Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Computer Frequently Asked Problems - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Frequently Asked Problems (1203 Views)

What Is The Implication Of Frequently Formating Of A Laptop System / My New Pc Restarting Frequently By Itself / Network Cards Getting Bad Frequently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
I will be posting Computer Problem here and solutions, gurus in the house can contributes, as the computer FAP's are being posted you can ask question on your computer problems too to recieve answer

lets start:

when you start your computer You recieve error message:

"Windows\System32\config\system" file missing or corrupt."

SOLUTION:
Boot using Windows Setup CD and enter into "Recovery Console" by pressing "R". Now Log
into windows installation and enter admin password. Now give following commands at prompt:
copy %windir%\Repair\system %windir%\System32\Config
If it doesnt work, then again boot into "Recovery Console" and give following commands:

fixmbr
bootcfg /scan
bootcfg /rebuild
fixboot

to be continued,
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
When I start my computer, I get error message:

NTLDR is missing
or
Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR

SOLUTION:

Boot using Windows Setup CD and enter into "Recovery Console" by pressing "R". Now Log
into windows installation and enter admin password. Now give following commands at prompt:
copy x:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy x:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\
Where "x" is your CD drive, change it acc. to your system.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2009
FAP Continues,

Whenever I double-click on any drive/folder in My Computer, a Search window opens.
SOLUTION
Open regedit and goto following keys one by one:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
In right-side pane, delete the "Default" key. If it doesnt work then delete the key "find" under
both.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
I have been trying to post a tutorial on how to Make Your window vista superfast, but it has links on it, its not acceptable as I couldnt be allowed to post the tutorial here, If you need it, drop youe email here, or You send me a mail @ maxwelliweh@yahoo.com

Scammers pls stay away, I am not gullible
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
Whenever I open a folder, another folder with the same name is created under it.

SOLUTION:

Your system is infected by a variant of Indonesian virus called Brontok/Rontokbro. It
creates a sub-folder in a folder with same name. Most of the times it comes from mobile memory
cards. Scan with a good anti-virus and remove the virus. Also download HijackThis and scan your
system with it in Safe Mode, then fix following entries:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSVICHOSST.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe SSVICHOSST.exe
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Yahoo Messengger] C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSVICHOSST.exe
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
You can also post the log file contents here and I'll tell you which entries should be fixed
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2009
Suddenly Hibernate option is missing in my Windows Vista. How can I enable it
again?

SOLUTION:

You must have run "Disk Cleanup". Its a known issue in Vista. There is a solution to
re-enable Hibernate option:
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2009
You can reenable back your hibernate:

open start, All Programs, Accessories, Right Click on "Command Prompt" and chose "Run As Administrator"

You can then type into the command prompt

powercfg /hibernate:on or powercfg/hibernate on
then press enter. The first one (hibernate:on) is for XP, while the second one (hibernate on) is for vista

Similarly, to disable it, just change the on to off.

Next time you are doing disk cleanup you should uncheck the hibernate stuffs.

If it doesnt work, then you need to see me to get your money back! Have a nice day.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by chidibrown(m): 7:35am On Aug 02, 2009
Dhtml* I tried formating vista 2 xp but it keeps sayin no hard disk found, pls I need solution.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2009
chidibrown:

Dhtml* I tried formating vista 2 xp but it keeps sayin no hard disk found, pls I need solution.
What is the specs of your system (model, manufacturer and all)? and are you using your recovery CV/DVD or otigba CD?
is your hard-disk SATA/IDE? and what happened to it before that you wished to format it?
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by manalone2(m): 12:51am On Aug 03, 2009
Plz my email is justmanalone2004@yahoo.com i really nid d manual. One luv my broda,
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by chidibrown(m): 7:19am On Aug 03, 2009
Dhtml* I just want 2 change it 2 xp, It has no problem @all, hp530, hard disk sata
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 8:35am On Aug 03, 2009
Changing the Registered Owner and Registered Organization

