Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Complete Profile And Biography Of New FIFA President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Complete Profile And Biography Of New FIFA President (2060 Views)

Mohamed Salah Biography, Age, Profile And Lifestyle / Joao Havelange, Ex-FIFA President Is Dead / BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complete Profile And Biography Of New FIFA President by skultrick(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
The world football governing body, FIFA have announced Gianni Infantino as the successor to the embattled former FIFA President, Sepp Blatter. The new FIFA president emerged after a tightly contested election.

Infantino saw off President of the Asian Football Confederation Sheikh Salman, former FIFA executive Jerome Champagne of France and Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan.

Following a second round of voting, needing 104 votes to win, Infantino polled 115 and was named FIFA president until 2019 – the second successive Swiss president.

Full name: Giovanni Vincenzo Infantino

Place of birth: Brig, Switzerland

Date of Birth: 23 March 1970

Marital status: Married to Lina Al Achkar Infantino, 4 children (Alessia, Sabrina, Shanïa Serena and Dhalia Nora)

Education: University of Fribourg

Mother tongue: Italian/French/(Swiss-)German

Other languages: English/Spanish/Portuguese/Arabic

Biography

Before being elected FIFA President, Gianni Infantino was the UEFA General Secretary since October 2009, having joined the organisation in 2000. He led a team of over 400 staff which has helped further strengthen both national team and club football in Europe and UEFA's role as a respected and credible international governing body.
At the helm of UEFA’s administration and together with the Executive Committee, he has intensified UEFA’s work to provide a democratic and sustainable environment for European football. This has been achieved through initiatives such as Financial Fair Play, improved commercial support and an increased role in the decision-making process for Member Associations of all sizes, and the development of UEFA's competitions at every level of the game – including the exponential growth of the UEFA Champions League and the expansion of the UEFA European Football Championships.
Gianni led the fight against social ills and threats to the integrity of football in Europe, including all forms of racism and discrimination, violence and hooliganism, and match-fixing.

Professional activities

Joined UEFA in August 2000.

Appointed Director of UEFA’s Legal Affairs and Club Licensing Division in January 2004 – led UEFA’s work in fostering close contacts with the European Union, the Council of Europe and governmental authorities.
Promoted to Deputy General Secretary before becoming General Secretary in 2009.

Appointed to the 2016 FIFA Reform Committee in August 2015.

Worked as Secretary General of the International Centre for Sport Studies (CIES) at the University of Neuchâtel prior to joining UEFA, having previously been an adviser to a variety of football bodies, in Italy, Spain and Switzerland.

More @ http://nigeriainfohub.com/complete-profile-and-biography-of-new-fifa-president/
Re: Complete Profile And Biography Of New FIFA President by franugo(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
very informative...quite long tho, shoulda shortened it a bit
Re: Complete Profile And Biography Of New FIFA President by dreamcast95: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
franugo:
very informative...quite long tho, shoulda shortened it a bit
It seems to me, the new president of FIFA is an opportunity to start anew. I am happy that Mr Platini and Blatter left the football, I hope it's forever. They are disgraced FIFA CORUPTION and bribery, this is what is associated with them. about voting and the new president - https://www.naij.com/745447-breaking-infantino-elected-new-fifa-president.html I hope to fix Infantino
Re: Complete Profile And Biography Of New FIFA President by franugo(m): 5:45am On Feb 28, 2016
dreamcast95:

It seems to me, the new president of FIFA is an opportunity to start anew. I am happy that Mr Platini and Blatter left the football, I hope it's forever. They are disgraced FIFA CORUPTION and bribery, this is what is associated with them. about voting and the new president - https://www.naij.com/745447-breaking-infantino-elected-new-fifa-president.html I hope to fix Infantino

yea its quite shameful. imagine d fame, power, wealth et al dt comes with being the heads of football, how they can jux ruin their names like dt is beyond me...d ban has been reduced 2 6years, tho if na me, i'd jux jejely find one corner n live d rest of my life in peace

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Photos Of Victor Osimhen, The World FIFA U17 Highest Goal Scorer Ever / Manchester United Fans When They See Fellaini. (photo) LOL / Bet9ja Saturday January 6 2018 Soccer Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.