Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE (13613 Views)

Have a Laptop/desktop/printer problem?? Bring Am Come Here / How To Format Hard Drive With Windows 7,8,8.1,10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by NICKLAUZ(m): 11:32am On Feb 29, 2016
Ok my name is Hard Ebic!!! Here is the new trick i learnt, u wanna format ur system? And no roms? Or u don't like takin softwares out? NO PROBLEMO, all u need is ur FLASH, qet ur clean window 7, 8 or XP, insert ur flash into ya USB PORT, and then insert ur window disk into ya rom, av u d0ne that? Ok let go,

1st step.. Double click on my c0mputer, then u will see the disk u inserted in ya rom,
Step two... Riqht click, then u will see open, open it and copy all the files in it...
And sorry b4 i 4qet ur flash gs must be 4gs upward, lol, ok let go,
and don't forget u musn't av any files in ur flash b4 copin that window files, meanin ur flash must be empty!!
Ok 3rd step... After all the files has been copied then eject ya r0m, take the disk out, then restart ur system,
Ok 4th step... Every system has there own keys to enter set up, buh u don't need that, u just need to press F1 + F2 + DELETE then it will take u to ya system set up
Lol 5th step... Go to boots set up, then change the 1st boot to external drive, some system miqht name the flash dia self like [HDD]2.0. So don't qet c0nfuse bro, just press F10 then save!!
And 6th step which is the last tips, after savin it, u will see press any key, then do it, this work perfect,
and there is another trick on how to format with ur flash drive, Good luck

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by goodnature: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2016
I know how to format. Pls how can I use WINDOW XP to repair my laptop?
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
This tutorial doesn't apply on all cases, simply copying the installation files to the flash and booting from flash doesn't work on all cases. You will need a live disk installer such as RUFUS for such.

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
Also, pcs make use of esc, f12,f10 etc to boot into bios from which you can set your boot source. Some don't even support booting from usb. Get your facts right before making a tutorial please.
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
Finally installing an os doesn't mean you have to format your hard drive, you can always install an os and your files will be just as they are... Safe. Formatting your hard drive before installing an os is just something people came up with as a way to completely eliminate a malware, it doesn't mean you always have to format your hd before you can install your os. You can even dual boot os, you can have win 7,win 8,win 10 all running on the same hard drive provided you have the space.
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by goodnature: 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Finally installing an os doesn't mean you have to format your hard drive, you can always install an os and your files will be just as they are... Safe. Formatting your hard drive before installing an os is just something people came up with as a way to completely eliminate a malware, it doesn't mean you always have to format your hd before you can install your os. You can even dual boot os, you can have win 7,win 8,win 10 all running on the same hard drive provided you have the space.

Pls kindly guide me concerning how I can use WINDOW XP to repair my OS instead of formatting it. I don't want to lose some information/files. Thanks!
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
goodnature:

Pls kindly guide me concerning how I can use WINDOW XP to repair my OS instead of formatting it. I don't want to lose some information/files. Thanks!
Check here for the easy process http://m.wikihow.com/Do-a-Windows-XP-%22Repair-Install%22
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by goodnature: 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Check here for the easy process http://m.wikihow.com/Do-a-Windows-XP-%22Repair-Install%22

Thanks but I have tried this. It didn't work. It was telling me to put console software. Is there anyway I can try? Thanks.
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
goodnature:

Thanks but I have tried this. It didn't work. It was telling me to put console software. Is there anyway I can try? Thanks.
Instead of choosing repair, just install the os ordinarily without formating the hard drive.
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by goodnature: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Instead of choosing repair, just install the os ordinarily without formating the hard drive.

Ok. Thank and God bless
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by NICKLAUZ(m): 10:18am On Mar 14, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Also, pcs make use of esc, f12,f10 etc to boot into bios from which you can set your boot source. Some don't even support booting from usb. Get your facts right before making a tutorial please.
get ma fact riqht? U should get ur brain riqht, i did it and it worked, so? What ur stress?
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 10:52am On Mar 14, 2016
NICKLAUZ:
get ma fact riqht? U should get ur brain riqht, i did it and it worked, so? What ur stress?
Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone. A good tutorial should be made with that in mind.
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 15, 2016
NICKLAUZ:
My problem with most of you online is how you can easily insult anybody you see. Guy, the fact you tried it on one system and it worked doesn't mean it will work on all systems! Before you generalize, you must have tested and verified it on quite a number of products cos every product has its own configuration!!!

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by Sanni45(m): 10:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
Guyz...U all are trying to assist nairalanders...@Seun correct constructively n Nicklauz learn to tak correction..U guyz are on d same syd.IMHO
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by DrinkWater10: 11:06am On Nov 23, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:
This tutorial doesn't apply on all cases, simply copying the installation files to the flash and booting from flash doesn't work on all cases. You will need a live disk installer such as RUFUS for such.
hello my laptop had to repaired so it's os was flashed and upgraded.
But now when you Power it on it never gets to the homescreen. after switching on it shows blue for hours, I think the harddrive wasn't properly flashed and has now developed issues, what do you suggest I do?
Re: Learn How To Format Ur Laptop, Desktop, Usinq FLASH DRIVE by DeBright5(m): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2019
NICKLAUZ:
Ok my name is Hard Ebic!!! Here is the new trick i learnt, u wanna format ur system? And no roms? Or u don't like takin softwares out? NO PROBLEMO, all u need is ur FLASH, qet ur clean window 7, 8 or XP, insert ur flash into ya USB PORT, and then insert ur window disk into ya rom, av u d0ne that? Ok let go,

1st step.. Double click on my c0mputer, then u will see the disk u inserted in ya rom,
Step two... Riqht click, then u will see open, open it and copy all the files in it...
And sorry b4 i 4qet ur flash gs must be 4gs upward, lol, ok let go,
and don't forget u musn't av any files in ur flash b4 copin that window files, meanin ur flash must be empty!!
Ok 3rd step... After all the files has been copied then eject ya r0m, take the disk out, then restart ur system,
Ok 4th step... Every system has there own keys to enter set up, buh u don't need that, u just need to press F1 + F2 + DELETE then it will take u to ya system set up
Lol 5th step... Go to boots set up, then change the 1st boot to external drive, some system miqht name the flash dia self like [HDD]2.0. So don't qet c0nfuse bro, just press F10 then save!!
And 6th step which is the last tips, after savin it, u will see press any key, then do it, this work perfect,
and there is another trick on how to format with ur flash drive, Good luck

Okay thanks

(1) (Reply)

Cancel All Data Plan Autorenewal On All Networks / How To Replace Internal Hard Disk With Extenal Usb Hard Disk In Laptop / Pix!Frosh!!landing Hot Original Xiaomi Power Banks(laptops And Phones)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.