Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Open Letter To Nigerian Entrepreneurs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To Nigerian Entrepreneurs (398 Views)

7 Funding Sources Available For Nigerian Entrepreneurs In 2017 (part Three) / 7 Funding Sources For Nigerian Entrepreneurs In 2017 (part Two) / Motivational Quotes From 20 Successful Nigerian Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by DadaStephen1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Dear entrepreneur, I am proud of you. I see your efforts and hustle and I believe so convincingly that this year is your year of breakthrough.
As you can see, we Nigerians are doing everything possible to motivate ourselves to patronise you rather than foreigners.
We know that when we help boost your business, you will not only contribute to our economy through your taxes, you will also create job opportunities.
Please do not give up, keep on hitting hard, you're close to finding the gold!

But then again dear entrepreneur, I need you to know that whether we Nigerians patronise you or not is a choice that lies in your hands.
You might need to encourage us to patronise you too by being a bit selfless and less expensive.
In situations where or when your product is even more expensive than the imported ones which might even be better is quite unfair and unreasonable.
When you're rising in business, you rise gradually, don't expect to make millions of naira overnight through people's hard earned money.
It won't make you be in business for long.
Senator Ben Murray Bruce and some of us are doing a great job to make Nigerians patronise you so much and prefer you above your foreign counterparts.
Please encourage us more by making your products better and making your products affordable.
Ask Henry Ford, he wanted to make good cars that the poor man can ride, that's why long after his death, the FORD cars are still in use.
Let the common man be your focus.
In 2014, I was on the board of directors of an Agrotech company, we were to build an ecommerce website for fresh farm products and the cheapest bill we got from Nigerian Web developers then was N400,000. I was forced to contact my Indian friend who designed the same website with even better features for N50,000.

We need to look critically into making lives better not making things tough, that's when you will stay in business for a much longer period.
Please do not mention that the dollar rate is high and so it's affecting your pricing, if that's the case then why don't we buy the foreign goods and services.
This is your opportunity to own your market before the white man will come in, buy your land, build factories and sell to your potential market.
May you not end up working as a white man's slave.

Please come down a bit on your pricing and you will be surprised how we Nigerians will patronise your business.

God bless Nigeria.

DSt
Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by DadaStephen1(m): 6:01am On Mar 03, 2016
I wish this can get to the front page.

(1) (Reply)

Tennis Boss Resigned Over Gender Discrimination / Abducted Army Colonel Found Dead In Kaduna / Fayose, Aluko Trade Words Over Brewing Ekiti Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.