Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Cures For A Shopaholic? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cures For A Shopaholic? (4164 Views)

Divas, Here Comes Shopaholic!!! (pictures included) / Seeking Soap That Fades/cures Scars, Blemishes And Stretch Marks / Confessions Of This Shopaholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cures For A Shopaholic? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 18, 2009
I went to the mall today, hoping not to overspend, but I did embarassed

mohawkchic:

~Lol,You're far off from a cure just yet FLG!

I know I know embarassed embarassed

busygirl:

There is hardly anyday i go out without getting something, And it has already become a part of me. The worst thing is dat i don't even get to use half of wateva i buy. I really wanna stop this habit coz i'm not concentrating on building my savings account. I must agree with mohawk that shopping does make you feel alot better. I rily wanna learn to save money, hence i must stop cry cry cry
Actually, shopping makes me feel better.
But better from what? I have nothing to feel upset about embarassed
Re: Cures For A Shopaholic? by toytuns(f): 3:19am On Jul 18, 2009
FL Gators:

I went to the mall today, hoping not to overspend, but I did embarassed
I know I know embarassed embarassed
Actually, shopping makes me feel better.
But better from what? I have nothing to feel upset about embarassed

--- Recession angry lipsrsealed embarassed wink
Re: Cures For A Shopaholic? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2009
toytuns:

--- Recession angry lipsrsealed embarassed wink

I know I know. embarassed
Re: Cures For A Shopaholic? by zenatta: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2010
I hear or read somewhere that an addiction's never cured but managed. Wish someone had told me this earlier. I really really believed I had gone past my spendaholicism ( I hope thats a word)., I believed I was cured and was ready to take my world by storm. I promised my daughter all will be well and went ahead to make liquid my estates. This was in 07. I failed. Terribly

In 08 I sold more of my estates and repeated same mistake, Now I am quite in the dog house, in a way poor except for monies I loaned my friends who are paying back, I failed and could not look my daughter in the face.

I prayed and prayed and prayed not to be in the dog house but I have been there for more than a year now. I am not taking chances anymore. I own up to be unreliable about money. I tell everyone who cares to hear. My experience had been most unpleasant to say the least.

Shopping to make yourself happy is a symptom of a greater need and needs to be addressed asap. Do not let it linger. I had marital problems that sapped me of my confidence so I guess I made it my duty to buy pretty things that were very very expensive. Having expensive tastes did not help my matter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tricks Behind Drawing A Sleek And Perfect Eyeline / Yvonne Nelson On The Cover Of Complete Fashion Magazine / Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.