Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Job Interview:questions & Answers. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview:questions & Answers. (481 Views)

Possible Answers To Some Interview Questions / How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview:questions & Answers. by macho44(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2016
Source:http://adielem.com/2016/02/28/1435/

Job interview questions come in several forms, depending on the nature of the interviewer. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the most common types of job interview questions a prospective interview candidate will ever encounter and how to tackle them too.
WEAKNESS/FAILURE QUESTIONS:
These type of job interview questions usually go as follows: “Tell me about your failures….” Or “ What is your greatest weakness?” These questions are the interviewer’s way of asking, “Are you still beating your wife?” or “Are you a drug addicted to drugs?”
Don’t allow yourself to be intimidated by these questions. You need not state a weakness or a failing just because the interviewer asks you to.
“I don’t generally fail”, or “I really can’t think of any”, are perfectly acceptable answers. Concise and sweet, and then wait,smiling for the comeback…. You’ll have demonstrated that you are no mug and pushover. If you are pressed (as you probably will be), here’s your justification answer, ,or if you wish to appear a little more self-effacing use this as a first response:
“I almost always succeed because I plan and manage accordingly. If something is not going right, I’ll change it until it works. The important thing is to put the necessary checks and contingencies in place that enables me to see if things aren’t going according to plan, and to effect changes when and if necessary….” Or
“There are certain things I’m not good at, but I’d never say these are my weaknesses as such….A weakness is vulnerability, and I don’t consider myself vulnerable. If there’s something I can’t do or don’t know, then I find someone who can do it or has a far better insight on the issue at hand.”
You can see the positive orientation which was used to tactfully assert yourself, always endeavour to present your answers in a credible fashion.
BLAME QUESTIONS:
You should watch out for the invitation to rubbish your past job or employer, especially in the form of:”Why did you leave your last job?” or “why have you had so many jobs”?
The interviewer is not just trying to satisfy his curiosity, it could be a ploy to make you say some negative things about your previous employers. If you make the mistake of saying that your last boss was an idiot, or that all your past jobs have been rubbish, you’ll be seen as someone who blames others for his mistakes and fails to take responsibility for his own actions and decisions.
Employers are interested in employing people who take responsibility, have initiative and come up with answers, not problems. Employers do not want to employ people who blame others. So, always showcase positive reasons and answers when given the opportunity to express the negative. The rule is never to blame anyone or anything else. Answers like, “I was ready for more challenges” , or “Each job offered a better opportunity, which I took advantage of”, or “I grow and learn quickly and I look for new opportunities. Better still, you could also say ”I wanted to get as much different experience as quickly as possible before looking for a better career opportunity, which is why I’m here. ”
One great technique for exploiting the blame question trap is to praise your past employers and managers. Generosity is a positive trait, so demonstrate it by lavishing praises on your previous employers.
However , you should keep your praises and observations realistic and relevant! Endeavour to mention attributes that your interviewer(s) and prospective new employer will identify and agree with. This will build association and a common ground between you and the employer or interviewer, which is very vital for successful interview outcomes. The interviewers need to see that you think like they do; and that you’ll fit into the organizations goal.

Job Interviews can be a bit of a game, so when you observe that it is, play it. The more you see subjective judgement and single-track behavior in the interviewer, then the more advantage there is in mirroring the interviewer’s style to suite your answers. People tend to like people who are similar ,Read more@Source:http://adielem.com/2016/02/28/1435/

(1) (Reply)

A Dispatch Rider / Nursery Teacher / Online Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.