Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

How To Download Heavy Apps On Microsoft Lumia Phone Without Wifi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Download Heavy Apps On Microsoft Lumia Phone Without Wifi (3507 Views)

See This Trick I Use To Prevent Heavy Apps From Consuming Much Of My Data / Microsoft Windows/lumia Phone Thread All Issues Resolved / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Download Heavy Apps On Microsoft Lumia Phone Without Wifi by GreyLaw(m): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2016
It is not possible to download heavy apps from the Microsoft store to your Lumia phone using mobile network. It has to be WiFi. So, apps above, say, 30mb has to wait till you have access to WiFi. Talk of annoying!

I snooped round the internet and was able to get a beautiful solution. You can now download games like Asphalt 8, which is about 1Gigabyte, or any other heavy app, without waiting for Wifi. Here is a step-by-step guide:

1. Open your UC web browser. If you don't have one already in your phone, download.

2. In the address bar, type the name of the game or app, and hit the send (Enter) button.

3. Select one of the download sites from the search results.

Note: Do not select Microsoft site, which usually comes first in the search, else it would automatically open the Microsoft app store of your phone.

4. On the selected site, click on the download button and save to SD card. (Normal UC web download).

5. Wait till download is completed. This may take anywhere between a few seconds and a few minutes, depending on the size of the file. A good 3g network will turbo charge the download speed.

6. Close UC web browser and go to your phone's Microsoft app store.

7. Click on the ellipses (three dots) at the bottom right of your screen and select install local apps.

8. Check (mark) the app you have just downloaded from the list.

9. Click on install and wait till installation is completed.

10. Go to your phone's apps list and you will see you new app perfectly installed.

Some observations

When you get to step 7, if you don't see the "Install local apps" option, it means your phone has not seen the new download.

Simple solution: Reboot your phone and check again. If you still don't see it, take out your memory card, put it back and check again. Voila! It will be there. Complete your installation and enjoy your app!

(1) (Reply)

11 Ways To Tell If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science / My Device Is Taking Me Back To 80 When I Take Pics With It. / Tecno Camon 15 Vs Infinix Note 7 Lite: Which Should You Buy? W/prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.