Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry (18738 Views)

DSTV Now App Not Working On My Blackberry Passport. Please Help / Whatsapp Just Stopped Working On My Blackberry Z10. Anyway To Fix It? / HELP!!!! My Blackberry 9930 Won't Turn On, It Only Shows The Red Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by eminent007(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2016
sorextee:
I agree with u. My z30 is still my primary phone. In terms of email and work related issues. My android is for plating games eg, candy crush, soda, words with frnds, etc. cheesy

Plating games?!

Please go to school my broda
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Horlufemi(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:
Every day someone questions my Blackberry as the smartphone of choice but I can honestly say that it makes my life easier and me a more productive manager.

THERE ARE CERTAIN WAYS BLACKBERRY IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY OVER OTHER SMARTPHONES.

So how does the Blackberry IMPROVE productivity versus other smartphones?

(1) E-mail and calendar work amazing WELL and are lightning fast.

(2) Type super fast on the physical keyboard without looking, taking notes, writing blogs and other longer texts.

(3) The battery always lasts longer even if the phone is used heavily.

(4) It's small and can easily be used with one hand when needed.

(4) The hardware is robust and has never failed me in the last 5 years.

(5) When roaming it uses a minimum amount of data when sending and receiving and messages and no need to turn off other applications.

(6) The services are extremely reliable with only one major incident in October 2012.

(7) Related to the first point but usability is extremely good with swipes, touch screen and keyboard complementing
each other.

(8. Core services such as Camera, Calculator, Weather, Whatsapp and evernote work really well.

(9) The lack of distraction from latest games and apps may be related to discipline rather than the device but I'll put it on the list anyway.

And yes, I have an android with me as backup and to use all the great apps that also improve my daily life. Maybe the combination of two or three phones is the reason that Blackberry remains my primary device. My android battery doesn't last long and I have a problem with that.

Na suffer u dey when you say you can still manage/prefer your 1980 car over a 2015 vehicle.

I know people who want to die on top bb but after lending then my hot 2 for a day. the tones change. I quote "I am so buying an Android phone"

keep deceiving yourself with points.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by kliverpool(m): 10:26am On Mar 05, 2016
Team blackberry. Just love it
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by emyguz(m): 10:29am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:

(8. Core services such as Camera, Calculator, Weather, Whatsapp and evernote work really well.

And yes, I have an android with me as backup and to use all the great apps that also improve my daily life. Maybe the combination of two or three phones is the reason that Blackberry remains my primary device. My android battery doesn't last long and I have a problem with that.

whatsapp is about to end its support BlackBerry Nokia s40 and s60, and windows 7.1 devices by the end of dis year. So keep ur android device handy just in case it comes to pass
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by fashrola(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2016
You guys should know BlackBerry is a company who’s business revolves around privacy and secure communication. Google is a company who’s business revolves around data-mining and advertising.....

Top businessmen and leaders in the world rarely use android phones....
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by fashrola(m): 10:42am On Mar 05, 2016
emyguz:

whatsapp is about to end its support BlackBerry Nokia s40 and s60, and windows 7.1 devices by the end of dis year. So keep ur android device handy just in case it comes to pass

Last time I checked Blackberry 10 devices can still install apk files even you can install Google Playstore on BlackBerry 10 devices which you can install your whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Smartlife(m): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2016
timbros:

Summary: Variety is a beautiful thing. Even God created all of us unique. My fingerprint is unique, same with yours. Your like will always be different from others so if blackberry is your favourite, ride on bros.

I wont start listing epistle but ONE reason I will give up my blackberry (if I had one) is Whatsapp . Go figure.

Blackberry is already dead on arrival
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2016
kolexepana:
I guess Op haven't handled an android phone
You obviously missed the part when he wrote that he owned an Android phone as a backup. Btw what's the big deal about an Android phone anyway? How many times have threads been opened in the past with users lamenting on the amount they spend on data. My 2 phones are BBs and will continue to be. Whatsapp be Damned.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2016
The only reason I'll want to use a blackberry device is cos of the unlimited data
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by ovisprince(m): 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
I don tire for BlackBerry abeg... Android is the new black
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Spanner4(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
My bosom friend has pressurized me to forfeit my BB Torch and go for android but Mehn for me I can't rather I will go for BB Z30 coz BB rocks , I enjoying using Emails and its calenders, its data consumption rate is nothing to be compared with.

