Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Truth About BBM Channels - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / The Truth About BBM Channels (1661 Views)

FTS TV Channels For Fts Android Game / What's The Most Awkward Thing You've Been Dare To Do In The Game Truth Or Dare? / Truth Or Dare Challenge.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About BBM Channels by source10able: 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
THE TRUTH ABOUT BBM CHANNELS
------------------------

There are big brands operating BBM Channels with no clue how to tailor it to match their brand or BUSINESS. I have seen nairaland forums, plenty of them, and none of them are forums but zombie Channels. BB Channels are virgin territory to us consumers and also to BlackBerry - just like the World Wide Web was in early 1995.

(to get an idea of a real Forum subscribe to this channel: C00247811). 

To begin to get a clearer understanding of BlackBerry Channels; always refer to them as small websites called Micro-sites. I refer to every BB Channel as a Micro-site. 

Channels are Micro-sites because of the 400 character post limit. Okay - twitter is a Micro blog because of its 120 character post limit. So referring to Channels as a micro-site makes sense - doesn't it?

Armed with this sort of mentality, I've been able to develop a Micro-Forum very similar to this website, an interactive online gaming Micro-site (BBM MONOPOLY C002FC270), internet marketing Micro-Forum(SILK ROAD), a forum for Journalists and sources (Help A Reporter Forum C00247811) and a few other ideas I have still under conceptualization - I will execute.

The truth you should know is this. Micro-sites operate exactly like websites. Websites operates on the World Wide Web (www) of computers. Micro-sites operates on the world wide Web of BlackBerries. BAM!!

The www is an Internet service developed by Sir Tim Berners-Lee that became operational at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) in 1989. 
Channels is an Internet service developed by BlackBerry that became a public beta in 2013. POW!!

The BBB (BlackBerry Board) is an Internet service exactly like the www. Note that the BBB is a concept I developed to aid your understanding of the comparison between a Micro-site and a website. 

You can do a search within the app for relevant Channels to subscribe to. But it's usually the same pattern of use you find all channels using. You post pictures and subscribers like or comment. Sometimes it gets boring to tears when you can only like and cannot comment. Eventually users get so bored and don't participate in the channel any longer. And the admin begins to ask what's wrong with his subscribers. Dude - your channel is the same as thousands of others. What unique value in usage or content are you offering?

I see a lot of channels with 50,000 or 200,000 subscribers with very few likes or comments on their posts. It's because activities on Channels are monotonous and dependent on the administration input. Inevitably users become bored and return to interesting waters - the world wide web. 

Subscribing to any of this Channels I've shared with you is going to throw darkness on a lot of zombie Channels out there.

Can you picture every website operating like a Channel. No real forums, no idea for online games, Facebook, or interactive forums? This is why I like to reason differently and choose what my micro-site should do. I could travel to Syria to war, leaving family and dear Micro-site subscribers behind knowing my family is safe and the subscriber growth of my Micro-site assured without my input.   This is how your channel should function - like a website. Independent of you.

This singular mentality coupled with a proper understanding of the logic behind the post and comment system of the BB Channel will help you replicate a website into a Micro-site.

------------
Remember our beloved Google Trader - the OLX competition? Do people still wonder why Google axed the Trader service from their servers? It's simply because the service was crawling with loads of SCAMMERS and FRAUDSTERS and Google couldn't figure out a way to curtail it. Hence the death by axing.

You no longer have to become apprehensive about online fraud or scam with BlackBerry Trader Classified Channel. Channel PIN: C0042115F. If you don't know what a BBM Channel is; keep on reading, or touch this link http://us.blackberry.com/bbm/bbm-channels.html . 

BlackBerry Trader is better because it's more secure and the action happens directly within the BBM app on iOS and Android - no Windows phone support at the moment. BlackBerry Trader gives instant notifications when someone replies your classified Ad placement by commenting on it. You can choose not to add a contact email, phone or pin in order to protect your identity from fraudsters. You chat anonymously with a buyer or seller right on the specific Ad placement. Note that no one sees your PIN and BBM profile pix in the channel section unless they're on your BBM contact list. Everyone sees the chat on the classifieds listing and it will serve as a product review in the future, to determine if the buyer or seller is legit or the product is tight. 

You can exchange PINs to conduct business within the BlackBerry secure network and not anywhere else where the so-called Yahoo boys can isolate you and SCAM you without leaving any traces. If you fall victim of a scam on BlackBerry Trader Network, inform the admin and they will ban the particular device from the service. You can also return to the product listing and put - SCAM - to alert potential victims. The scammer too will receive the notification on the BBM app where he will see your SCAM alert on his product listing. 

If a scammer decides to change the name of his BBM profile, all other posts made on the Trader Network will update to the new profile name accordingly. With this kind of secure service, trading should go on smoothly and securely and I 'm pretty sure the BlackBerry Classified service Channel will give OLX a run for their money as far as Nigeria and South Africa is concerned.

Internet marketers need to take advantage of this early opportunity and go subscribe to this Channel so that they can start placing Konga, Jumia, OLX classifieds ads before it gets casted. I mean crowded. Here's the PIN C0042115F.

It's in the BBM Channels section of your BBM app. 

It's cheaper to operate and market your business within BB Channels section. A monthly N200 WTF bundle is all you'll need to gain new customers from a virgin niche since the web is casted with loads of marketers already on it.

-----------------------

1 Like

Re: The Truth About BBM Channels by domopps(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Thanks Op!

But am aware of all these already!

Cheeeeers
Re: The Truth About BBM Channels by source10able: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
Yeah, that's awesome. Do you Admin any Channels. If you do, could you share your channel pin?

Re: The Truth About BBM Channels by source10able: 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Yeah, that's awesome. Do you Admin any Channels. If you do, could you share your channel pin so I can critique.

Re: The Truth About BBM Channels by source10able: 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
BBM MONOPOLY MICROSITE: C002FC270

Cartoon Network Microsite: C003456E9

LivePlan Microsite: C003D300F

Microsite BB Trader: C0042115F

Microsite Help A Reporter: C00247811

Microsite Interactive Ads: C003F051D

Microsite Silk Road: C004175BA

Microsite Trader UK: C001E5E4B

Microsite Board: C0025FF3E

MTV Microsite: C0028BDF7

Ninerr Fiverr Microsite: C001A1843

Premier League Microsite: C004EE35B

Sex and Lagos City Channel: C0027D3C9

(1) (Reply)

Truth Or Dare Game Questions / Say Something Positive / Peck A Dieing Ebola Patient For A Billion Naira???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.