Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It (865 Views)

"How I Succeeded": Chinecherem Cynthia Who Had All 9As In WAEC Reveals (Photos) / Girl Who Got 9As In Her SSCE In Enugu Gets Scholarship / 7-Year-Old Son Demands Iphone From His Father, And His Father Demands This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by kissval1388: 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Dear nairalanders,
my 7 years old child told me he need a smart phone (iPhone) , I got my self in to trouble by telling him to make 9 excellent in his result and he made it.
please should I buy him the phone as I promise or confuse him?

Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by Vodkka(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
Half term ni? undecided
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by azeeza(f): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmm, mine was play station. This boy keep disturbing even in my dream. It wasn't funny.
The trick I used now is study hard, a good result and I will surprise you.
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by zerozeroseven(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
Pls reward him accordingly and as promised..u no dy shame to scam ur pikin?? angry

Btw, head teacher's handwriting is sooooo nice. cool

1 Like

Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by kissval1388: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
azeeza:
Hmmm, mine was play station. This boy keep disturbing even in my dream. It wasn't funny.
The trick I used now is study hard, a good result and I will surprise you.
Lols buy for him play station and see 9 fs parrarel next term. Lols
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by kissval1388: 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
zerozeroseven:
Pls reward him accordingly and as promised..u no dy shame to scam ur pikin?? angry

Btw, head teacher's handwriting is sooooo nice. cool
am scared I might see fs next term
you know the power of phone na
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
In education, it is taught that you make use of reward and punishment in awarding learners achievements.

You decided to use the former to improve your child's academics. Now that he had bagged the 9 A's you are reluctant in fulfilling your promise.

Looking closely at your reward, we both can agree that it will be a source of distraction for him in the long run as it could be detrimental to his studies.

Even matured folks find it difficult to cope with such a big distraction talk more of a kid.
If you don't want to see your kids grade go down the drain then do something about it.

This is where child psychology come into play.

Get him the iPhone, but don't give it to him yet. You tell him that he can have it when school is on vacation. When school resume, collect the iPhone and lock it away. Also tell him that his 9A's in every term will determine him making use of the phone on vacation. Tell him to maintain the 9 A's or kiss the iPhone good bye..

I hope this helps...

2 Likes

Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by Dekatron(m): 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Rather buy him LEGO or kids tablet. . . Obviously, he is naive and doesn't even know what you even use an iPhone for. . . . . Just buy him advanced toys/Introductory Engineering set/LEGO/Kids rugged tablet & regulate how he uses it. . .

By 10-11, he should have his own PC.
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 04, 2016
Daninya11:
In education, it is taught that you make use of reward and punishment in awarding learners achievements.

You decided to use the former to improve your child's academics. Now that he had bagged the 9 A's you are reluctant in fulfilling your promise.

Looking closely at your reward, we both can agree that it will be a source of distraction for him in the long run as it could be detrimental to his studies.

Even matured folks find it difficult to cope with such a big distraction talk more of a kid.
If you don't want to see your kids grade go down the drain then do something about it.

This is where child psychology come into play.

Get him the iPhone, but don't give it to him yet. You tell him that he can have it when school is on vacation. When school resume, collect the iPhone and lock it away. Also tell him that his 9A's in every term will determine him making use of the phone on vacation. Tell him to maintain the 9 A's or kiss the iPhone good bye..

I hope this helps...
what if he becomes too addicted and dosn't mind looking for a way to use some one elses.
its too risky, I dont think its advisable.
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by oluwamichael93(m): 1:43am On Mar 04, 2016
I think I know fits schoOl
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2016
promise and fail is a sin, you must buy him that iPhone oh.
Re: I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It by obynaDmob(m): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2016
Did u see were dey wrote he needs to improve on his self esteem? ...op do d needful..ur fufilled promises might go a long way

(1) (Reply)

SEE HOW WE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROJECT / 29 Things You Should Never Include On Your Cv / Examination To Start Nextweek Without Timetable-uniuyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.