Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? (19163 Views)

Who Is GOLDIE Harvey? Meet GOLDIE Here, Know ALL About Her! / Adele. . . Does Anyone Here Know Her? / How Many People Here Know Barbara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by ofokasibe: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2009
does anyone here know how to extract instrumentals from a song? which software? step by step instructions pls,
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by rapjunkie(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2009
I don't think u can extract the instrumental from the song itself. U can only chop it into little pieces and extract bars where there are parts of the song with only the instrumental. . . . . . . , . sort of like samples of the beat

anybody else got any ideas? . , .
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by shawlxAk(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
You need a vocal eraser for that.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by obinna5000(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
I tried using Sound Forge to remove vocals, but the result was not enough.
What I do is either Google search for the instrumental, e.g. "Jay-Z Hard Knock Life instrumental" or use Limewire to download the instrumental.
You can also search for instrumentals on YouTube and download using Orbit or Internet Download Accelerator 5.7 or higher. After downloading, use another software to convert the FLV file to MP3 or WAV.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by lalaboi(m): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Basicsally, it can't be done with a software for a song downloaded off youtube and co cos the audios will be mixed . . .if its a song purely recorded in the studio and the beats is on the left side output and the voice on the right hand. . . .or vice versa. . . .what the softwares allow you to do is erase the part with the voice and save the side with the beats. But it doesn't work well cos the audio are now mixed and cannot be seperated using the mono left and right. . . .

Obinne,  . . .I have tried sourceforge too. . . .infact I have downloaded loads of softwares all in the name of extracting beats lol. . .I don taya,  . . .

Rapj. . . .your idea seems good. . . .you can cut some a part of the song wich is only beats and duplicate them,merge them to form a complete sampled beat. . . . .

Ofoka. . ,  u use fruity loops don't ya?, copy a song beat with a sound editor . . . . . then use the sound editor or fruity loops to merge them. . . . .fruity loops will be better cos u will be able to add extras to make it look whole. . , 

Typing on a phone na long tin sha lol
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by obinna5000(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
@lalaboi
I have downloaded alot of instrumentals on YouTube without vocals. Just search for it and download using IDA 5.7 or higher.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by ofokasibe: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
well thanks guys but i can download instrumentals anywhere normally
but , what i need is a fcukin trick to extarct naija instrumentals str8 up.
i have tried a buncha softwares but they dont work fruity loops only allows me to merge sampled beats into a long loop

i wonder where all those yankee boys who upload instrumentals on youtube do it , am 100% sure there is a way and i am definitely gon find it , lalaboi ask ur friends , just ask around. oshe omo mi. grin

@others
suggestions are needed , u just dont know which trick will work , keep bringing ur ideas guys.thx.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by obinna5000(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Ofokasibe
If its Nigerian songs instrumentals, then that one is difficult to find online.
Unless u have the artiste's promo copy which contains the instrumentals or some Naija albums also put instrumentals.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by nnonah111(m): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
Wel i think a software with d name AUDACITY Can do a little bit .jst google it
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by ElRazur: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2010
Have you tried using filters? This can remove most of the vocals and leave you with a usable backtrack.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by lalaboi(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2010
ElRazur:

Have you tried using filters? This can remove most of the vocals and leave you with a usable backtrack.

Tried that with some softwares. . . .Like i said early. . . Except the song is sourced formt he studio where it was mixed and mastered. . . .
If its form Youtube or sumn. . .forgerit. .
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by gidson12(m): 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
Its not 100% possible
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by jeanelonad: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
i have d best idea.use fruity loops,its quite hard but u just have to learn,
i have created so many instrumentals using fruity loops which hav ebeeen very helpful but u just have to learn using it.
is very good for naija intrumentals from hip hop to anything
u can only make use of the original software with its unblocking code.
call my number 08062735677 or jonnyworld3000@yahoo.com
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by jeanelonad: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
hello
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by bjmighty(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
rapjunkie:

I don't think u can extract the instrumental from the song itself. U can only chop it into little pieces and extract bars where there are parts of the song with only the instrumental. . . . . . . , . sort of like samples of the beat

anybody else got any ideas? . , .

This is exactly what i always do. Ofoka, na the solution be this!
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by jeanelonad: 10:43am On Oct 14, 2010
use fruity loops just as i said.everything u know of doesnt come easy.even NICE would " ffoto copy ko easy"dont espect extracting instrumeentals pose very easy.if u just good at spending qualitytimes,den cool down and use fruity to do d job.
u will get the exact instrumentals
am working on some like
"hold you-gyptian and so on.
if u need original software and registeration key for it contact 08062735677 jonnyworld3000@yahoo.com
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by guente(m): 12:36am On Oct 15, 2010
Too bad bro. . . Actually i knw erasing vocals out frm d main song is nt a small tin. Wat i usually do is to remake dat same song again wit my FL8 which will take tyme coz of d hussels in looking 4 d right soundfonts and vSti.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by jeanelonad: 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2010
hello
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by baqthiar: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2010
hey guyz, i got a software which can help u, its yogen vocal remover, it works to a some extent, try it,
download link,
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/sony+vocal+eraser/
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by overboard(m): 11:50pm On Nov 24, 2010
@ semid4lyfe
how does .wav format as output reduce quality? .wav is uncompressed and in comparism 2 mp3, its dopper as mp3 cuts most of d percieved inaudible frequencies 2 mak up a file takin up littl space. I do undastand what u mean if concerns yogen. Tried it, not 2 gud. Removin vocals depends a lot rcording or mixin technik usd 4 vocal. What these softwares do is to cut sound in d mono or stereo spectrum. Sonitus have atool called phase. It can greatly rduce vocals whn usd well or u can make use of mid-side processin plugins. Izotope Ozone is one of them. Othr creative techniks exist. Let me knw an example of a song and I'll see what I can do.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:02am On Nov 25, 2010
overboard:

@ semid4lyfe
how does .wav format as output reduce quality? .wav is uncompressed and in comparism 2 mp3, its dopper as mp3 cuts most of d percieved inaudible frequencies 2 mak up a file takin up littl space. I do undastand what u mean if concerns yogen. Tried it, not 2 gud.

You're right about .wav been an uncompressed audio format and how it's clearer/better than mp3 but I only meant it in the context of this yogen software.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by overboard(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2010
@semid4lyfe
ok.
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
errm. i normally convert to .wav format then use Steinberg Wavelab to identify vocal wave forms and delete them from the entire .wav stream. i must admit there are sections of the .wav stream where vocal wave forms are too close and exactly parallel to other instruments - vocoders can do this angry . when done you also have to remove dithers and white-noise as well as re-mix the de-voced stream into a new .wav project then convert to mp3. it can be tedious but you will love freedom you get re-mixing and sampling other peoples music grin
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 07, 2015
Nice one grin

For Those That Need Naija Music's Instrumentals you can check on http://www.itunesng.com
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by driversng: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
try audacity on pc
Re: Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? by spodam(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
This is the android app i mostly use for extracting instrumentals from a song, and its very effective

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vocal.remover.karaoke.instrumental

You can try it out

(1) (Reply)

Musical Video Shot With Iphone 5s - By Dyoungstar For Yet Films Ng. / Charles Novia's Critique Of Tonto Dike's Song / Indian Film Songs : Ask Me Here : Old And New Indian Songs Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.