Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

The Chosen Daily Devotional 2nd March, 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Chosen Daily Devotional 2nd March, 2016 (361 Views)

Billy Graham Devotional For Friday, 2nd March, 2018 - Be Truthful / Pastor Adeboye Is 75 On 2nd March! / The Chosen Daily Devotional 29th Dec. 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 2nd March, 2016 by ChosenOnline: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: WEDNESDAY, 2ND MARCH 2016.

THEME: BE CAREFUL FOR YOUR ETERNAL LIFE

TEXT: LUKE 12:2-5
2.For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

3. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

4. And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

5.But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

MEMORY VERSE: Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it. DEUTERONOMY 25:19

As the hours and days count and pass by, everyone of us is drawing closer and closer to the day of accountability and to eternal life. Every word we speak as well as their accompanying actions counts to what determines where one spends one's eternal life. It is on this background that we are expected to be focused on our race to eternal life and be careful and mindful of everything we do on this planet earth.

In our text above, the Bible made us to understand that there is nothing done in the secret that will not be exposed on the last day, the day of accountability. It is not what you do in the open especially when you are in the church that forms the basis for the judgment on the last day rather all actions and inactions both in the open and in the closet. It is possible to commit fornication or adultery and still come out to preach against it in the open. It is also possible to stay in your bedroom and drink one or two bottles without anybody knowing it. One may keep malice and still attend vigils and services because men may not know but God knows and all will be made open on the last day. We should be careful and fear God who has power to cast one into hell fire. It is the enemy that leads us into sin hence we should not give him chance at all.

In the memory verse, God identified the Amalekites as the enemies of the Israelites hence He asked them to crush the Amalekites. Do not give the enemy any chance in your life. The trumpet may soon sound.

PRAYER POINTS:
Pray that God will help you not to fall to the deceit of the devil to commit sin.
Pray for the power to always resist the devil.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil 1John 3:8 If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

(1) (Reply)

Faith Vs Joy / Question 1: Is Gambling A Sin? / Dangerous Islamic Group Emerges In Kaduna – Governor El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.