Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,947 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:36 PM

Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach (703 Views)

Bobby Madley Quits As Premier League Referee / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by donfiazo(m): 2:56am On Feb 26, 2016
Former Super Eagles captain Sunday Oliseh has resigned as coach of the Super Eagles with immediate effect.

In a letter sent to the Nigeria Football Federation on Thursday, Oliseh tendered his resignation and thanked the NFF for the opportunity to serve the country in the capacity he did.

Oliseh, who took over the Super Eagles job in July 2015, has had a topsy-turvy relationship with the NFF and also had a run-in with a few players.

His tenure as coach was characterized by incessant tiffs with the football ruling house that culminated in an eight minute rant on social media chiding agents, journalists and his assistants whom he claimed where working against him after Nigeria’s ouster at the 2016 CHAN tournament in Rwanda.

Supersport.com scooped that Oliseh sent in his resignation after collecting the back-log of his salaries which were owed him by the NFF.

Dr Mohammed Sanusi, General Secretary of the NFF, confirmed to supersport.com that the former Ajax Amsterdam midfielder has indeed resigned from his post as the coach of the Super Eagles.

“Yes, we have received a letter from him and I can tell you he has resigned as coach of the national team (Super Eagles),”he said.

“I can tell you the content of the letter yet because we haven’t met to deliberate on it. We are in Zurich for the Fifa congress as soon as we are through with the meeting, you will be in the know,”Sanusi added.

Supersport.com will keep you posted as the story develops.

Sourcehttp://ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/160226/Oliseh_quits_as_Eagles_coach

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:02am On Feb 26, 2016
Are u joking or what? Am i about to watch movie
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by mictima(m): 3:09am On Feb 26, 2016
His first match after assuming the post of the head coach revealed that, he is not the right man for the job

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by demarc001: 3:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Long expected, op edit your source

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by Remsilla(m): 3:12am On Feb 26, 2016
why did it take him so long to do that?

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by wilcox(m): 3:41am On Feb 26, 2016
Do we still have a senior national team? It's been long I took anything about them serious because of their show of shame in almost all their appearance in the field of play.
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by Kingsasian(m): 3:48am On Feb 26, 2016
Let him go treat himself well jor. Handling issues pertaining to this Nigeria is suicidal.
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:54am On Feb 26, 2016
AfricanFootball.com confirms this news also.
.........................................................................................

My take:

It's true the NFF didn't give him the required support but Oliseh knew the conditions he was coming to face afterall, Keshi and others before him faced worse.

I think Oliseh's retirement at this particular time is
cowardice. He's just afraid of failure and the truth is I don't see the Egyptians beating us even with Oliseh in charge because our players are currently on fire and are quite motivated to make a statement for
themselves. All he needed to do was what Siasia did in Senegal with our U-23 last december. Siasia faced worse. He just needed to stay focused against the odds

So Sir Oliseh... Why have you decided to run??
Scared of failure? Not man enough to handle all
that most of your predecessors faced?
Maybe he wants to preserve his record of 1 loss in
official and friendly matches so that history will
remember him as a coach who quit despite having
moderately good record based on results alone in his first 14 matches or so.

In my own opinion, Oliseh should not have led
Nigeria at the Chan tournament because he was still
ill. He wasn't fully recovered and didn't know the best players based on what Salisu Yusuf (his assistant) monitored while the home-based team camped in Nigeria.

Yes, reports say he was in communication with the
team but fact is he was not on ground to see the
players train and perform. That's partly why Oliseh
didn't even know his first choice center-back pairing
at the CHAN. He kept switching players in a position
that required stability and understanding between
two defensive partners.
He also missed it when he picked Ibenegbu ahead of
Usman for the first two matches of the tournament in the AMF position.

He also missed it in picking Aggreh ahead of Ezekiel
Bassey. All these positional/tactical mistakes which
Yusuf would have curtailed because he was
"basically" in charge of the team in Nigeria while
Oliseh was receiving treatment in Belgium. (Losciuto
was there but Salisu knew the players better and
should have been consulted by Oliseh...... But No
way!!! Oliseh came in and rocked the boat).

As for the NFF, I thought they said he's the messiah
so why suddenly turn their back on him?
Oliseh shot himself in the legs shaa.... This current
chaos was always bound to happen from the
moment Oliseh showed us he lacks man-
management skills. I always knew it was a matter
of time before he clashes with the same NFF who
termed him the African Pep Guardiola.

Time for Nigeria to move on... Nigeria's Super Eagles is FAR BIGGER than just one man, in this case, Oliseh.

I don't want a coward-like personality handling our
senior national team. A man who can't face the heat
should stay out.

Wish the NFF guys could also quit and leave our
football alone.
We need real soccer technocrats. I'm
so sick of their "entropy-inspired disorganised (dis)
organisation"

Long live The Super Eagles....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by MAYOWAAK: 4:16am On Feb 26, 2016
OLISEH'S RESIGNATION LETTER

Dear General Secretary of NFF,

Object: Letter of Resignation.

Due to incessant Violations of our signed agreement (Contract) I am hereby informing you of my decision to terminate our working collaboration signed in July 2015

The most important objective is for the Super Eagles Of Nigeria to qualify to the next AFCON and the World Cup 2018.

Since so little help is being rendered me in getting the players to give their best and very vital conditions and advantages to the team play are also being sacrificed coupled with non redress of the aforementioned despite my several e mails and others, seeking your aid to effectively carry out my duties were ignored.

These unconducive working conditions that my coaching crew and myself have to live with, your contractual violations and the interest of the nation necessitates that I tender my resignation and recourse to the termination of our working agreement.

Many thanks for the opportunity to serve my fatherland.

Sunday Oliseh

Chief Coach Super Eagles of Nigeria
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by omanifrank(m): 4:28am On Feb 26, 2016
e try
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by DickDastardly(m): 4:49am On Feb 26, 2016
Good News for Buhari! Oya appoint abokki coach for us
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by bigtt76(f): 4:53am On Feb 26, 2016
Useless and insane one! grin should have been fired after that YouTube video naaaa, now he's rubbished those who thought they were protecting him. Next to go should be the NFF man and Central Bank Governor angry
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by Bishop4bella(m): 5:08am On Feb 26, 2016
Oliseh can resign if he likes. He has nothing positive to offer the National team super eagle.

Am just happy he was offered the job to see how tedious the work is rather than running his mouth on super sport any time he's invited to anaylise Nigeria game.

Let see African country who will appoint him.
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by ibullem(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
Cry baby Oliseh
Re: Oliseh Quits As Super Eagles Coach by dominique(f): 7:19am On Feb 26, 2016

(1)

Nigerian stabbed to death in Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo Row - BBC / Breaking News: English Player, Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison / Fixed Secured Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.