Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead (56340 Views)

Izaak Theo Adu Flaunts His Chest After Removing Boobs / Yaw Adu 'Sumsum': No Actress Wants To Kiss Me In Movies - Ghanaian Actor Says / Babatunde Adu: Tmoneyadu Jailed In The U.K For Laundering Nearly £1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by ojosegun2011(m): 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP. The great baba on the tube when I was young. Rest in Perfect Peace. I was already a sophomore at Ife before I knew baba wasn't an igbo man.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by ColtPython(m): 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP old man
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
they will be replaced by greater ones.Reduction in population of nollwood which i think is a good thing on the other end
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by fairheven: 2:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Men listening to this man on BBC's "story story" was always a pleasure. He had the best accent of any nigerian artist.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by iamdynamite(m): 2:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
rip to this great actor.i grew up watching him.may his soul rest in perfect peace.pls what is grail movement?
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by excel101(m): 2:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
gistmeloveblog:

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/02/jab-adu-veteran-actor-dies/
Growing up then in Lagos was fun, i use to watch him on set(in the program tagged Village Headmaster). Together with the likes of late Gorimakpa, the late Sisi Clara, late councillor Balogun, late Justus Esiri(the headmaster),late Oghene, Kabiyesi, late Eleyimi, Okoro etc. I know that a whole lot of them are dead now. R.I.P to the dead, but where is Okoro? Cos i've not been hearing about him.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
MrJohnAgbo:
Rest In Peace. May God also grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
200k for 1k.......u sabi lie ahh
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by chiefololade: 2:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Eeyah. RIP Sir "Jabadu". I remember him in Saworoide.

Yes, he played the character of Lagbayi, one the logger chiefs
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
chiefololade:

Yes, he played the character of Lagbayi, one the logger chiefs
Yes. I miss Mainframe films o embarassed
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
pesinfada:
200k for 1k.......u sabi lie ahh
Ask and it shall be given unto you.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
I think he was one of the cast crew of BBC radio story story drama because they always mention Jab Adu at the end of the play, but i don't know the part he played, maybe mr Titus.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by kingviny: 2:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
upward to the Light! voice extraordinaire and drama maestro.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Adminisher: 2:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
Please stop disgracing this man with the epiphet Nollywood actor. He was far above Nollywood in class and pedigree. They were the grandfathers of Nollywood.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by stagger: 2:31pm On Feb 29, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Popular? I dnt know him.

Rip

You must be of the Indomie generation then. He was a very popular actor and I loved watching him in the original Village Headmaster series with others like Melville Obriango (Ogene), Joe Layode, Femi Robinson and co. Then of course there were councilors Balogun and Bamishe, Sisi Clara, Amebo, etc.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by naptu2: 2:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rest in peace and thanks for the memories. From the Village Headmaster (Chei! Chei! Chei! ) and Adio Family in the 1970s, to Turning Wheel on OGTV in the 1980s and '90s, to the BBC's Story Story, Voices From The Market Place and MNET's Tinsel in the 2000s and 2010s. Adieu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by CioAngels(f): 2:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Uncle jab, may your soul rest in perfect peace. May God grant the family you left behind fortitude to bear the loss. You were a very friendly diector on set. You will be missed. Theresa in Adio family.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by naptu2: 2:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
I think he was one of the cast crew of BBC story story drama because they always mention Jab Adu at the end of the play, but i don't know the part he played, maybe mr Titus.

Yeah, he was Mr Titus.

He acted as "Dr" Bassey Okon on the original Village Headmaster series (he owned the pharmacy and Boniface was his assistant) in the 1960s, '70s and early '80s.

He was Mr. Adio in Adio Family in the 1970s (Rosemary Anieze-Adams acted as his wife).

He also acted as the MD on The Turning Wheel on OGTV in the 1980s (Enebeli Elebuwa played the part of Inspector Ben Alamu).

He was Mr Titus on Story Story.

And he acted as Fred Ade-Williams' doctor in Tinsel on MNET.

He had perfect diction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by mapet: 2:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
I can hazard a guess that over 70 % of the NL crew don't know him...i.e. he'd been around decades before they were born
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by lolaxavier(m): 2:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP...hmmm
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Adebowale89(m): 2:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
rip, pa joseph
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by muller101(m): 2:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ripe age to go. RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
naptu2:

Yeah, he was Mr Titus.

He acted as "Dr" Bassey Okon on the original Village Headmaster series (he owned the pharmacy and Boniface was his assistant) in the 1960s, '70s and early '80s.

He was Mr. Adio in Adio Family in the 1970s (Rosemary Anieze-Adams acted as his wife).

He also acted as the MD on The Turning Wheel on OGTV in the 1980s (Enebeli Elebuwa played the part of Inspector Ben Alamu).

He was Mr Titus on Story Story.

And he acted as Fred Ade-Williams' doctor in Tinsel on MNET.

He had perfect diction.
Excellent diction, he had no rival.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by coalcoal1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
he was
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by femi4: 3:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Popular? I dnt know him.

Rip
kilomode e mo
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by femi4: 3:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Eeyah. RIP Sir "Jabadu". I remember him in Saworoide.
Also in Amin Orun with Sola Fosudo and Clearance Chukwura
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by ernestkube: 4:07pm On Feb 29, 2016
He was a good actor RIP.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by sheikshegetto(m): 4:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Popular? I dnt know him.

Rip
cos you was born yesterday child...take some diapers wipe yourself up...you've soiled yourself.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by enwerion: 4:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
grin
candidbabe:
I know this man
RIP
You sure? Abi you think say na telemundo the man they act? grin
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by pheesayor(m): 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
Indomie generation children won't know him

PoliticalThuG:
Popular? I dnt know him.

Rip
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
sheikshegetto:
cos you was born yesterday child...take some diapers wipe yourself up...you've soiled yourself.
i have soiled maself cos i dnt know him?

Joker!
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
femi4:
kilomode e mo
bia come here, na everybody dey watch movies especially yoruba movies? Why u no get sense like this? Lawa ooooo
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Misterdhee1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP.. One of those few lucky ones to even manage to reach 80, in this Millennium

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Ella Martins - The Beninese Actress With The Biggest Ukwu In Africa / #BBNaija: Bisola Defends Debie-Rise's Outfit To Cross River At 50 (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Hosts Dangote, Otedola, Donald Duke, Others (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.