If you want to change the registered owner and organization:

Start Regedit

1. For 32-bit - Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

2. For 64-bit - Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

3. From here change the RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2009
@dhtml, thanks my guru for the contribution, I lol @ otigba CD
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2009
If you computer gives you this nagging INFO "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting-This copy of windows did not pass genuine windows validation test"

Mail me: m a x w e l l i w e h@yahoo.comĀ  (dont give space in my username)(scammers be ware I am not gullible)

or you drop your email here.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2009
Whenever I double-click on any drive in My Computer, "Open with" dialog box opens
OR I get following error message:

Cannot find copy.exe. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again.

SOLUTION:

Enable "Show hidden files" option in "Tools -> Folder Options" and then search for
"Autorun.inf" file in all drives and if you get them in root of any drive (e.g. in C:\, D:\ and so
on), delete them.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
A faster way to that on dos will be, Start -> all programs ->Accessories -> command prompt (if vista, right click and launch with elevated privileges)
then on the dos screen,

c:\windows\> CD\
c:\> attrib -s -h -r autorun.*
c:\> del autorun.*

c:\> D:
d:\> attrib -s -h -r autorun.*
d:\> del autorun.*

c:\> E:
e:\> attrib -s -h -r autorun.*
e:\> del autorun.*

After you finish with all your drives then

e:\> taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
e:\> explorer

That ends it. . .all this way automated by one free software i created awhile ago. . .troy which i also pasted on this board earlier this year
Once you paste it on a drive and run it, it will remove the autorun.inf and replace the drive's icon with its own icon
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by blackweaver(m): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
@chidibrown
when your pc starts press f10 to go into the bios options
under system configuration, go to device configurations;
disable "Sata Native Mode", save changes and you will
be able to install winxp
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by chidyke77(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
Is it possible to upgrade my hp530 centrino single processor to core 2 duo processor and frm 1.60ghz to 2.0ghz speed.?
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by djbello(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
to whom it may concern,i use hp pavillion dv5,no matter the kinda yahoo messenger i install wont connect,i took it to a servicer who restored it back to factory setting,it worked bot atta a while it stoped working,out of frustration i tried to reset it to factory setting but i ended up aggravating the situation,pls i woulnt know whats wrong with the system but every other thing is perfect,pls what do i do
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
thanks@ *dhtml,

djbello, and chidyke77, let me check the crystal ball, will be back
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
ok o
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by fatholysis: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2009
Man *dhtml you are so dynamic i like you, you just give everything out like that for free plz can you teach me web design from the scratch?
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2009
@djbello, have you done an operating system upgrade/downgrade before?

that is trying to go from xp to vista /vista to xp before>

let us know
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by deji2009(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2009
what actually happen ? give us more description e.g unable to click on contact, wont senf the message
this are the basic stuff we need to know and did you get any error message when is stop working ?
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 3:21am On Aug 19, 2009
@djbello, yes deji2009 is right, furnish us with the error message.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
I forgot my system BIOS password. How can I reset it?

SOLUTION:

Open the cabinet and look for a coin-sized battery in motherboard. Remove it and attach it
again after a few minutes. All BIOS settings will set to default and the password will also reset.
Re: Computer Frequently Asked Problems by profits1: 7:19am On Sep 03, 2009
Whenever I start my computer, Scandisk starts running even I proper shut down the
PC last time

SOLUTION:

Do as following:

A. Open regedit and goto:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
In right-side pane, change the value of BootExecute to:
autocheck autochk *

B. If the above trick doesnt help then give following commands in Command Prompt:
chkntfs /x drive_name

for e.g., if ScanDisk runs automatically for C: and D: drives, then give following commands one by
one:

chkntfs /x C:
chkntfs /x D:

(1) (Reply)

Cloud Computing And Financial Applications / Get Master Password For Any Locked Computer... / Dell Latitude D820 Flash Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.