#Team Black Berry# BB is referred to as the OLD LADY wey still dey do inyanga and will never stop doing inyanga.

Shoutout to y'all but still need android to play winning Eleven soccer game,lol
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Etinosajay(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
mccoy47:
Bla bla bla undecided
keep using bb oo
But By Jan 1st 2017 when Whatsapp kicks BlackBerry off its domain I hope you won't decamp grin

Are you really this naive?

BlackBerry 10 OS phones, are android phones in the making. Do you agree or you want to argue?

If whatsapp stops support for BlackBerry 10 OS, simply install the whatsapp made for android on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Period

I know many people will bring up this whatsapp ish just to discredit the BlackBerry phone.

Take it or leave it, the BlackBerry smartphone changed the game of smartphones. Ask samsung and their ilks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Etinosajay(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
fashrola:

Last time I checked Blackberry 10 devices can still install apk files even you can install Google Playstore on BlackBerry 10 devices which you can install your whatsapp

I tire for all these oversabi android goons.

I admire the way android has shaped up and improved. BlackBerry made dem shape up.

Frankly speaking, if I want to play a game like soccer or other stuff, I'd patronise the android.

But BlackBerry answers all questions from email, to social to others.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by SirAweezy(m): 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
I have an Sgalaxy 10.1 an S6edge and a BlackBerry Passport.

But you know what, blackberry rocks all the time! more business reliable, and it so efficient gives you this confidence that you close to the office, even when you are far.

To me android it's still a child's play
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nubiaqueen: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
BlackBerry all the way! My z30 is excellent for core work communication, emails, texts, whatsapp....you name it. I just can never understand the hype with all this android phones jare
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by larrypourl(m): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Samsung J7 for selfie nd games
Z10 for business and work selling it for Z30
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Etinosajay:

Are you really this naive?

BlackBerry 10 OS phones, are android phones in the making. Do you agree or you want to argue?

If whatsapp stops support for BlackBerry 10 OS, simply install the whatsapp made for android on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Period

I know many people will bring up this whatsapp ish just to discredit the BlackBerry phone.

Take it or leave it, the BlackBerry smartphone changed the game of smartphones. Ask samsung and their ilks.

very very true and well said, thanks to Blackberry, messaging was a breeze, bbm killed the word communication as the whole worldworshipped the idea called bbm because whatsapp and the likes became big game players, bbm is a classic tool, bbm for android tho cool seriously to me isn't the same as the traditional bbm that comes with your blackberry, which never freezes, never shuts down or closes like it does on most android devices, android gave us more options no doubt but you have to love blackberry if you have ever held and utilized one, i bought a Blackberry curve 4 sometime back tho i still had my android and that little device killed work for me, the ease at which bbm opens, i can easily use it as a flash for all my files, transferring all kinds of files to my personal pc and office one, the 5 mp camera still kills most android 5 mp cameras, i still marvel at how such a little device that weighs so light, in fact it feels so light and useful i have secretly fallen in love with it, yes it uses the old os with it's limitations but the 3 gig 1k from glo works fine for me, wifi is a blast, nfc works fine, i love my android but you are more likely to catch me with the little curve 4 than my current samsung duos, the keypad is so addictive and reminds me of when bb's just came into the piture, the keypads are so easy to use and type fast with and more.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Themaths(m): 1:20am On Mar 06, 2016
BB? Flop, that is why dey are porting to android. Android? Kinging grin
sixtusjr:
android What's special
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 06, 2016
7 years ago most of your would have sworn that the bb was the best phone, now its android, bet you sometin better than android will come.

Tech evolves, you move with the times, I keep my bb asa collectors item.

Its also very good with mails and chats , enjoyed writing this post with my bb, its still better than the chinkos u all brag about.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by kolexepana: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
sixtusjr:
android What's special
Everything is special about my own c8, don't know about others
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by williesmith: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
donogaga:

(5) When roaming it uses a minimum amount of data when sending and receiving and messages and no need to turn off other applications.

Very interesting, I use https://pondmobile.com/ for roaming and I find it's conditions the best on the market. I'll try Blackberry for international calls to optimize my roaming next time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User / Gionee Marathon M3 Mini Specifications And Price / How To Block Someone From Seeing Your Picture On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.