Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 (802 Views)

Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / A / Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 by thunder74(m): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
WhatsApp the popular cross-platform messaging service, has decided to cut support for a number of those platforms. That includes all versions of BlackBerry OS, including BlackBerry 10, by the end of 2016.

WhatsApp will also end support for Nokia S40, Nokia Symbian S60, Android 2.1, Android 2.2 and Windows Phone 7.1 by the end of the year. From the WhatApp blog:

While these mobile devices have been an important part of our story, they don't offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future. This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp. If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp.
The company said it was making this decision so it could "focus our efforts on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use."

If you're using WhatsApp on BB10, what do you think of WhatsApp's decision?

Source: http://m.crackberry.com/whatsapp-end-support-all-blackberry-versions-end-2016?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
I hope some persons woudn't brag that whatsapp would still allow cross platform on all device when it's implemented
Re: Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
Na them sabi..till then...still rocking my BB curve 1.
Re: Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 by Joel3(m): 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
cutting support doesn't mean it won't work on the platform again. what it means there won't be anymore patches, updates and security.

hackers will beginning to have a field time with it.

blackberry and Nokia already abandon those platform. so what are they still doing with it.

I can't even believe whatapp still updating symbian and asha
Re: Whatsapp To End Support For All Blackberry Versions By End Of 2016 by Baroba(m): 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
I can't stand whatsapp since Facebook bought them, arrogant oafs, telegram is far better in my opinion, the just need to add voice calls...

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Mate 8 / Will You Buy Any Used Phone Or Tablet For 150k / 3D Virtual Reality Glasses Movie VR Headsets For 4.0 Inch - 6.0 Inch Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.