague from hell, or on the other extreme, one who bottles up emotions of hurt and anger, waiting for the right time to unleash them in a cruel revenge.
So long the people you work with are humans, it is expected that among them, you will have people of varying characters, ranging from the melancholy, the extrovert, and the indifferent personalities.
Ability to observe and manage people depending on their temperament is an important key in succeeding in your work environment.
First, it pays to understand the temperament of people you work with, especially those whom you work closely with, and so share a bit of personal space. In my case, I had not estimated that my coworker was not the kind of person who took real or perceived insults lightly, and that was why she had reacted that way. People have their peculiar characters and you will do yourself a world of good if you understand individual personality differences.
In addition,
read more
www.hoomadeit.com/2016/02/how-to-handle-office-tension.html?m=1
Re: How To Manage Office Tension by alorax2(f): 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
On point
Re: How To Manage Office Tension by aprokomania(m): 11:19am On Feb 25, 2016
alorax2:
On point
thank you alorax
Re: How To Manage Office Tension by alorax2(f): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
aprokomania:

thank you alorax

Welcome sir

(1) (Reply)

Uber Partners/drivers In Lagos: How Is It Going? / Be Our Representative In Your Respective State / Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Training In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.