Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help (715 Views)

RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? / Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by inikamoze(m): 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
My Laptop (HP 630) has been hanging quite often so I decided to do a complete formatting. But surprisingly after formatting it, I still experience same problem. I installed an antivirus and did a full scan of the laptop. Its runs well after booting but after a while, it takes a minute or so before anything I click on opens, what could be the problem? the specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Intel Pentium CPU B950@ 2.10GHz 2.10GHz
2.00GB(1.85 useable)
64bit OS

Any solution to this slow and hanging laptop?
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by pendusky(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
inikamoze:
My Laptop (HP 630) has been hanging quite often so I decided to do a complete formatting. But surprisingly after formatting it, I still experience same problem. I installed an antivirus and did a full scan of the laptop. Its runs well after booting but after a while, it takes a minute or so before anything I click on opens, what could be the problem? the specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
2.00GB(1.85 useable)
64bit OS

check if the processor fan is still functioning
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
inikamoze:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
2.00GB(1.85 useable)
64bit OS

Inadequate memory
faulty memory
OS mismatch
The best approach is to troubleshoot by elimination process
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
pendusky:

check if the processor fan is still functioning
Oh yes very fundamental

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by pendusky(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
you can try to install a fresh window it will work fine...
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by inikamoze(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thanks all for your contribution. Initially the laptop was a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit when It started having the hanging and slow response issues, I formatted and installed a fresh OS; Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, (I googled it before upgrading to the 64bit and found it would still run on fine if I upgraded to 64bit.) But why its still having same issues even on a fresh install(I backed up my files on an external HDD and did a Custom Installation).
Yeah the processor fan is still working. Could it be the low memory?
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by Oksman(m): 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
Your mouse is the chief suspect here if you are using one. Change it and thank me later.
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by inikamoze(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Oksman:
Your mouse is the chief suspect here if you are using one. Change it and thank me later.

I don't use a mouse, I use the Laptop's track pad
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by shawlxAk(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Try upgrading the physical RAM.

inikamoze:
Thanks all for your contribution. Initially the laptop was a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit when It started having the hanging and slow response issues, I formatted and installed a fresh OS; Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, (I googled it before upgrading to the 64bit and found it would still run on fine if I upgraded to 64bit.) But why its still having same issues even on a fresh install(I backed up my files on an external HDD and did a Custom Installation).
Yeah the processor fan is still working. Could it be the low memory?
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by Sanni45(m): 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
OP...This could b caused by overheating of d processor...Clean d fan n apply paste on processor.
Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 02, 2016
The issue here is possibly anything. One poster said you should try a process of elimination as that would guarantee you a fix. I agree with that poster.
System hanging, likely problems:
Low RAM
Failing RAM
Overheating processor
Underpowered processor
Faulty motherboard
Failing hard drive
Outdated system drivers
Low video memory(only applies when doing specific tasks).

Test for all these and you'd find your answer. If you can't do it yourself book an appointment with a technician.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Computer Hanging Often..pls Help by ErasmusCOMP: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
charix:
The issue here is possibly anything. One poster said you should try a process of elimination as that would guarantee you a fix. I agree with that poster.
System hanging, likely problems:
Low RAM
Failing RAM
Overheating processor
Underpowered processor
Faulty motherboard
Failing hard drive
Outdated system drivers
Low video memory(only applies when doing specific tasks).

Test for all these and you'd find your answer. If you can't do it yourself book an appointment with a technician.
You have said it all.

(1) (Reply)

How To Install A Security Camera System For A House / Dell Inspiron N5040 Battery Needed / Java Programming And Android Apps Development Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.